over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training split for naturals

flint2017

Newbies
hey all,

im intermediate lifter trying to add size to my frame
in your opinion which split is good in terms of strength and hypertrophy for naturals.
I know that hit muscles twice a week,calories surplus ,progressive overload is key to growth

so i have two options left

1 ) Upper lower off upper lower off off

2 ) push pull off legs off repeat ( with three different rotations ) low volume high intensity approach 2 sets each in 6-10 reps and 10-15 reps

and which rep scheme to use for best strength and hypertrophy gains?

reverse pyramid or straight sets ?

Honestly, it’s what you enjoy most. I always had a 5-6 day splits when I was natural and it worked for me because I liked it and it allowed me to focus on one muscle group at a time ... muscle growth has nothing to do with splits, so choose one that you’ll enjoy and motivate you to hit the gym and gives you time to recover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before AS I trained the whole body any where from once to 2 times a week with good results. It just depends on how many sets and how heavier you are lifting. That would determine the frequency of how often each body part was trained.

Before AS I trained the whole body any where from once to 2 times a week with good results. It just depends on how many sets and how heavier you are lifting. That would determine the frequency of how often each body part was trained.

exactly. meta-analysis shows for naturals 2x a week for each muscle group, even 3x is better than once a week .
but its total sets that matter more. say u do 9-12 hard sets total per week, hard meaning failure or close to it. just divide those up and do what is convenient. more than 12 a week u get diminishing returns, it aint worth the time.
stronger by science has all the relevant articles/studies.

hey all,

im intermediate lifter trying to add size to my frame
in your opinion which split is good in terms of strength and hypertrophy for naturals.
I know that hit muscles twice a week,calories surplus ,progressive overload is key to growth

so i have two options left

1 ) Upper lower off upper lower off off

2 ) push pull off legs off repeat ( with three different rotations ) low volume high intensity approach 2 sets each in 6-10 reps and 10-15 reps

and which rep scheme to use for best strength and hypertrophy gains?

reverse pyramid or straight sets ?
Periodization

Honestly, it’s what you enjoy most. I always had a 5-6 day splits when I was natural and it worked for me because I liked it and it allowed me to focus on one muscle group at a time ... muscle growth has nothing to do with splits, so choose one that you’ll enjoy and motivate you to hit the gym and gives you time to recover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this approach too. One muscle group per day so you can hit it hard. Train everything once a week. I did that when i was natural for 8 years. I’m natural now so that’s the way to go. Sometimes i add a little extra. Today i did 5 chest
exercises, plus military press, and abs.

I like this approach too. One muscle group per day so you can hit it hard. Train everything once a week. I did that when i was natural for 8 years. I’m natural now so that’s the way to go. Sometimes i add a little extra. Today i did 5 chest
exercises, plus military press, and abs.

This guy is an intermediate, is not a higher frequency better for him?

split is not that important. more importantly as natural you have to be on top of things when it comes to recovery. just make sure you do not overtrain and have adequate amount of protein/calories.

That's a very effective routine. I used to do full body routines 3 x per week. MON/WED/FRI 3 sets per exercise.

start with 500mg test e a week and choose any wk out ya want
-F

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member