over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Partner ?

I train alone :( haha, I prefer it.

i prefer to train alone. i stay more focused and train at my own pace. never had a problem getting someone to spot if i need it and i'll return the favor to anyone that needs it.

This is my situation as well.

There is a good group of bbers at my gym and we have somewhat synchronized our training schedules over the years, so there is always a dependable spotter or "motivator" around if needed.

Once every 2-3 months, I'll hook up with someone for a workout just for $&!ts & giggles, but always go back to flying solo.

how important is a training partner to you? i personally have never had one, but im thinking that if i had a good one i could get some quicker gains. your thought on this one guys/gals

I have the best training partner on the planet and I can't tell you how much he has helped. The guy is a warrior who is early to every session and is ready to go to war with the logbook daily. We push each other to the brink of snapping daily. I can honestly say without a great partner I wouldn't be where I am today.

Thanks Mute

Previously, I trained alone mostly because I traveled a lot for work and didn't feel was fair to leave someone hanging when I was not around. I must say though, I actually prefer a training partner for all the reasons most of the others have mentioned. Right now, I train in two different cities and have a couple peeps who have a flexible schedule as I do and we try to meet up more often than not.

yeah, im thinking a good partner would be a big help when it comes to banging out those last few reps in a squat or bench. i hate asking all the average joes to help me out, bc 1 they dont want to, 2 they dont know what there doing. ugh.

I cant:( I travel 4 or 5 days a week so im in a different gym all the time. Thank God for ipods!!!!

Training partners are great and Ive had a couple in the past. I really think you minimze your potential sometimes training alone. I think its important to have the same goals and same philosophy on training as well. Its weird for me at this point in time because I have to say I'd rather be training alone. I have to be in the gym at odd times and it makes it almost impossible for anyone to follow the same type of schedule.

I have trained with Ironwill for the last year and he has been nothing but an inspiration, taught me alot and has been nothing but a great training partner. He helps me constantly. Now, we are not training together on diffrent routines but is always in there to give me a hand when I need it. He inspires me alot and has helped me push through my workouts.

i prefer to train alone. Ive been through a bunch of training partners. I find when im by myself i stay more focused and work at my own pace. Plus i like to go train when im feeling it.... rather than have to wait around or go when im not feeling it. Or if i have to train a little earlier/later in the day due to things i have to do. I dont know im guess im weird i just hate being tied down to a "training time"..... yes i have commitment issues :)

I will say that ive never really had a training partner that had my same goals and was committed as much as i was. That may have something to do with it as well.

i prefer to train alone. i stay more focused and train at my own pace. never had a problem getting someone to spot if i need it and i'll return the favor to anyone that needs it.

That's where I'm at too .......although , I have a friend who bodybuilds too , sometimes when the stars align right we are at the gymn at the same time . I had the funnest (and most brutal ) workout ever one time when we took turns doing legs , and then deadlifts ,135 , 225 , 275 . 315 , 405 , .... we were up to 440 pounds before he gave up , was a lot of fun !

how important is a training partner to you? i personally have never had one, but im thinking that if i had a good one i could get some quicker gains. your thought on this one guys/gals

Honestly, zero importance to me.

My method and style of training doesn't require a spotter, I certainly don't need anyone to motivate me and I've made my best gains while training alone, being focused, and not distracted by constantly having to make adjustments for the other person.

Then:
I use to be a loner because it is so hard to find someone that you "click" with. Seemed like I was always pushing them and nothing in return. Also, getting that extra forced "rep" in can be tuff.

Now:
I can say, without a doubt, having a great training partner not only makes better progress, the time flys by and it is much more enjoyable. The difference is night and day. Doesn't hurt my best friend is the partner and he is also one BABB (bas ass bodybuilder:p ) I know I am pretty lucky in in finding a great workout partner, but when I do workout alone, it really ISNT the same and I use to do that for years.

I agree with the above totally. While I currently workout alone (hygiene issues I have been told) I have consistently made better gains with partners and the time flys by. My partners have almost always been more advanced. I think the important thing is consistency, I do not want to worry if someone is showing up, or on time etc. I've been lucky over the years, and my training partners remain some of my closest friends.

Pekkerwood

I think it depends on what i am training. Some bodyparts i prefer to have a partner pushing me and keeping an eye on my form while going heavy. Other days i prefer to turn my ipod up and focus by myself. I will say that i usually have my best lifts while someone else is pushing me.

Never have.....

and probably never will have a steady training partner. When i go to the gym i blast my tunes, and work at my own pace. I used to train at home by myself 325 stuck on your chest is no joke. :D I think at times having a partner would be benificial especialy doing dc, but i can do dc with out a partner. Just ask a good ole boy in the gym for a spot.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear