over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Log: Bodybuilder in China

"reload" Leg training

hbbs: 60kgx10x2, 80kgx5, 100kgx5, 120kgx1, 130kgx5, 100kgx10
Single leg atg knees over toes squat: bwx10x3
hamstring curls: 60x12x7

I'm finally recovering from illness and my lung capacity/endurance are still too fucked to train legs at full effort. Hopefully the week after next we can put in a good effort. As a side benefit, my appetite is absolutely nuked from antibiotics which is possibly a good thing at 6.5 weeks out.

Friday night/saturday morning going to be busy coaching my athlete at her first powerlifting meet and I plan on eating a bit looser. I won't overdo it with junk or anything, but I'll probably be pretty loose with Chinese restaurant food. Just keeping the sugars/cakes/icecream/pizza stuff out but don't be afraid to have some highish calorie dumplings, meat+rice, or meat+noodles dishes while I'm out there. Kind of a big deal and worthy of a celebration/partial relaxation from the diet. It's about 2 hours away but I'm sure i can find semi-clean food and do plan on bringing some of my own clean food too.

Did arms Friday afternoon but honestly forgot weights. I remember 25kg curls for 33 reps I think. The rest is a blur already.

Meet went great and she did 105/40/90. 95 got 2 reds for hitching. 235kg total as a 55kg woman training for less than 2 years and only deadlifting from February. Not bad. Has a lot of potential. I'll post the video when I get around to it. The meet was in a really remote area, so there was no cheat food around at all really and I probably consumed less than 2k calories of junk in the entire day with less than 50g protein. I'd love to start coaching more powerlifters. The sport is growing so fast in China. I don't think I'd ever coach a female physique athlete, sounds nightmarish.

Chest
Incline db press: 40kgx14 (+2 reps from last week), 30kgx17,8,6 (first set up +4 reps from last week)
Machine press: ??x12,7
Machine fly: 80x12x3

Got some bad news. The show I wanted to do got canceled because there was a covid outbreak of the India variety. I have a few options...
1. Compete in Chongqing on 6/27. This is very close to the city I'm moving to and I can arrange a things to where I renew my visa at the same time I'm travelling for this show. Problem is I don't feel 4 weeks out and I don't think I'll look my best. I have a few powerlifting buddies who live in Chengdu who want me to do this, but they don't realize how sensitive prep is for bodybuilding compared to pling. I may also end up in a situation where I'm trying to renew my work permit/visa the day before or the day after competing, which sounds extremely unpleasant.
2. Compete in Shenzhen on 7/30 my cousin lives in this city (which is very near Guangzhou where I was originally scheduled to compete, so there's a chance this also gets canceled). This gives me much more time to peak, but then I'd have to either expend the energy and effort moving to Chengdu during prep or immediately after competing, both of which sound unpleasant.
3. Take some time off clen+tren+winstrol, restart them around early July, and compete in Kunming on 09/05. It's a few hours from Chengdu by train but my new job will have started and I'll end up having to diet through my summer break which is what I wanted to avoid. But I can definitely bring a really good package if I do this.
4. Don't compete at all... My last attempt at competing was thwarted in sept/oct 2020 by my show getting combined with one in another city and then covid regulations preventing me from leaving my city.

I am thinking I'll do number 1. I'm enjoying prep a lot less knowing I have to get on a plane to do this. My first show was like 45 minute drive from my house. I want to do another show where I can sleep in my own bed and just take a taxi to the venue and stay in my routine with food and an environment I'm familiar with. This is especially the case living in a foreign country where I speak the language at only an intermediate level and food preparation standards are generally not hygienic. I don't want to decide today because I have severe appetite loss and stomach discomfort/distention. I have no idea if its from orals, antibiotics, or side effect from caber (most likely culprit), something I ate, or new heartburn medication switched from nexium to zantac. This was just because nexium I have to go to the clinic and wait around for 30 minutes to get but zantac I can have delivered to me in 15 minutes. It could even be some combination of the above. Either way I feel and look very bad right now so I'm in no headspace to make a choice. I'm leaning toward choice 1 and just treating it like a "warmup show" but with no real show afterword.

