advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training vs. drugs. vs genetics. vs hard work .....

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
OK I didnt want to start another thread about this but I didnt see a good place to put it into the existing threads, and I didnt want to hijack them either.

I dont know a ton about bodybuilding. Most here know more about training, diet and drugs than I do. But the only thing I know to be an absolute truth is time. I cont care what program you use, if you WORK that program for 10 years, or hell switch programs but be consistant for 10 years youll look impressive.

Here's the qualifier though, WHAT you look like will depend on everything in the title of the thread. Sure diet is important if for no other reason than being healthy. And yes drugs will make you bigger than you can be without them. Genetics is the be all and end all to basically any athletic endeavour BUT, TIME WITH CONSISTANCY IS THE MAGIC TRICK.

We can sit here all day and argue Phil's training vs. Johns Vs. Dante's..etc. until were blue in the face, but everyone on this board with an impressive physique did it with time. It isnt the program. there are world class physiques built with HIT, volume, 5x5, westside, DC Phil hernon's methods....

The type of training you should choose is the one that makes the most sence to you and the one you have the most fun doing. If you dont have fun trying to bodybuild your really in the wrong sport. Seriously go find something you enjoy because your muscles do not define who you are or how people see you. You decide that.

If you want to be a good bodybuilder years and years of work are what it takes. It's not about hard work, we all work hard in the gym. Its about that consistancy, but be realistic with it. dont mis your kids football games or a family BBQ or a concert because you might be catabolic for 6.523 hours.

There are methods I believe work better than others just like most of you do but the only method that works 100% of the time for everyone is time, and a lot of it.

Fucking a man, I'm glad someone else gets it!

This is really all Phil was trying say.
He works his program because it works, and allows yiu to have a life outside of bodybuilding.

Do what kind of lifts make you enjoy working out. Your genetics and response to drugs is going to determine what you look like in the end.

Some people will need more or less drugs than the guy next to them. Some will need more carbs, some less protein etc.

Do the workout that works for you, eat the diet that works for you, take the drugs YOU need, and be consistent and over the course of years you will improve.

I do believe that their are ways that work better/faster than others but eventually they will all get you to the same place.
Its up to you if at the end you want to have things like a wife, kids, or kidneys...

I think its somthing that everybody needs to find what works for them , someguys love the lower volume training some hate it , someguys eat tons of carbs , some can't. You have to figure out what your body wants at a given time and i honestly believe that after a certain time your training needs to change. Ive always trained heavy , lower reps lower volume , now ive swapped over to much higher volume and a bit lighter and i have to admit i havent felt this good about my training is a very long time.

I also agree with the time deal , some guys can blow up and get big as hell taking massive doses but when the stop of back off they lose a ton of the gains , i think this is due to lack of muscle maturity , give big and thick and hold that size for a couple years then see what happens

Exactly

Fucking a man, I'm glad someone else gets it!

This is really all Phil was trying say.
He works his program because it works, and allows yiu to have a life outside of bodybuilding.

Do what kind of lifts make you enjoy working out. Your genetics and response to drugs is going to determine what you look like in the end.

Some people will need more or less drugs than the guy next to them. Some will need more carbs, some less protein etc.

Do the workout that works for you, eat the diet that works for you, take the drugs YOU need, and be consistent and over the course of years you will improve.

I do believe that their are ways that work better/faster than others but eventually they will all get you to the same place.
Its up to you if at the end you want to have things like a wife, kids, or kidneys...

Great post here and Tkav also

Agree, with most of the above as well. In the end consistency day in and day out is what gets you there. Beyond that Genetics will trump the rest for those with superior genetics. More drugs plus more food will eventually equal more size for just about anyone, however that will not mean that it will be a quality physique, genetics determine that. Pretty much anyone can run grams and grams of test, bump the GH and or slin, and eat a ton of food and eventually build alot of muscle...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • Bio
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass