over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training split

Are you strict with this or do you add say ex: tris in w chest or bis with back
Yeah depending how I feel I might throw in some tris on my chest day and bi on my back day . But like 2 exercises tops nothing crazy

The only way this has been possible is I've radically changed how I complete a rep over the last 5 years. It varies slightly, but it always falls between...5-8 second negative, hold contraction for ~3 seconds, 4-7 second positive. There is not a single solitary ounce of momentum used at any point, in any rep. You'll find the amount of warmups you need are almost non-existent when you train like this. I do just one set of total failure (but don't use beyond failure techniques).
Are you older/injured and using this alternative as a means to keep training? If each rep is 18 seconds, it sounds like you would have to cut your weights by 75%. That is a Ken Hutchins Super Slow level cadence.

I've been pretty committed to full body (at least mostly) the last year or so. Over the last 5 months I've honed it into more of how Jordan Peters walks through it here:

I can usually get through 3-4 full body workouts a week within an hour each. The only way this has been possible is I've radically changed how I complete a rep over the last 5 years. It varies slightly, but it always falls between...5-8 second negative, hold contraction for ~3 seconds, 4-7 second positive. There is not a single solitary ounce of momentum used at any point, in any rep. You'll find the amount of warmups you need are almost non-existent when you train like this. I do just one set of total failure (but don't use beyond failure techniques).
Great video, thanks for sharing

Im currently paring

Chest, should and arms

Legs and back

2 on 1 off.

Switching back and forth each workout with a dominant muscle group besides arms

My volume is on the lower side though with only a few working sets per muscle group

Great video, thanks for sharing

Im currently paring

Chest, should and arms

Legs and back

2 on 1 off.

Switching back and forth each workout with a dominant muscle group besides arms

My volume is on the lower side though with only a few working sets per muscle group
What's an example of your leg back day I'm curious

I didn't think people were still following Monday chest day but happened to go peak time on Monday and sure enough chest day lol. Let me guess back Tuesday? Sure enough smh
I quit training chest on mondays over 30 years ago. Women have usually rushed in on mondays to train legs so i started training legs on mondays as i liked the view of the crowd better!

Depends on what I am prepping for - Standardized Routine

Cardio
3x Sprint Days Per Week
1-2X LSD Runs + 60 min bike

Base Fitness
1X Explosive Push Day
1X Explosive Leg day
1X Power Back Day
1X General Hypertrophy Day
1X Injury Prevention + Active Recovery

Skill Based
3-4X Sessions per week depending on recovery needs

Used to put on the biggest amount
Well my first year with a gym membership i put on over 20# of muscle. Doing the basic push. pull, legs. 2X a week with 1 rest day. 20-30+ sets per workout. 5ish-8ish rep range. And was natural. But i was just younger and stupid and wasn't told i was over training as that was not really a thing yet. Don't think i heard about over training till the mid 90's.

Quads
Shoulders
Arms
Glutes & hamstrings
Chest
Back

This is my split but no set days. I take rest days as I need them - typically 3 on and 1 off.

I start every workout with calves, hit tibialis anterior every other workout, hit forearms after arms, and hit abs 3 - 4 times per week.
How's hitting the tibialis every other workout going? I just bought a tib bar last week, never trained that muscle before

Depends on what I am prepping for - Standardized Routine

Cardio
3x Sprint Days Per Week
1-2X LSD Runs + 60 min bike

Base Fitness
1X Explosive Push Day
1X Explosive Leg day
1X Power Back Day
1X General Hypertrophy Day
1X Injury Prevention + Active Recovery

Skill Based
3-4X Sessions per week depending on recovery needs
When you have a minute could you share what your base workouts look like ?

What's an example of your leg back day I'm curious
So if its leg dominate i will usually

Squats. 1 working 1 back off set
Leg press. 1 working. Higher reps 20plus
Walking lunge. 1 set
Back
Rope pullovers
Mach pulldown or row
Rev pec ssw face pull
All 3 sets 15 to 20 short rest breaks

Back dominant

Deadlift 1 working reg 1 working stiff leg
Bent row 1 working. 1 back off
Chin. Usually 1 weighted. 1 bw
Lying leg curl ssw leg ext
3 sets 20

Now occasionally i will add another leg exercise or back but this is the base of the workouts

Since we’re discussing workouts and splits

Any suggestions on increasing bench press. I know its a ego lift but i would love to get back to 405 for 5

Im all ears 👂

How's hitting the tibialis every other workout going? I just bought a tib bar last week, never trained that muscle before
The frequency works for me. I've trained them like this for years.

Since we’re discussing workouts and splits

Any suggestions on increasing bench press. I know its a ego lift but i would love to get back to 405 for 5

Im all ears 👂
Last September I benched 500 x 4, my all-time best and a long-time goal I had.

I was benching into the 450s for reps training as a bodybuilder but knew if I wanted to do 500 I needed to adjust my training for strength.

What got me there was alternating each week - one was singles / doubles / triples to test my strength; the next was higher rep work, like 10 - 15, to help me handle the heavier weights better. I kept progressively overloading each training style and it got me to 500.

The day I did 500 I actually still thought I was 1-2 weeks away. I was talking to this guy in his 70s training next to me and he was encouraging me and told me I should go for it that day. I did 485 and was surprised with how relatively easy it was so I went for 500 hoping for 2 and got 4.

Last September I benched 500 x 4, my all-time best and a long-time goal I had.

I was benching into the 450s for reps training as a bodybuilder but knew if I wanted to do 500 I needed to adjust my training for strength.

What got me there was alternating each week - one was singles / doubles / triples to test my strength; the next was higher rep work, like 10 - 15, to help me handle the heavier weights better. I kept progressively overloading each training style and it got me to 500.

The day I did 500 I actually still thought I was 1-2 weeks away. I was talking to this guy in his 70s training next to me and he was encouraging me and told me I should go for it that day. I did 485 and was surprised with how relatively easy it was so I went for 500 hoping for 2 and got 4.
Awesome

So chest(bench) training once or twice a week? What about your secondary exercises for chest.

Also what about total volume for bench sets wise?

Thanks bro

Chest and Shuolders
Back and Rear Delts
Legs
Arms + bullshit
Rest
Repeat

calves every other day (real calf training)

If I'm not running this, I'm running Scot Stevenson's Fortitude Training. such a sick split and training enjoyability...@homun

Awesome

So chest(bench) training once or twice a week? What about your secondary exercises for chest.

Thanks bro
Chest once every 7-10 days.

At the time I did 500 my secondary exercise was Life Fitness plate loaded incline press, but I did that before flat bench. I'm stronger with flat bench in the middle of my workout than at the beginning.

For flat bench I'd do 4 warmups, maybe one more depending on how heavy I was going, then 2-3 working sets depending on how I was feeling. Also consider that at this point I'd done 10+ warmup sets and 3-5 working sets in total across my previous exercises going into this so I was super primed. I still did the warmup sets on flat bench because it puts you in such an unnatural position for lifting and I wanted my nervous system to be as ready as possible for the big weights.

Chest once every 7-10 days.

At the time I did 500 my secondary exercise was Life Fitness plate loaded incline press, but I did that before flat bench. I'm stronger with flat bench in the middle of my workout than at the beginning.

For flat bench I'd do 4 warmups, maybe one more depending on how heavy I was going, then 2-3 working sets depending on how I was feeling. Also consider that at this point I'd done 10+ warmup sets and 3-5 working sets in total across my previous exercises going into this so I was super primed. I still did the warmup sets on flat bench because it puts you in such an unnatural position for lifting and I wanted my nervous system to be as ready as possible for the big weights.

Yes I’ve noticed the better i get myself warmed up, nervous system firing im stronger on bench. I actually tried some bench after a back work out and was surprisingly strong.

recently its been

chest+should, tris get hit with pressing
back, rear delt,
run 10km w 2km warm up and 2km cool down
been playing with the order of the last two to help recovery. running taxes me quite a bit
bis, tris, secondary chest/shoulder
legs
off
run same

i rotate 3 workouts per day, every time i hit the same exercise increase weight, reps or both.
riding a bike makes me look far better then running but i feel im weak at running so im kinda going after it.

next training rotation i think im gona see how upping the run intensity goes and lowering the distance a bit.

Awesome

Thanks bro

Not @danieltx, but at 221lbs I hit a competition 455lbs, and 475 gym touch and go many many moons ago.

We benched 2x a week.

Day one was a basic strength day, work up to to a really hard 3 sets across….in the 4-6 rep range. Usually say you hit 355x6 top set, just drop 5-10% each concurrent set to stay 5-6 reps.

The second day was whatever you suck at. Can’t lock out? Slightly narrow grip with chains or bands. Stuck a few inches off the chest? Wide spoto bench presses. Usually 6 sets of 3 with 75%, but you have to mentally move that bar as fast as you humanly can to get the most out of it.

If you don’t have chains or bands…get a mark bell slingshot. Does what chains or bands do (accommodation resistance) AND it gives you good sets while babying your anterior delts that day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131