I'm honestly amazed I made a pr on incline db press by such a big margin given recent weight loss and feeling like I was going to throw up the whole time.

Okay I just looked at the calendar and realized the 27th is a Sunday. That means the earliest I'd do the visa paperwork stuff would be the 25th and the office is closed on the weekend so there's no chance of the times overlapping. For whatever reason this makes me feel a lot less stressed about this situation. Tentatively let's then say I am now 3 weeks and 6 days out! The circumstances are decidedly non-ideal, but ostensibly next year I will not be moving or changing jobs and should have things way more stable.

Alright here's the plan:

The last show currently scheduled is Kunming on Sept 9, but fed is wanting to put more shows later in the year. I am asking head judge about a show in the city I'm actually moving to and it's probable but guaranteed. The current plan is to continue dieting until the 20th regardless of whether or not there's a show scheduled then. If there's a show in sept/oct in the city I move to or anywhere nearby, I will not do the one this month, will take a quick 4-6 week rebound, and re-enter prep for that show. If there isn't one scheduled by the 20th, then I keep dieting for the last week, up the letro, and do the show.

Back

Chinups: bwx18,11,10
barbell rows: 80kgx14, 70kgx10, 60kgx10
Pulldowns: 3 sets to failure 20,13,8
Machine rows: 3 sets failure

Big performance drop here. I had digestive problems on the chest day and the day after, but my bw is also coming down super fast. Prob a combination of both. It's cool though, if i am indeed 3.5 weeks out performance is less of a concern than fat loss obv.

Saturday I'm going to be able to pose in this spot in trunks. Then sunday I'll pose in the same room as you see from the pics on the first page of the thread to compare 9 months apart photos. I suspect I've gained a lot in legs+chest but not much anywhere else.

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20210603111608.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210603111608.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 25
  • WeChat Image_20210603111625.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210603111625.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 23
  • WeChat Image_20210603111640.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210603111640.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 21
  • WeChat Image_20210603111653.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210603111653.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 26
  • WeChat Image_20210603111704.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210603111704.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 25
  • WeChat Image_20210603111716.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210603111716.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 26
  • WeChat Image_20210603111723.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210603111723.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 24
I've been absent for a while but I'm back. Missed a few logs but here was this week's chest and back workouts respectively

Chest+tri
Incline db: 40kgx12, 30kgx12, 13
Flat db: 30kgx10, 8
Machine press: 2 sets
Cable crossovers: 2 sets

Back
Chinups: bwx19, 13, 8
Barbell rows: 80kgx22 (17+5), 13, 9
Pulldowns: 90x15, 80x13, 10
Machine rows: 3 sets

Super happy with row performance.

I went to the head judge's gym and did some posing practice/changes with him. After that, I asked a bunch of questions.
1. He told me do not do classic. I am super torso dominant and have much weaker limbs. Vacuum is not good either. The fact that I am the right weight/height for classic does not change this.
2. Gently advised me to not worry about competing for a while and just focus on growing.
3. Asked about PED protocols. His recommendations were virtually identical to Chad Nichols stuff. EOD injects, about twice as much test as deca, orals for 4 weeks on 4 weeks off. It was eerily similar to the stuff posted in Pinkton thread.
4. He likes some weird high volume mostly machines weird partial ROM training that I don't think I'm down with.
5. Need to work on arms+legs, everything else good and in balance.

06/11/21 Legs
hbbs: up to 140kgx1, 120kgx10, 100kgx10 gassed from not being able to train legs during bronchitis and having lost so much work capacity
Single leg ATG squat: bwx10x4 this is looking better and better. Super happy with this and may start adding weight soon as my technique gets better and better
Paused sldl: up to 110kgx10 (3 second pauses)
Hamstring curls: 3 sets failure forgot weeeighhttsss

06/12/21 Shoulders
Banded rear delt+rotator cuff work until rear delts had a hy00ge pump (kinda hard to track but who cares about weights on rear delts, all about feel and recruiting the right muscles)
DB OHP (seated): 34kgx12, 30kgx12, 20kgx13
kb side delt prone raises: 15lbsx20,16,12
DB rear delts: 6kgx3 sets fail
Cable side raises: 24, 12

Typical 5 day bro split. Volume not really high or really low. Good mix of compound and isolation work.

We/Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun chest/back/legs/shoulders/arms

No more reinventing the wheel. Success leaves clues.

Arms
Bottom/meaty part of forearms were still sore from back training so started with hammers and didn't do my normal barbell curls
Hammer curls: 18kgx20, 14kgx20, 14kgx14
Dual rope pushdowns: 30kgx25,9, 23kgx15
DB curls: 10kgx20, 15
Single arm pushdowns: 14kgx25/20, 16/12, 9/9 was much stronger on right than left for some reason? Normally opposite, so I'm thinking I was unconsciously doing more on left side on dual ropes

Superset 7 rounds 8-12 reps
normal pushdowns and cable curls: 23-30kgx8-12 not really hitting failure until the last 2 sets for each

I'm staying on a very clean diet still but with more food. I have come off clen and the withdrawals are pretty uncomfortable; just general fatigue and a little anhedonia. It usually lasts about 8-10 days then back to normal.

The olympic lifters get the good pharm grade and designer stuff, of course. They give 11-12 year old girls dbol when they've been oly lifting for 2 years and show potential to medal at an international competition.
Cool log. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the weightlifting gyms closed to the public? I'm just curious if you witnessed this just in Suzhou or have you witnessed it in other professional weightlifting gyms?

Cool log. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the weightlifting gyms closed to the public? I'm just curious if you witnessed this just in Suzhou or have you witnessed it in other professional weightlifting gyms?
Correct, you can't just walk in and train. You can do like a 'tour' if you want for the lower level training sites (not the big beijing one where like lu xiaojun and all the big names train). Even there you'll see 96kg class guys clean and jerking 200kg in training on a typical friday. to condense a sorta long story, but one of my foreigner homeboys who lives in Chengdu (where I am moving) was visiting his wife's village. There they encountered an up and coming semi-pro female lifter, forgot which weight class but she was literally 4'11. He's a 6'4 Belgian guy and had been trying to learn oly lifting for 2 years at that point and jumped at the opportunity to come to their training hall near the village. He was able to go and train there and get free coaching from this little 4'11 20 something farmer peasant girl haha. So it's less closed than you'd think. I'm sure if somebody was an intermediate level recreational oly lifter and wanted to go to one of these official facilities they'd be happy to have you, and probably wouldn't even charge a nominal fee either. Weightlifters all come from village poor populations and they'd likely be pretty amazed by a comparatively wealthy big city chinese recreational lifter. There's only two recreational clubs I know of that aren't crossfit associated; one in Shanghai that I visited and one in Guangzhou run by a former pro. both have female head coaches/mostly female clientele.

The chest+back sessions I was still in clen withdrawal and performance was shit. After that things have started picking up and I'm feeling better. No longer sleeping 13-15 hours a day, down to like 10 at night and a 1 hour nap mid day. I do have a weird lower forearm pain on right side and can't do normal barbell curls or chinups. That's okay though; I'll take time to focus on barbell rows and hammer curls which are pain free.

Chest
Incline db: 40kgx8
flat db: 40kgx10
machine flies: 5 sets of 20

Back
Strapped pullups: bwx5x3
Barbell rows: 60kgx10x3
Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12
Machine rows: 3 sets of 12

Legs
Beltless hbbs: 130kgx1, 110kgx10, 100kgx10x2
ATG split squat: bwx10x3
Paused SLDL: 80kgx10x2, 80kgx5. Could have done more but I felt a weird twinge in right lat and called it. No problems since then, thank god.
hamstring curls: 3x15

Shoulders:
DB OHP: 30kgx18, 13, 9
DB side delt seated raises: 4kgx20, 13, 9
DB rear delt: 6kgx19,13, 10
Cable cuff side raise: 7kgx22, 10, 6

Arms:
DB hammer curls: 18kgx18, 14kgx15, 10kgx20
Pushdowns: ??x3 sets (different gym than normal arm day gym)
DB skullcrusher SS with db curls: 8kgx18, 20, 13 skullcrushers, kinda forgot curls
hammer rope curls: 3 sets
Single arm rope pushdowns braced against a bench: 3 sets to failure

so that was my week of training! First half was rough but I got through it. Next time I run it, I might taper off clen. I'm planning on going straight back into a cut in August whether I decide to compete or otherwise. I want to experiment with using lower dose tren but longer duration... so like instead of 400mg for 8 weeks, do 200mg for 16. yeah blah blah blah 200 is not a low dose back in the 90s we used negative 300mg tren every 5 years and that was considered a ton ok whatever grandpa.

I'm going to be travelling next week. I gotta set up my new visa in person and need it fully finished and in my hands before I come back home, so I'll prob be gone from 26th to july 6th or 7th. I will still have a place to train and time to train; the only day where I mgiht not be able to is the 28th of june.

Also started using shrimp as one of my main protein source. Idk why I didn't do this before; it's almost as expensive as steak but it's sooooooo good with black beans+rice+avocado and a bit of lime+cilantro omg. Barely feels like a bodybuilding meal, feels like a filthy cheat meal because it tastes so amazing.

Correct, you can't just walk in and train. You can do like a 'tour' if you want for the lower level training sites (not the big beijing one where like lu xiaojun and all the big names train). Even there you'll see 96kg class guys clean and jerking 200kg in training on a typical friday. to condense a sorta long story, but one of my foreigner homeboys who lives in Chengdu (where I am moving) was visiting his wife's village. There they encountered an up and coming semi-pro female lifter, forgot which weight class but she was literally 4'11. He's a 6'4 Belgian guy and had been trying to learn oly lifting for 2 years at that point and jumped at the opportunity to come to their training hall near the village. He was able to go and train there and get free coaching from this little 4'11 20 something farmer peasant girl haha. So it's less closed than you'd think. I'm sure if somebody was an intermediate level recreational oly lifter and wanted to go to one of these official facilities they'd be happy to have you, and probably wouldn't even charge a nominal fee either. Weightlifters all come from village poor populations and they'd likely be pretty amazed by a comparatively wealthy big city chinese recreational lifter. There's only two recreational clubs I know of that aren't crossfit associated; one in Shanghai that I visited and one in Guangzhou run by a former pro. both have female head coaches/mostly female clientele.
That's awesome. Did that girl talk about her cycle (or any of the lifters you/your friend saw)?

Also, do you eat any Chinese food in your diet? Sichuan and Guangzhou food is awesome :)

That's awesome. Did that girl talk about her cycle (or any of the lifters you/your friend saw)?

Also, do you eat any Chinese food in your diet? Sichuan and Guangzhou food is awesome :)
No, but i did ask a retired 63kg pro female who has a popular kuaishou and douyin. Their cycles are basically always test prop, test suspension, and whatever combination of winstrol, anavar, and dbol they prefer. Zach Telander has a video on some cycles that lifters and coaches from various eras have revealed, I will post it here. Clarence Kennedy tacitly admitted to just using test and tren, but he doesnt compete. Oly guys dont need or benefit from large pling or bbing cycles and are more heavily reliant on orals. Its hard to lose appetite doing oly training several hours a day and even if you do, since most of them have all the LBM they will ever need on the first 5-7 years of training, losing appetite is whatever for them.

yes, even during the prep for the canceled show I was eating Chinese food 4-6 days a week usually twice a day. 辣子鸡丁 from a restaurant right next to my old workplace. I ask for an additional order of meat and don't give me any rice and it comes out to around 9oz of chicken breast + some vegetables. This is what I would eat as one of my main protein meals, often without added fat, while I was coming down. Diet soda in the background too. Finding a restaurant that will give you this much meat and doesn't taste terrible is like finding a needle in a haystack in this province. Jiangsu province food is basically normal chiense food but with 75% of the meat removed and a ton of sugar or honey added. they have some decent tasting seafood dishes but nothing about this province's food is bodybuilding friendly.

I should hopefully have better luck with Sichuan. Being able to eat my food fresh every time and not needing to meal prep just makes cutting sooooooo much easier. I'm completely unsure how hard I'll be comitting to the next cut. If I end up with comparatively lower work stress/load and don't need to prep every single meal, I might end up cutting pretty aggressively. If I have a lot of difficulty adjusting to the new job or some power tripping foreign boss (Chinese bosses are basically always reasonable human beings, can't say that about foreign ones) who is making me do a bunch of extra shit for no extra pay, then maybe I do not try to get super shredded. We'll find out soon about food availability around my workplace! I plan on letting lose significantly during my 10 day stay in chengdu; hope I don't gain too much bodyfat.

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20210624091400.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210624091400.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 5

From the video, Valentin Hristov's pre olympics cycle was 3 ccs of deca (??? on mgs, maybe 300-600 since it's pharmacy grade), and 128mg PER DAY on average dbol. 180 5mg dbol tablets throughout the week. I think an oly lifter would get on just fine with nothing but test+dbol in the modern era since testing is too good to use deca anymore. Maybe some insulin for heavier guys who need more glycogen/food. Powerful short-ish acting orals are the main key in oly cycles, not gh, not tren/deca/test/eq/etc, not vast quantities of food. Brutal training with painstaking attention to tiny technique details nobody else will notice and a buncha dbol and time.

Had great trainings for chest yesterday and back today. I'm going to get on a plane in 6 hours to fly off to set up my new work permit/visa. I'll still train but you know I'm going to fucking jack off on the first of two leg days because I'll be walking around a lot in the days following. Second one I'll go hard.

Chest
db incline press: 40kgx14, 32kgx15, 24kgx12
flat db rpess: 24kgx15, 8
Cable flies b/c machine fly was taken: 2 sets

Back
Barbell rows: 95kgx15+2, 80kgx13+2, 80kgx8+2 (+ are reps with momentum, the rest are perfectly strict)
Pullups with straps: bwx8,6,6
Pulldowns: 80x20, 65x15, 12
Machine rows: 3 sets

Tomorrow I'll hit some 100kg hbbs beltless and some accessories. I'm planning on it being like a 6/10.

wrote a long post updating my training and I guess it didn't submit. oops. I've been back for a few days. I'll try to remember the lifts...

Legs
hbbsx100x3
single leg squats: bwx10x3
hamstrings curls: 3 sets

Shoulders:
DB ohp: 35kgx16, 2 more sets forgot
various shoulder raises

Skipped arms that week

Chest:
incline db: 40kgx13, 2 more sets last workout in chengdu gym and incline was much higher than I'm used to
flat db: 25kgx24, 12
machine press 2 sets
cable xovers: 2 sets

Back (first workout back in my "hometown" gym)
Rows: 95kgx14+4, 80kgx12+3
Strapped pullups: bwx9,6,7
Pulldowns and row machine 3 set each

Legs:
single leg atg squat: up to 18kgx8, then a few more sets with 8-10kg dbs
Smith squats: buncha 10s practicing b/c first time I ever did this lift.
Paused SLDL: 110kgx12, 8
Hamstring curls: 3 sets fail

Arms:
Hammer curls: 18kgx20, 2 more sets
Pushdowns: 3 sets
Seated db curls SS db skullcrushers: 8kgx20,12,9
Rope hammer curls: 3 sets
Pushdowns: 3 sets

And two rest days after that arm workout leads us to today.

Chest
Incline db: 40kgx16, 32kgx18, 9
flat db: 32kgx9
Machine flies: 3 sets

I was super happy and pumped to have beaten that db incline 40kgx14 mini plateau.

Loving deca a lot. I did not use deca or tren my last offseason b/c I had no source for caber. EQ/primo/etc not for me. DHB was alright but pip was too crippling. Deca's great and I feel like I get way more out of it Mg per mg than test.

Back
Barbell rows: 95kgx17+5, 80kgx19+3
strapped pullups: bwx10, 8, 6
Unilateral resting on a bench pulldown things: ???x3 sets fail
Row machine: 100x13,10,8

I took 100mg test suspension pre workout. I think it worked pretty good guys! maybe a bit too well. I don't think this is something I should use regularly. Although it was a huge acute performance boost, I felt irritable for at least 12 hours afterword. Never had anything like that even on tren or certainly on any oil based long acting test. My HR went way up and it almost felt like ephedrine but I could still sleep and didn't start peeing all the time.

Decided I will deload and count legs as day 1. Feeling run down with soreness in problem areas like pec minor/proximal bicep and quad tendon. Mentally I'm REALLY not there but that's probably a combination of cns fatigue and just me processing the big life change coming up and being unable to really focus heavily on training when other things are occupying too much of my thoughts. I mean technically it's not a huge change as I'm staying in the same country and still have the same language skills I've been developing for the past 6 years, but Suzhou has been the place I've lived the most years of my adult life with the next most being undergrad 4 years. If I ever pull the trigger on moving to Thailand I'm sure I'll be having frequent existential crises in the months leading up to the move! For that reason alone, barring any severe geopolitical tensions, there's a high probability I end up a "lifer" and just retiring and dying here in China.

Legs (deload)
Single leg not atg squats: 12kg dbsx10x2
Paused SLDL: 115kgx12, 8
Hamstring curls: 3 sets failure

My knee is messed up again. I suspect it was from all the bicycling I did while in Chengdu and its just now catching up to me. Same shit as before; quad tendon on the right side only. Left felt fine. Experimenting with the squat U quad tendonitis rehab protocol of touchdown squats and working on quad stiffness and I will also be doing about 30 minutes every day of bw glute isolation exercises. Will keep some single leg stuff in but only 1 quad exercise per session and hopefully I can build back up to real boy squats eventually. Also going to change my lifting shoes; I use $50 oly shoes for 3 years and probably need a higher quality pair. And finally I am going to include knee sleeves henceforth as well

Shoulders (Deload)
DB ohp: up to 30kgx10x2
shoulder kb combo side/rear/front raises: 6kgx4 rounds
Machine shoulder press: 2 sets
Cabel side raise: 2 sets
boooorrrinnnggg session. did a buncha knee rehabs and glute strengthening exercises which was infinitely more exciting than shoulder deload. Don't really need to deload arms since its not taxing to any of the problem areas and has almost no cns impact.

I'm still alive. Not going to log my delaod workouots but did my final leg deload yesterday and today hitting shoulders. I was feeling really dead and exhausted during deload sleeping like 11 hours a day. I feel like I finally came back to life a bit these past two days.

Inspired by the Luki thread I think I'm going to start another cut in august. I'm already feeling gastric distress/emptying my bowels way too many times per day/appetite getting lower. BW hovering around 97-98kg AM fasted up from 91-92 end of cut. Had some good gains during this recovery/rebound and as the prs start slowing down I think I'll start back in with lowering cals and upping steps. I don't know when to start exactly, moving wednesday, will get settled, and evalutate from there. Possibly just first of august. I always seem to make my best strength and appearance gains at the beginning of a cut or as I'm rebounding from a cut, so I guess the Luki theory is that you want to maximize your time in those two phases as health permits. I think cutting more than 1x/year is especially good for those of us with generally poor digestive health. Slamming cals constantly for months on end... yeah no fucking thank you.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131