over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Volume enhanced vs natural/off

Marvel3203

Registered
Do you change your training volume when you are off cycle? Notice I didnt say weight, still pushing heavy weight for each set. Does the natural guy or guy on an off cycle need to lower the volume since his recovery capabilities arent as high when enhanced? My logic tells me yes for the question right before recovery isnt as fast therefore more rest and less volume on the muscle. But my gut says you still want to push yourself because your body my need high volume no matter what to adapt. I work of a model John Meadows provided stating what was normal volume for certain muscle groups and then adding 20% or more for it to be considered high volume i.e. normal/moderate volume for biceps is 6-10 sets therefore high volume would be 12+ sets.

I dont - actually when I was on gear and I was that much bigger my recovery rate was still substantial so I train about the same volume and intensity now.

Being a lifelong natural, I'm very interested in the coming responses to this thread.

Question for the enhanced: Does being off cycle, lets say time off equals time on, feel the same in terms of recovery as being a natural? Are there lingering or more obvious differences? That is, if you remember what it feels like to be a natural. :D

When on cycle you can benefit from higher volume but it's not optimal. You can get a higher spike in muscle protien synthesis with higher volume when on aas but it doesn't last long and you take longer to recover from workouts with higher volume. It's better to work a muscle with the minimum amount of stimulus required to stimulate mps in order to work it more often resulting in More growth phases. That goes for natural or on cycle but it's more important for the natural trainee to hit a muscle more frequently. When on aas your mps stays elevated for a week or 2. When natural it says elevated for roughly 16-48 hours. Closer to 48hrs for a beginner and closer to 16 for advanced.

Training naturally I prefer higher frequency and overall less volume.

I dont - actually when I was on gear and I was that much bigger my recovery rate was still substantial so I train about the same volume and intensity now.

I dont think gear changes the rate of recovery as much as people think. Sure you may get more mass due to the ability to take in and used more calories. But volume and frequency is mostly CNS and that isn't build with gear. Gear may help you hold mass if you go to far, being natural you hormones drop if over trained.
CNS recovery is individual and can be increased from years lifting. So do as much as you can handle, only the amount of mass per week changes if on.

I dont think gear changes the rate of recovery as much as people think. Sure you may get more mass due to the ability to take in and used more calories. But volume and frequency is mostly CNS and that isn't build with gear. Gear may help you hold mass if you go to far, being natural you hormones drop if over trained.
CNS recovery is individual and can be increased from years lifting. So do as much as you can handle, only the amount of mass per week changes if on.

Of course gear changes the rate of recovery. For one, When you have more testosterone it increases satellite cells which rush to the damaged muscle and repair it. Why do you think volume and frequency is cns? That's true if you overtrain as a natural, it effects your hormones. It effects you on aas too, it's just a lot more noticeable when natural. Getting big is all about gene expression. When natural, you have to learn how to manipulate your hormones. When your on aas you don't have to worry about that obviously because all your hormones are increased by exogenous sources.

As a natural - how does one 'manipulate' their hormones for optimal gains?
Would be interested to hear thoughts on this!

Everything has to be on point. Sleep, nutrition, no stress, lots of relaxation. Most importantly, learning how to do the minimum amount of work to stimulate growth. You need to utilize lower rep ranges strategically to boost natural testosterone levels. Every variable is critical when natural. You can get away with a lot more error when taking aas.

Of course gear changes the rate of recovery. For one, When you have more testosterone it increases satellite cells which rush to the damaged muscle and repair it. Why do you think volume and frequency is cns? That's true if you overtrain as a natural, it effects your hormones. It effects you on aas too, it's just a lot more noticeable when natural. Getting big is all about gene expression. When natural, you have to learn how to manipulate your hormones. When your on aas you don't have to worry about that obviously because all your hormones are increased by exogenous sources.

The thing of it is with gear, you also get stronger bigger so you can do more damage to more muscle. Even though your recovery rate is better- you really kinda break even because now you have more actual material muscle to recover and heal (grow).
As an enhanced athlete my training was similar if not identical to non- gear training as far as cycling volume and training intensity.

The thing of it is with gear, you also get stronger bigger so you can do more damage to more muscle. Even though your recovery rate is better- you really kinda break even because now you have more actual material muscle to recover and heal (grow).
As an enhanced athlete my training was similar if not identical to non- gear training as far as cycling volume and training intensity.

I agree completely

Very good points so far, trying to key on heavy weight moderate volume and getting more sleep then I usually do.

I really dont know what the answer is, but all i can say is that I do about the same amount of sets when im off as i do when im on gear. When im on i just see way more results.

There is proof that you recover better when you are on gear, but that doesnt mean that you need to completely destroy the muscle to optimize the amount of recovery and growth. Once the muscle tissue is stimulated from a workout to the point where it will grow, anything you do beyond that is just overkill. Of course if you are on gear you will most likely not lose muscle by over training, but that doesnt mean you need to over train.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws