over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training question, front of side delts seem larger

npcout

Board Supporter
Registered
Board Supporter
Quick question, since I am dieting down for a show, I am noticing things more, and as I am growing more serious into bodybuilding, i am growing concerns with more minor issues.

In a side chest pose (This is the only pose I notice it), the front of my side delt seems larger than the back on my side delt. I wish I had a picture to show this, i just don't have any this second.

Basically looking at me from the side, the front is bigger than the back. I do alot of side delt exercises, and have slacked BIG time on rear delt training, almost as if I have forgotten it is a muscle. In a side view pose, is your rear delt visible? I am starting to think, its the rear delt being severely under-developed that makes the front of my shoulders look huge, and the back half look small. I'm thinking what I think is the back of my side delt, really is my rear delt.

**Keep in mind, this is noticable in a side view, like the side chest pose.

Quick question, since I am dieting down for a show, I am noticing things more, and as I am growing more serious into bodybuilding, i am growing concerns with more minor issues.

In a side chest pose (This is the only pose I notice it), the front of my side delt seems larger than the back on my side delt. I wish I had a picture to show this, i just don't have any this second.

Basically looking at me from the side, the front is bigger than the back. I do alot of side delt exercises, and have slacked BIG time on rear delt training, almost as if I have forgotten it is a muscle. In a side view pose, is your rear delt visible? I am starting to think, its the rear delt being severely under-developed that makes the front of my shoulders look huge, and the back half look small. I'm thinking what I think is the back of my side delt, really is my rear delt.

**Keep in mind, this is noticable in a side view, like the side chest pose.

In my opinion, the posterior head of the deltoid is indeed quite important during a side chest pose. I had the same issue myself, although i am not yet quite ready for competing, during my cutting phases it would become more obvious that compared to my medial and anterior deltoid heads, my posterior head was embarrasingly small.

Like yourself, before I got into this really seriously, rear delt training for me was practically non existant. And further down the line it certainly shows.

I have noticed major improvements over the last couple of months however by doing dumbell lateral raises with a slight forward lean, say 20 degrees or so, and peforming low unilateral cable raises in a similar position.

Its important to remember there is a fine line between over/under stimulating these muscles as they are so small, and bare in mind they do recieve some slight stimulation from certain back work.

For this reason I try to train deltoids as close to my back training as possible as not to interfere with recovery.

Hope this helps bro.

How is your back development? Bigger movements such as bent over barbell rows, dumbbell rows and 3/4 dead lifts will develop that area. Don't get too carried away with specializing!;)

How is your back development? Bigger movements such as bent over barbell rows, dumbbell rows and 3/4 dead lifts will develop that area. Don't get too carried away with specializing!;)

Eghh.. my back is decent, I wouldn't say lagging by any means.

Its just when i hit a side chest.. the front half of my delt pops out and is round, and the back half is flat.. almost as if i had a side delt implant put in.. but only half of the delt.. hard to describe.

Rear delts had better be there in a side chest. Some people get adequate rear delts from back work as stated, just like some get good anteior delts from chest pressing. I have to add a few sets of isolation to bring the rear delts out.
Check your posing, also. Experiment with getting tension on that rear delt (and trap and lat) pulling the front elbow out and back a little while resisting with the rear arm.

Sounds like you answered your own question bro.get to hitting them rear delts!alot of people far short in training them enough.i hit them with shoulders,and back.good luck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity