over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Twice a Day - Beneficial?

lol...oh, yeah...I am just huge!

That's why your so damn BIG!:D

You and my Meredith just like harrassing the genetically disadvantaged white guys! :D

Sure....

JT - care to share your training style and split? thx
Some people might not like this or they may disagree...but all I can say is....I love the short intense nature of this style of training....you hit a bodypart...and are done quickly...then you eat all day..nap...eat more and I am psyched to lift again. I actually love lifting... The thing is...if you are eating enough protein, sleeping and are taking "supplements"...how in the hell are you going to go down hill? Someone who does that is just doing too many exercises...that's just my opinion. lol. I do many different splits...here are some examples:

Day one- Back am...........Chest pm

Day two- Abs/cardio am...........calf/forearms pm

Day three- rest and lay around..go fishing..put tanning oil on your girlfriends back. ;)

Day four- shoulders am............biceps triceps pm

Day five- hamstrings/ abs am..........quads pm

Day six- rest......

Two exercises for each body part...change them each time....in and out in 35-40 min. I am nothing special...but I can tell a huge difference in the way I look by July....I get out for summer in June.

Other splits I've tried:

day 1 back am........triceps pm
day 2 abs am.....calf pm.

day 3...off

day 4...chest....am biceps pm
day 5 ...quads am....hams, abs...pm

day 6 ...rest

You ask..."where are shoulders?" I don't do much direct pressing for delts...I get a lot of front delt work from exercises like barbell inclines etc...and I get a lot of rear delt work from barbell rows..etc...

So....I throw in lateral raises for medial delts on my chest day and my back day.

I eat six meals no matter what...drink a gallon of water each day...meals three hours apart. If I sleep in...I am up at 3am drinking protein. lol. My girlfriend is constantly hungry so...we bring food everywhere!

Hope you got something out of this crap! lol

I'd love to be able to not work...just lift and have fun all year long.

Some people might not like this or they may disagree...but all I can say is....I love the short intense nature of this style of training....you hit a bodypart...and are done quickly...then you eat all day..nap...eat more and I am psyched to lift again. I actually love lifting... The thing is...if you are eating enough protein, sleeping and are taking "supplements"...how in the hell are you going to go down hill? Someone who does that is just doing too many exercises...that's just my opinion. lol. I do many different splits...here are some examples:

Day one- Back am...........Chest pm

Day two- Abs/cardio am...........calf/forearms pm

Day three- rest and lay around..go fishing..put tanning oil on your girlfriends back. ;)

Day four- shoulders am............biceps triceps pm

Day five- hamstrings/ abs am..........quads pm

Day six- rest......

Two exercises for each body part...change them each time....in and out in 35-40 min. I am nothing special...but I can tell a huge difference in the way I look by July....I get out for summer in June.

Other splits I've tried:

day 1 back am........triceps pm
day 2 abs am.....calf pm.

day 3...off

day 4...chest....am biceps pm
day 5 ...quads am....hams, abs...pm

day 6 ...rest

You ask..."where are shoulders?" I don't do much direct pressing for delts...I get a lot of front delt work from exercises like barbell inclines etc...and I get a lot of rear delt work from barbell rows..etc...

So....I throw in lateral raises for medial delts on my chest day and my back day.

I eat six meals no matter what...drink a gallon of water each day...meals three hours apart. If I sleep in...I am up at 3am drinking protein. lol. My girlfriend is constantly hungry so...we bring food everywhere!

Hope you got something out of this crap! lol

I'd love to be able to not work...just lift and have fun all year long.

Thanks for sharing JT! Was always wondering about who does splits and for how long, why, what purpose. Curious, without going into detail unless you want to:rolleyes:, are these hi rep, pyramid, low rep, straight sets.

Only spilt sets I have ever done are am cardio that main makes me do when I am all fat and eve training (usually more cardio). Never done split body, etc.

Are you just giving me a hard time, you bastard?! lol.

Thanks for sharing JT! Was always wondering about who does splits and for how long, why, what purpose. Curious, without going into detail unless you want to:rolleyes:, are these hi rep, pyramid, low rep, straight sets.

Only spilt sets I have ever done are am cardio that main makes me do when I am all fat and eve training (usually more cardio). Never done split body, etc.

Again...I am no expert and certainly wouldn't dare to advise you or anyone else. I am simply sharing what I have done and the results I got from my little expiriments....trial and error ....again..with practically zero gear.

Like you...I don't like being fat...so...that morning session is usually first thing in the morning before eating...I get up hit the ephedrine caffeine asprin...drink a ton of water...take a hot shower...to warm up and wake up..then train. Like I wrote earlier...it's not much over 30 minutes...and I suck down some protein and oats right after...so all that catabolic stuff I read about....hmmm..I guess..but I eat a bunch of food anyway..so I'll take the trade off for the fat burning effects of a morning weight training session on an empty stomach over the possible catabolism I keep hearing about...[although I wonder since I am well fed and in a positive place hormonally and well rested.]

Reps, training style etc..... I like to keep things fun...so for me that means switching things around often. I like to go 6 or 8 reps heavy ...straight sets...I don't pyramid much because I tend to injure myself because I am retarded and end up doing shit for 3 reps..lol. The next session...I might set up stations ...lets say it's back.....I like setting up a deadlift bar in front of the squat rack and doing what I call 15's. Deadlift something I can get for 15 reps and then try to take a few deep breaths and get 15 chins...My best effort on that combination was 500x15 reps on deads and followed by chins for 15 reps. I was proud of that. I did that with my friend Matt Bauer at Golds twice in my life.

I got it 13 times the other day, Steve. This was in the weight room March 5th...I open the weight room tues and thurs. after school for the kids. The kid taking the picture was named Kyle. Like a dipshit I told the kids my goal was 15 reps....when I only got 13 they all stopped cheering me on and started calling me a pussy!

The little bastards! lol

Attachments

• DSC02904.JPG
    DSC02904.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Thanks for the post JT - much appreciated!

I'm by no means an expert or have half the experience of most of you guys here but for some reason I seem to agree with this......

The thing is...if you are eating enough protein, sleeping and are taking "supplements"...how in the hell are you going to go down hill?

I guess I'll just have to try it and see how it turns out.

Again...I am no expert and certainly wouldn't dare to advise you or anyone else. I am simply sharing what I have done and the results I got from my little expiriments....trial and error ....again..with practically zero gear.

Like you...I don't like being fat...so...that morning session is usually first thing in the morning before eating...I get up hit the ephedrine caffeine asprin...drink a ton of water...take a hot shower...to warm up and wake up..then train. Like I wrote earlier...it's not much over 30 minutes...and I suck down some protein and oats right after...so all that catabolic stuff I read about....hmmm..I guess..but I eat a bunch of food anyway..so I'll take the trade off for the fat burning effects of a morning weight training session on an empty stomach over the possible catabolism I keep hearing about...[although I wonder since I am well fed and in a positive place hormonally and well rested.]

Reps, training style etc..... I like to keep things fun...so for me that means switching things around often. I like to go 6 or 8 reps heavy ...straight sets...I don't pyramid much because I tend to injure myself because I am retarded and end up doing shit for 3 reps..lol. The next session...I might set up stations ...lets say it's back.....I like setting up a deadlift bar in front of the squat rack and doing what I call 15's. Deadlift something I can get for 15 reps and then try to take a few deep breaths and get 15 chins...My best effort on that combination was 500x15 reps on deads and followed by chins for 15 reps. I was proud of that. I did that with my friend Matt Bauer at Golds twice in my life.

I got it 13 times the other day, Steve. This was in the weight room March 5th...I open the weight room tues and thurs. after school for the kids. The kid taking the picture was named Kyle. Like a dipshit I told the kids my goal was 15 reps....when I only got 13 they all stopped cheering me on and started calling me a pussy!

The little bastards! lol

Thanks a lot JT, I always like hearing what your programs are and what you have 'tinkered' around with to find what works for you. I think your set up seems really spot on and well balanced.

And your way too modest, your moving some serious weight all the time and it's very impressive!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws