over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training on empty stomach.

sinfulimages

Registered
I train first thing in the morning. I literally wake up and within the hour I am training. My question is this. I know a lot of people say they do cardio first thing on an empty stomach. Even more so when doing gh. If someone was doing gh and trained on an empty stomach first thing in the morning would it set their body into a catabolic state? Would having a protein shake half way through the work out combat this?

Just a hypothetical question. ;)

Im not really familiar with GH however given the question i will say that i generally have a lot more trouble training earlier without food in me rather than later and with food inside me.

A lot of cardio is done pre breakfast to try and utilize the delivery of ATP and burn calories from fat stores rather than CHO stores in the body.

Drinking a protein shake immeidately before hand if it is a quick digestable protein or BCAA would be better than nothing. However once into the workout your body will do "blood shunting" to your target muscles, and your stomach will basicly not be digesting anything until you finish your workout.

I have always found myself stronger, more controlled and mentally more alert with at least one meal prior to training.

I train first thing in the morning. I literally wake up and within the hour I am training. My question is this. I know a lot of people say they do cardio first thing on an empty stomach. Even more so when doing gh. If someone was doing gh and trained on an empty stomach first thing in the morning would it set their body into a catabolic state? Would having a protein shake half way through the work out combat this?

Just a hypothetical question. ;)

i would sugguest eat a real balanced meal or yea a shake with some oats..

training in a empty stomach isnt a good idea its one of the worst ways i could think of training.

SB

I know that it sucks to do. I was eating detour oatmeal bars for breakfast. I mean I would get out of bed. Piss. Wash hands. Grab bar. This was my morning. I want to drop some body fat. The only time in the day I have to train is in the morning. So I was hoping to get some extra fat off by removing my morning meal and eating after I train or having a shake during... Just a thought though.

when i fasted train(basically every time i train) i sip a bcaa mix, currently enjoying Purple Wrath alot, it's pricey but it's a solid high quality mix. Other options are LG's BC+EAA, Xtend, etc...

I know that it sucks to do. I was eating detour oatmeal bars for breakfast. I mean I would get out of bed. Piss. Wash hands. Grab bar. This was my morning. I want to drop some body fat. The only time in the day I have to train is in the morning. So I was hoping to get some extra fat off by removing my morning meal and eating after I train or having a shake during... Just a thought though.

have some whey and oatmeal. you could even put the oats in the shake if you dont have much time and drink down all in one shot..

SB

I train first thing in the am as well. The best I've found for me is a protein(combo of whey iso and casien) shake mixed with my bcaa's and creatine and egg whites. For carbs, I blend a cup of frozen blueberries with my shake or have a med apple. The apple helps a lot with waking me up so I usally stick with that...

It's not optimal, but in the long run it wont break your progress. I've trained fasted quite a bit throughout my tenure.
YOu might pick up a good BCAA and waxy or swedish oat mixture. Fruit would be quick and easy, as well. Sometimes, though, I like training empty if I do it first thing.

preworkout shake of whey and some fast carbs (gatorade, maltodextrin, waxy, etc) and then a during workout shake if you like/need. You could also make the last meal of the previous day a carb meal to refill glycogen stores (assuming that you are depleted).

I train cardio empty and weights empty..I hear alot of opinions but I eat at 1pm and train at 6pm to train heavy ..i only eat when im hungary and I am putting alot of mass on and dropping fat..im over the whole "you have eat all day" im callin bs on that..when my gut says "YO time for food" I eat ..I m really starting to think this sport is made alot harder than it really is..rest ..train smart and eat..repeat

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws