over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Misshaps...

Many, many years ago, I was lifting at Gold's Gym in Venice Beach & Tom Platz was there on leg day. The bars there had center knurling & Tom had opened up the skin in the center of his back. He kept on squatting. I'm talking ass-to-grass. Eventually he rolled up a hand towel on the bar so he could do a set with 6 plates & a dime on each side for 10 reps. You do what you gotta do - the results speak for themselves.

Mind boggling and pure hardcore!!! :eek:

Guys that are using the puss pad are not putting the bar in the right place. If high bar hurts try low bar if low bar hurts try high bar. If both hurt you're not putting the bar in the right place.

Mind boggling and pure hardcore!!! :eek:

i have actually formed some type of callous
on the lower part of my neck from the bar
and sometimes have to do hacks, because
its gets sore at times.......

:eek:

when i first started squating i didnt know better so i used the pad then one of the jacked big dudes in the gym said only pussies use the pad hahah and to this day i still remember that time. and i havent touched it again. For anyone that has pain it sounds like you deff dont have the bar in the right place or you realy need to build up your traps..

Guys that are using the puss pad are not putting the bar in the right place. If high bar hurts try low bar if low bar hurts try high bar. If both hurt you're not putting the bar in the right place.

There are just too many things wrong with that statement to even respond to this post......

It doesn't matter where I put the bar. It hurts.

Puss pad...That's so asinine. What difference does it make if you put a damn pad on the bar. This is resistance training we're doing here, not steel bar fucking up my skin training. I'll be a little less hardcore and go ahead and take a big pass on painful neck calluses. You're clearly hardcore enough for the both of us.

when i first started squating i didnt know better so i used the pad then one of the jacked big dudes in the gym said only pussies use the pad hahah and to this day i still remember that time. and i havent touched it again. For anyone that has pain it sounds like you deff dont have the bar in the right place or you realy need to build up your traps..

I have a similar exuse for calling the pad that "P word".... I started lifting in a Detroit HARD CORE gym in my teens. I had the owner and a couple ofother big fuckers take me under their wing and teach me how to squat. Damn that bar hurt! But if I used "the pad" they would literally grab a couple spare pads and pound the shit out me with them! I learned to stop using it real quick! BTW, Cachexic... I blame my calling it the puss pad in my post on my old school neandrothal teachings bro. No offense meant..... I have just never called it anything else. We all have different comfort zones and things that work for us, different strokes for different folks. Peace

Thank you for being so polite, but I assure you I'm not offended. I'm actually grinning right now like an idiot. I just had no idea using this pad was looked at this way. I can't believe there's people out there who actually think someone is a pussy for not wanting a bar loaded with several hundreds pounds sitting on their bare skin.

Tenny says he has calluses that get so sore sometimes he can't even perform free squats....SO USE THE DAMN PAD! Rofl!!! Then you can do the free squats again! You guys crack me up.

Last edited:
But if I used "the pad" they would literally grab a couple spare pads and pound the shit out me with them!

LOL

Cachexic if you like using a pad try using the manta ray

**broken link removed**

LOL

**broken link removed**

Yeah, the first gym I went to before Gold's was a health club/wellness center type deal and they had a Manta Ray. Was actually pretty amazing if I may say so myself.

When I first started out I would use the pad but gradually worked away from that. Later on once I got used to not using it, if I would put it back on the bar I felt like the bar wasnt as balanced on me and it felt like I had less control over what it might do. When you dont use the pad, the bar sinks in real nice at the bottom of your traps. Once you get away from putting the bar high and get it back to where it should be you also gain a lot of strength in the movement and better balance. You need to get it back towards the center of your body when you reach the lower portion of the squat. Having a pad on there made the bar feel like it wanted to roll off me.

LOL

**broken link removed**

Looks like a highbar placement to me. Not my favorite way to do it.

i have actually formed some type of callous
on the lower part of my neck from the bar
and sometimes have to do hacks, because
its gets sore at times.......

:eek:

No shit, hurts like freaking hell. I never do heavy squats because of that or I will end up like Notre Dame!

You see, the real problem as I see it is the pad on the bar:rolleyes:

What's with the spotter's, one yanking on the bar the other just looking at it.

exactly.......nothing worse than a bad spotter in the gym!!!

It doesn't matter where I put the bar. It hurts.

Puss pad...That's so asinine. What difference does it make if you put a damn pad on the bar. This is resistance training we're doing here, not steel bar fucking up my skin training. I'll be a little less hardcore and go ahead and take a big pass on painful neck calluses. You're clearly hardcore enough for the both of us.
Bro I use the bitch-pad too. I don't give a fuck who cares though. I squatted 455 for 5 @ 195lbs with it. If I didn't have it on the bar, there is no way I would have squatted that much..... guess im not "hardcore" enough, lol

Bro I use the bitch-pad too. I don't give a fuck who cares though. I squatted 455 for 5 @ 195lbs with it. If I didn't have it on the bar, there is no way I would have squatted that much..... guess im not "hardcore" enough, lol

People get torn apart in the gym at me school for using the pads..funny thing though is all the bigger dudes are the ones using them. Lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131