over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training twice a day for competition

FranJ

Registered
Greetings,

Last year prep I decided to train twice a day, 6 days a week, I was also very low kcal (specially carbs) and I did cut pretty well in record time, but after checking my progress pics I can clearly see a lot of muscle loss.

Training twice a day works for many people in my country when prepping for a show, the question is: do you think this is really effective for an amateur bodybuilder? Even if we were using high AAS dosages, clean diet, little cardio... do you advocate for this approach when cutting for a contest?

To be more explicit about my situation, this year I'm training only 1 time a day, for 6 days, very intense workouts, high volume... and around 30-40min cardio on empty stomach everyday. I see myself fuller, bigger and I'm losing fat, but my stomach is not as flat as last year, at the moment I'm 8 weeks out of the first show... and I'm still thinking if incorporating a few weeks of training twice a day...

just wondering:

1) how long were you training 2x a day?

2) were you using any slin or gh?

3) did you take any food/supplement protocol pre/post/intra?

I liked to train twice 3 times a week for competition.

1 session being some cardio, and lighter weight training.
other session being your main training time.

:cool:

i can only speak for myself, but usually 30 min fasted cardio AM, one training session at night , and posing practice for 30 minutes somewhere in between is plenty for me.

Greetings,

Last year prep I decided to train twice a day, 6 days a week, I was also very low kcal (specially carbs) and I did cut pretty well in record time, but after checking my progress pics I can clearly see a lot of muscle loss.

Training twice a day works for many people in my country when prepping for a show, the question is: do you think this is really effective for an amateur bodybuilder? Even if we were using high AAS dosages, clean diet, little cardio... do you advocate for this approach when cutting for a contest?

To be more explicit about my situation, this year I'm training only 1 time a day, for 6 days, very intense workouts, high volume... and around 30-40min cardio on empty stomach everyday. I see myself fuller, bigger and I'm losing fat, but my stomach is not as flat as last year, at the moment I'm 8 weeks out of the first show... and I'm still thinking if incorporating a few weeks of training twice a day...

What was your split like? How many exercises, reps, sets? How long was each workout?

I liked to train twice 3 times a week for competition.

1 session being some cardio, and lighter weight training.
other session being your main training time.

:cool:

That sounds interesting. Would you mind sharing what your split was like?

Greetings,

at the moment I'm 8 weeks out of the first show... and I'm still thinking if incorporating a few weeks of training twice a day...

pretty sure that's the definition of insanity OP

pretty sure that's the definition of insanity OP

Yeah just thought the same thing, if you noticed muscle loss by training twice a day , why keep doing something that is going to make things worse?

The closer I get the less I train.....

4-5 days is just right for most people. And that's training one time each day.

"Cutting in record time"

Sounds like you just need to eat more

I personally wouldn't change anything, specially if you are getting better results than last prep.. Also stop focusing only on one area of your body, if legs glutes and hams are in no need to worry about stomach not being "flat" at 8 weeks out... Keep grinding the way you have been.

This was my results in contest shape after training twice a day with very low carbs + 1 refeed every 4 days (cheating day):

attachment.php

- Didn't take slin, and got off GH like month and half before contest (couldn't afford it)
- My training split was heavy movements AM and light weights in the PM (giant sets, tempo, etc)
- I was also doing loads of cardio (started with 1 session and ended with 2 of them of 45 min)

Most of this was because I was doing full cheat days every 4th day or so... I'm a guy who eats a lot so I needed to do a lot of exercise to get shreddred.

This year I'm doing higher kcal diet, eating clean (except last 2 weekends I've eat a lot of junk), and doing just 1 session of weights and cardio 30 min. My current shape 8 weeks out:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 12079201_10204400341803238_4903484332311430340_n.jpg
    12079201_10204400341803238_4903484332311430340_n.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,613
  • 12809767_10205146832065028_3540780756592914235_n.jpg
    12809767_10205146832065028_3540780756592914235_n.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,031
This was my results in contest shape after training twice a day with very low carbs + 1 refeed every 4 days (cheating day):

attachment.php

- Didn't take slin, and got off GH like month and half before contest (couldn't afford it)
- My training split was heavy movements AM and light weights in the PM (giant sets, tempo, etc)
- I was also doing loads of cardio (started with 1 session and ended with 2 of them of 45 min)

Most of this was because I was doing full cheat days every 4th day or so... I'm a guy who eats a lot so I needed to do a lot of exercise to get shreddred.

This year I'm doing higher kcal diet, eating clean (except last 2 weekends I've eat a lot of junk), and doing just 1 session of weights and cardio 30 min. My current shape 8 weeks out:

attachment.php
Well it clearly worked!

Do your boxers say "Punto" lol

During my last prep i was training 2x a day for the last 4-5 weeks. I felt i could put more effort into each session instead of burning out towards the end of a longer session. I also felt that i could burn more calories by spreading the work out over the day. The morning session would be to get my metabolism cranking and then a session later in the day to help burn and process the calories i was eating throughout the day. It helped to get a nap in mid day too. This allowed me to really put in a lot of intensity into each session.

During my last prep i was training 2x a day for the last 4-5 weeks. I felt i could put more effort into each session instead of burning out towards the end of a longer session. I also felt that i could burn more calories by spreading the work out over the day. The morning session would be to get my metabolism cranking and then a session later in the day to help burn and process the calories i was eating throughout the day. It helped to get a nap in mid day too. This allowed me to really put in a lot of intensity into each session.

When I see stuff like this it makes wonder what kind of workouts guys are doing. I train 5 times a week. Heavy intense and lower volume. That routine would absolutely wipe me out in a few weeks.

I've trained six days a week before once a day and that in itself was pretty rough. My CNS hated me.

What does your diet gear and training style look like bro? You were definetly lean and sporting some good shape

you got ripped on the prep doing that , great conditioning

I tried it my last prep in 2012, for six weeks and if you train heavy and intense workouts must be short , or intensity lowered and more volume. you cant do it no more than 6-8 weeks imo. It is nice to stimulate the metablosim twice and not have to do cardio, at least i didnt. anabolic use was little so obviously more drugs into the mx and doses the better but from experience dont see myself doing it again

he only way to know is do and go by past expirience. I did it and glad i have experience training twice a day

When I lowered carbs I was dropping bodyfat a lot and losing strength. i was training first thing in morning on ec stack , bcaa's l carnitine, then 6 -8hours later second session. the morning sessons i lost srength on that many lowered calories

id rather just do cardio, train once a day, and practice my posing at night

if i need some extra fatloss I do some interval cardio after weight training sessions after some bcaa's

Last edited:
I don't have too much on my hands to do such thing. Do you guys have jobs? Family? I mean 3 hours a day at the gym? what kind of life is that unless it's your full time job..

I do train once a day and cardio post training starting low then slowly increase sessions when contest is close, cardio goes up x2 a day when it gets above an hour of cardio.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner