over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

training styles

swervedriver

FOUNDING Member
Registered
I was wondering what training styles you guys have found to be most effective in muscle gains? I have been doing arnolds high volume training, but it has not given me that great of results... Swervedriver:D

HIT - no doubt, nothing comes close.

Big A are you talking about Dorian's HIT training style? If so i have looked at it before, but never really tried it... How many exercises per bodypart? I know it is one all out set with forced reps. but not sure how many exercises... If there are any links or anything that will give me a good look at this style i would really appreciate it... Thanks Big A for your reply!! Swervedriver:D

Big A,
That works for size too???

Isn't that were do a warmup and then hit the heaviest weight for as many reps as you can?

dogcrapp training style is something ive been doig before his post and absolutley love it, works great... its a version of HIT in many ways

HIT certainly works GREAT for mass. When I changed to HIT, many years ago, using the same gear and eating the same as before (so the training was the only change) I gained 57lbs in 4months. Been training like that ever since in the off season.

I train Mon, Wed and Fri only.

Mon - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
*Incline press - warmup sets, one set to failure
*Flat flyes - one set to failure
*Millitary press - one warmup set, one set to failure
*Rear delt machine - one set to failure
*Seated machine press(facing the back support) - one set to failure
*Tricep pushdown - one warmup, one set to failure
*Nose breakers - one set to failure
Optional - *Rope pushdowns - one set to failure

Wed - Quads, Hams, Calves
*Squats - warmups, one set to failure, one pump set of 20
*Leg extension - one set to failure
*Lying leg curl - one warmp-up, one set to failure
*Stiff leg deadlift - stretching, one set to failure
*Standing Calf raise - one warmup, one set to failure

Fri - Abs, Back, Biceps
*Rope crunches - one warmp up, one set to failure
*Lat pulldowns - warmups, one set to failure
*Deadlift - one warmup set, one set to failure
*Bentover rows - one set to failure
*Shrugs - one set to failure
*Standing BB curls - one warmp up, one set to failure
*Preacher curl or Alt DB curl or Hammer curl - one set to failure

I do lots of warmp sets for the first exercise - eg Incline press - if your max failure set is with 3 plates, then do 2 warm ups with the bar, 2 warmp ups with 1 plate, 1 warm up wth 2 plates and then the work/failure set with 3 plates. Then when you move to flat flyes you do the work set straig away as your chest is fully warmed up after it failed on Incline Presses. Then just one warm up set for the next bodypart to get used to the new range of motion and the work sets begin.
Work set means 100% effort, 100% PHYSICAL failure not mental!

I take PLENTY of rest between work sets - 5min.

Getting ready for a comp though, I train 6 days a week, twice a day plus cardio daily. The aim is to lose bf not to gain size.

Big A how many reps minuium do you want to get? Are you shootign for 6-8 reps total failure or higher or lower.

Do you ever switchg order of bodypart ie shoulder first on one day?

Thanks

Big A?

Do you run this year round (except precontest)? just curious if you throw in high volume any other time than precontest. Also, like physiqueartist, am curious about mixing it up - i.e. changing order, etc.

I like training like Markus Ruhl. I train 6 days a weeks and do an average of 25 sets per bpdy part. Everybody part is trained once ever seven days. I started trainig 3 years ago at 190lbs and now weigh 234. My philosopy is, More is better. With this training you have to remeber to eat alot of food. Even when im not on any kind of gear I still get an average of 5500 cals and 400g of protein.

Big A

That sounds good, I am going to give it a try.

I think that the key is change, always be changing around.

On the HIT did you try and go up in weight every week??

Did you get sore??

Reps - for torso bodyparts I try to fail at 4-8 reps. Limb muscles - 8 to 12 reps.

If I do a torso muscle for example, I try to find a weight that I can fail at on 6 reps. The folowing workout I have to do an extra rep. Otherwise I am not progressing. When I reach 8 reps, I increase the weight in the folowing workout so I can only do 4 reps. Then work my way up to 8 again, before I increase the weight again, etc.

I use the same workout year round apart from competitions. If I need a 'change' I switch from Incline press and flat flyes to flat press and incline flyes, etc.

I am ALWAYS sore after every single workout!

Thanks Big A for your wisdom!! I am sold and will be starting the HIT style next week!!! Once again thanks!!
Swervedriver:D

Hmm

I want to try hit, but I think I have not going to the gym phobia. I did a hit style training yesterday and Im sore as shit. But it is so hard not to want to goto the gym more. I love lifting weights, I am gonna fight it, Ive never done hit for a month so What do I have to lose. BIG A thanks for that post, that workout looks real good.

Treid hit last night, will take time to get my max weigth correct. Did the leg workout and did my last set of squats with 650 for 8 but that was after a set of 135,225,315,405,525,600 then did set to failure. Big A is tha tto many warmup sets on squats.

By th eway I am sore as hell..

HIT=awesome!

Did Big A's back/bicep workout last night. While it didn't look like much on paper, it KICKED MY BUTT! I'm so freakin' sore today!

Physique- I'm guessing you did too many warmups. Maybe 2 or 3 would suffice?? As if I'm an expert on HIT! LOL! Just my .02

HEAVY High rep works for me

This kind of shock training help me break the 220 lb barrier

ex.
Squats : 315 x 30 reps, 405 x 30reps , 495 x25 reps (on a good day), Lunges 3 sets, leg extension 3x 25 reps 150-160 lbs.

most of my lifts are heavy, but form is the most important for me

bump for who needed it

Thanks big A. i need a new training routine very soon. i'm not motivated and feeling stagnant with what i got now.

can somebody please bump doggcrapps HIT training style.. I must be a dumbass cuz I can't find it again. thanks

moose

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner