over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Log: Bodybuilder in China

db ohp: 35kgx14 down 2 reps, 2 more sets forgot. Different gym with different equipment and was goofing off a bit training with my powerlifter client at a new gym that just opened next to her house. Still this is very troubling having just come out of a deload.
db shoulder rear, medial, front raise superset with 5kg dbs for 4 rounds.

Short.

Moved. in my new gym now.

incline db press: 40kgx16, 32.5kgx20, 14
flat db press: 32.5kgx14, 9
machine incline: 2 sets
machine flies: 2 sets

gym has dbs all the way to 55kg in nice even 2.5kg increments. tempted to move up in weight and do rep range of like 10-15 instead of 12-20... starting dbol in 6 days. 40mg pre workout. starting mk677 and humulin R once mk and slin pins arrive in the mail. Should two 10iu shots of R put my blood sugars in range from mk677 at 25mg daily? guess we will find out. i do a lot more walking/biking cardio getting around my new city and that will help with blood sugar and insulin resistance i imagine.

I'm redoing my split to train 4 days. The shoulder and arm days are too short to justify having their own days. Also I will be deadlifting with the local powerlifting crew for the next 5 weeks on Wednesday nights, so I will move legs to wednesdays. Legs will be conventional deadlift, then box squats, unilateral squats, hamstring curls, and then a buncha knee rehabs+glute exercises. 5 weeks of knee rehabbing and box squats and I should be able to return to regular atg hbbs.

Tuesday
Arms+shoulders same exercises sets/reps as before

Wednesday
Legs: DL, box squat, single leg db squat, hamstring curl, knee rehab (gonna be a long one...)

Thursday+Friday off

Saturday
Chest same exercises as before, throw in some triceps

Sunday
Back same exercises as before.

Monday off

Delts+Arms
db ohp: 35kgx17, 27.5kgx17,13 +2 reps from last week, nice.
EZ curls: 25kgx30, 2 more sets
Pushdowns: 3 sets
db seated curls SS with db skullcrushers: 7.5kgx3 sets failure
cable curls: 3 sets
Single arm rope pushdowns: 3 sets
cable side raises: 3 sets
db shoulder combo: 3 sets

Partial pistol squats+backward walking incline on treadmill as knee rehabs.

lotta exercises for a day but not hard

Legs
Deadlift: up to a cool 180kgx2. Didn't push at all since first time doing the lift in 1.5 years. Next leg day I'm gonna dl hard with the powerlifting crew. I'll try to hit max reps with 200kg. Might get as few as 3 and as many as 8, no idea.
just barely below parallel box squats: 100kgx5x3
single leg front foot elevated atg squat: 10kg dbsx10x3
hamstring curls: 3 sets to failure

Chest
Incline db: 40kgx16, 35kgx17, 10 stop set stuck at 40kgx16 even though backoff sets making progress
machine flies: 3 sets failure
machine incline press: 3 sets failure
cable press flies: 3 sets failure

Back
Barbell rows: 102.5kgx12 wasn't feeling it today, didn't do backoff set. Activity level was very high biking/walking around and I think I couldn't recover
Pullups: bwx13, 9 strapped, x5 not strapped
Pulldowns: 3 sets failure
Machine rows: 3 sets failure

Tomorrow arms+delts hoping I can add a rep on any of my ohp sets and I'll be pretty happy. Having a tough time getting progress on my pressing movements lately. Thinking of switching up movements/angles if I keep stalling out.

Delts+arms
DB ohp: 35kgx12, 30kgx7
hammer curls: 17.5kgx22, 2 more sets to failure with 12.5kg
straight pushdowns: 24kgx21, 2 more sets failure
ez curls: 15kgx30, 2 more sets failure
db curl ss db skullcrushers: 7.5kgx3 sets failure short rests
single arm pushdowns on a bench: 3 sets failure
cable side delt raises: 3 sets failure
db rear delts: 5kgx3 sets failure

Pressing strength was gone yesterday. My digestion has been horrible which I think is certainly from the dbol, but possibly also because of new foods. dropped the dbol instantly after 4 non consecutive days of dosing. I guess I will be an "orals once a year for 4-6 weeks" guy from now on. Oh well...

I think another contributing factor to abruptly losing 5 reps is simply that moderate incline db press and db ohp are fairly similar movements and I can't recover in 2-3 days. I need to move to either slight incline/flat db press if it feels okay for my shoulder or just do a machine shoulder press instead of a free weight one if I want to keep the 45 degree incline press in.

Hams+quads

Deadlift: up to 210kgx1, 200x7, 180x5 got it on film. Feels so much better pulling with a real deadlift bar. I'm keeping eccentrics extremely slow and controlled as you'll see when I get around to posting video

Low box squat: up to 100kgx5x3 I'll work this up to 10x3 over the course of the next few weeks/months
Single leg atg squat: 10kg dbx10x3 each side finally got this feeling just right
Hamstring curls: 3 sets failure

It feels like a damn solid leg day. Is there any reason I absolutely must do atg olympic squats like I used to? I suppose not... now that my mobility is better and I can do the single leg atg squat with just a bit of front foot elevation I feel like that's a good big quad builder along with box squats for glutes+outer sweep. Deadlifts cover my 'big lift' of the day that's going to tax lower back and core in a really similar way to high bar back squat. I'll see how it goes. I'd like to crush a 272.5kg/600lb deadlift weighing sub 110kg. that'd be a cool strength milestone to hit before the next big prep.

I won't do an 8 week cut until either November or December.

Had a bad training today. Part just tired, part new main lift becuase I kept stalling out on incline db:

Flat db: 45kgx15, 37.5kgx13, 10
incline bb: 60kgx16, 10
Machine flies: 50x12x3
Incline machine: 3 sets fail

Afterword went to the pool and played around for my friends bday party. Had some great pizza after that. I've been struggling with eating because of messing myself up with the dbol, so it felt good to actually be hungry and eat some tasty food. Still I'm somewhat eager to begin another cut. I'd originally scheduled december but maybe I can push that back for november.

Had a much better training today. Good pump and good performance.

Back
Pullups: bwx 16 forgot, 9, 6, 4, 5
Rows: 70kgx10, 80kgx8, 70kgx8 shorter rests but still failure.
pulldowns: 3 sets
Cable rows: 3 sets

partial pistols from elevated height: 3x10 each side (knee rehab)

I'm 98.8kg on the scale in the gym today. I've been pushing the rows hard and pullups soft and did actually manage to get weaker on unstrapped pullups from doing strapped. My forearms aren't hurting anymore from pullups without straps and I'd be happy to get back up to 20 bw pullups around 100kg bw again. I'm not going to push rows as hard, just spend 10-12 minutes doing a few sets of 8-12 and take 2 to failure. I can't push both rows and deadlifts hard the same week, too much lower back loading and I'm going to be focused on DL for the next few weeks/months.

shoulders+arms

Barbell seated ohp: 70kgx7, 50kgx15, 12

Superset: V pushdowns with ez curls: 5 sets failure
Superset: db skullcrushers and db hammer curls: 7.5kgx4 sets failure
Cable side delts: 4 sets
Rear delt flies: 4 sets

Idk how i feel about barbell ohp. I've literally never trained this lift regularly; I did lots of standing bb ohp when i was oly lifting but the lift is quite different. It kind hurts my left shoulder, but the range of motion is so much larger than dumbbell ohp. It's hard to kick the dumbbells up for db because the bench is so low to the ground though. I'll try barbell for the time being. Also going to do more supersets/pump for arms and less heavy weights/long rests.

Deadlifts with the crew tomorrow. Pretty excited. 215x1, 205xamrap, 180x6-7 but leave a lot in the tank on the 180kg set.

Legs

Deadlift: 215kgx1, 205kgx8 (+5kg, +1 rep), 180kgx6 (+1 rep) https://www.instagram.com/p/CSbwoqDHvR0/ last rep on the 205kg top set was a grinder, as you can see. Had to fight for it.
Box squat: up to 100kgx6x3
Superset: Single leg atg squat with bodyweightx12 each side// selectorized leg press sets of 20 4 rounds
Hamstring curls: 3 sets failure

Completely exhausting. We'll hit it hard again next week, then the week after that deload, then the week after that I will attempt an 1rm. After that I may go back to a more conventional leg day and put the DLs on back day instead. Or drop out the DLs again and go back to rowing. IDK... plenty of time to decide.

Really pleased with today's training. eVerything was just moving the way it was supposed to. After watching the Dr. Dean St. Mart talk recommended in the Luki thread I messed around with some ketotifen even though I'm not on clen. BOOM, nasal congestion gone and appetite suddenly back. MK677, insulin, 16-18 hour fasts, and ungodly amounts of cardio cycling around the city weren't doing shit, but as soon as I added a fucking quarter of a tab of a powerful antihistimine, that did the trick right away. I'm usually on 20mg 2x/wk nexium, but maybe I should be addressing it through the histimine pathway and use a combination of periactin and zantac instead. I had no idea appetite, stomach acid, and histamine were so intimately related.

Chest
Flat db press: 45kgx16, 37.5kgx14, 12 Way more control on top set and +1 rep. Super happy with that.
Incline bb press: 62.5kgx17, 11
Machine incinline: 3 sets failure
Machine flies: 6 sets of 10-12 with 30 seconds rest not to failure

Whole buncha partial pistols for knee rehab, forearm training for elbow prehab, and walking backwards on treadmill for 25 minutes for knee health.

Another really good training today.

Back
Pullups/Chinups: bwx18, 12, 8, 5, 6 switched grips between sets starting with pullups
Rows: 60kgx10, 70kgx10, 80kgx12, 70kgx12
Pulldowns: 110x10, 130x8, 130x7
Jerking around whatever doing some fancy upper back exercises suggested by the powerlifting crew.

99.8kg on gym scale doing 18 pullups is great! I'd like to be able to do 20 bw pullups weighing right around 100kgs. Along with a 50inch box jump (hit 48 ez a few months back) is certainly a lot more athleticism than most people.

Food has been ridiculously high the last few days from antihistamine use boosting appetite. I think I'll be pulling back on the food shortly and maybe kinda "maintain and just eat when hungry" for a few weeks.

How are things in China with the new coronavirus variant?
We had a lot of scares initially from the nanjing sourced outbreak. Nothing was totally shut down here, but mask mandates back and gotta show QR health code to get into most places. My city had 3 cases; 1 was a child who was not eligible to be vaccinated and the other two were vaccinated adults. We're back down to 0 as is Shanghai and most other places. Seems we mostly contained the most recent scare, but obviously on high alert still and restrictions are still in place despite having 0 cases. I'm just thanking god for no online classes, which are a bitch to teach and way harder than doing in person class.

I haven't been out of the country since Feb 2020 now so it's coming up on 18 months. I do not have a particularly close relationship with my family in the US so no love lost there. I do miss being able to go to Thailand or other parts of Asia as I have a whopping 14 weeks off every year which usually makes for excellent opportunities to travel and see more of the world. It's a small thing to sacrifice compared to people who have big families they actually like and are unable to see them. The family member I love the most lives with me here in China but in a different city so no problems really.

I'm now on day 3 of periactin... oh my god this is life changing medicine. I've had a congested nose ever since I got that bacterial infection that was just ever so slowly improving but never going fully away. Day 2 of periactin... nose already back to normal and able to nasally breath laying down on my back at night np where I was unable to for weeks. My stomach was so fucked from elevated histamine that I forgot what normal is even supposed to feel like. Appetite is way up as a result and I haven't needed any antacid medicines. Periactin is used as a medicine for pediatric gastiritis... seems to be working for adult elevated androgen induced gastritis as well! Feeling so much better being on this stuff. Mosquito bites that used to just shred me up also barely feel like anything anymore, it's great.

I'm going to test out take orals on periactin. If my hypothesis is correct, they won't kill my appetite because the source of the appetite suppression is high histamine levels and not liver toxicity.

Training going super well, which is unsurprising considering I'm actually able to eat like a normal human being again.

Arms+Delts

DB shoulder press: 37.5kgx14, 30kgx18, 11 35s were occupied and I went up. Was rewarded with a solid PR.

Superset 1
EZ curls//V bar pushdowns 5 sets of 12/15, last 2 sets failure

Superset 2
seated db curls//db skullcrushers: 10kgx12/12, 7.5kgx4 more sets around 10-18 reps

Superset 3
Mini bar curls//rope pushdowns: 15kgx5 sets failure//10kgx5 sets failure reps around 8-20

Cable side raises: 5 sets failure

Rear delt raises: 5kgx3 sets failure

buncha forearms
Partial pistols knee rehab

walk backwards on treadmill for 13 minutes

Really pleased with today's training. eVerything was just moving the way it was supposed to. After watching the Dr. Dean St. Mart talk recommended in the Luki thread I messed around with some ketotifen even though I'm not on clen. BOOM, nasal congestion gone and appetite suddenly back. MK677, insulin, 16-18 hour fasts, and ungodly amounts of cardio cycling around the city weren't doing shit, but as soon as I added a fucking quarter of a tab of a powerful antihistimine, that did the trick right away. I'm usually on 20mg 2x/wk nexium, but maybe I should be addressing it through the histimine pathway and use a combination of periactin and zantac instead. I had no idea appetite, stomach acid, and histamine were so intimately related.

Chest
Flat db press: 45kgx16, 37.5kgx14, 12 Way more control on top set and +1 rep. Super happy with that.
Incline bb press: 62.5kgx17, 11
Machine incinline: 3 sets failure
Machine flies: 6 sets of 10-12 with 30 seconds rest not to failure

Whole buncha partial pistols for knee rehab, forearm training for elbow prehab, and walking backwards on treadmill for 25 minutes for knee health.
Cool man. I’m going to look into this too. As long as I can remember while using gear I’ve had a really fucking annoying stuffy nose and my appetite comes and goes. Thanks for the tip brother.

Cool man. I’m going to look into this too. As long as I can remember while using gear I’ve had a really fucking annoying stuffy nose and my appetite comes and goes. Thanks for the tip brother.
Periactin was literally $1 for 100 tabs 2mg each delivered to my house in 30 minutes. China has its ups and downs, but for somebody with some googling shit skills who knows his body can massively save headache and cost on self-healthcare. Worked much better than ketotifen which has sides that are just so harsh.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws