over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training partner or go solo

iam2big4me

Newbies
I go to two different gyms one is more hardcore powerlifters/bodybuilders and the other is 24hr fitness.There is a big diffrence in alot of stuff especially people training or even talking to each other.

Anyway, I have a couple partners I train with at the more hardcore gym and noticed that atleast 50 percent or more have a partner. But, when I am at 24 hr fitness it is maybe 1 in 20 have a training partner at location I go to. I really go there for the eye candy more than training doing mostly cardio.

I prefer a good training partner and from time to time I train with a few females too. There some women who can hold there own for sure on a high level.

I have seen a few of the more professional guys train with other certain individuals based on training methods for different bodyparts which I think is a good idea.

I believe you can go further with a good training partner than solo. What do you prefer solo or with somebody.

could never train with a partner. no matter how hard core and all about business you are, having a partner will lead to some socializing. not necessarily a problem for growth, but if your on a tight schedule and want to get In and out, the social aspect of the gym is the enemy.

on top of that, you have to synronchiz your schedule, wait for them to get there, plan to be at the gym at a certain time, etc. this being single vs married. you train solo you can go to the gym at 3pm, but if your a little tired just take a nap and hit it at 8pm. don't need to answer to anyone

I prefer alone. I've had one good partner who wouldn't talk, jump into the next set right after I was done and maintained intensity. For the most part, Every time I train with someone else, it just interferes. With training partners, you have one rare partner that works and anyone else seems to not.

I prefer alone. I've had one good partner who wouldn't talk, jump into the next set right after I was done and maintained intensity. For the most part, Every time I train with someone else, it just interferes. With training partners, you have one rare partner that works and anyone else seems to not.

You are right not everyone is going to find a training partner like this: lol:

Sometimes I miss some help, but without a doubt, I prefer autonomy and independence.

It’s hard to find a good training partner nowadays that isn’t texting in between every set, wants to film every set, or talk gossip between every set.

ever see Dorian training in blood and guts with the other guy yelling at him? That’s a good training partner!

Alone, definitely. I've done both...with female and male partners. It just doesn't work for me long term. I'm ok hitting a few sets with someone here and there...or even just a pump day, but generally, no.

I like having a training partner , it helps me stay focused of what either they or I'm doing otherwise I start watching what everyone is doing and wondering "WTF are they doing" , I have a bit of ADD.
I wish I could put headphones in , pull up a hoodie and just ignore everything.

My training part is a female as well , we have been training a few years now and I've helped her compete in a few shows. She like my annoying little sister. Everyone in the gym calls us the oddcouple cause she's super sweet , I'm a dick , she 4'11" , 120lbs , I'm 6'3" , 260 but she trains balls to the wall as hard as any guys ive ever worked with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-075729~2.png
    Screenshot_20211016-075729~2.png
    809 KB · Views: 47
I go to two different gyms one is more hardcore powerlifters/bodybuilders and the other is 24hr fitness.There is a big diffrence in alot of stuff especially people training or even talking to each other.

Anyway, I have a couple partners I train with at the more hardcore gym and noticed that atleast 50 percent or more have a partner. But, when I am at 24 hr fitness it is maybe 1 in 20 have a training partner at location I go to. I really go there for the eye candy more than training doing mostly cardio.

I prefer a good training partner and from time to time I train with a few females too. There some women who can hold there own for sure on a high level.

I have seen a few of the more professional guys train with other certain individuals based on training methods for different bodyparts which I think is a good idea.

I believe you can go further with a good training partner than solo. What do you prefer solo or with somebody.
I definitely prefer a training partner I believe that it pushes you all farther and you have a spotter so you can do heavier movements if wanting to train with heavier weight. I have spotters on my bench but its not the same as someone giving you a tap to push out that Last rep.

BIGMURPH
[email protected]
WorldofRoids.to

When I was 24-27 I had an awesome training partner. He was 40 at the time. @MR. BMJ probably remembers the old training videos by the tractor and Lincoln welder I’d put up.

We both did the 2 way DC. We were pretty damn close to the same strength, so we wouldn’t even change weights that often. We would both ramp up to say 315 on bench and give tthe Rest-pause set hell. Then we both would walk to the porch and eat dinner. Every other night. It was awesome.

THAT was a huge factor in growing. I then later tried that with friends, and they were late, or didn’t want to squat, or fucked off, or just wanted to do some retarded workout…like a 15 set shoulder day.

I do train with my lady about once a week, it’s a little more tricky to pick exercises, obviously I don’t want to be swapping out 185lb rack pulls for 405lb rack pulls each set. But dumbbells, pin select machines, or shit like me front squatting her back squat weights….it’s enjoyable

Since i started training in the early 70's, i have had a training partner al told maybe 4 months of that time. Finding some one on the same level, schedule and on time etc. is rare. And i can focus better on myself when i am by myself.

Wow. That guy is annoying as fuck. He'd make me not want to train.

Plus the kid is going to hurt himself training like that.
He should have got more attention as a child, so he doesn't need to scream out for it now.
The kids shoulders will be shot in less then 10 years.

Wow. That guy is annoying as fuck. He'd make me not want to train.

Plus the kid is going to hurt himself training like that.

I understand that everyone has there own style. What happened to no pain no gain? Live and Learn? lol. Yeah more experienced BB or trainers should be more careful and watchful of certain things that can be harmful.

Chest and shoulders with a partner... I can push bigger weights and get a spot.

Back and legs I prefer to be alone.

If I could find someone that has a similar schedule, similar mindset, similar intensity and was a willing partner then I’d partner up with someone

until then I train alone

Train alone

If I need a spot I ask for one nicely from someone who looks like they know what they're doing. Training partners can double the time you are in the gym and you have to be aware of what they're training tolerances are like. Your training partner may be ready to go right after your set is finished or vice verse, want to put weight on or off, etc. Throw wives, kids, jobs, traffic, and a potentially packed gym where you are both waiting around for equipment and you can start to see fast that it may not work.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear