over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training while injured and injecting peptides

JB52

Registered
Just wanted to see, how many of you guys are pinning peptides to help heal injuries and still training through them? I've been suffering from tennis and golfers elbow in my left arm since June and haven't really trained hard except for two weeks since then and it's killing me.

My tendinosis is not bad, I can do everything in normal everyday activities and even work out, it just feels weak and tight at times. My PT doesn't want me working out so this can heal up, but the two week workout stint I did didn't make it worse so I'm thinking I can train through this while avoiding the stuff that hurts. The issue is that it hasn't improved much even when I took off for 3-4 months, and that's why I decided to start pinning peptides this past Tuesday. Just wondering if you guys still train as I would love to but have been told not to. An orthopedic doc I saw said I can do whatever exercises that don't hurt so I'm inclined to go with him but I saw him back in August and the PT is who I'm currently seeing.

Modify

Modify your workouts. If heavy gripping aggravates it, move to machines. Focus on legs core and upper body reps not weight. If it is tendonosis you must work on tissue remodeling! Very important. Lots of info on web about this. I think bpc-157 and cjc DAC combo could do wonders accompanying your PT.

How long have you been training?

One things I've found over the years is that you have to find your own way, to a large degree.

I am not suggesting your question is invalid: not in the least. Great question. You need to ask such questions of guys who have been down this road, digest all that data, but then really listen to your body.

I train through and around many injuries. I get ART and Graston done on a regular basis. I use an equine percussive massage to promote recovery. I try to get good sleep; I eat sensibly. If my overall stress level is high - from work, life, etc - I back off on training.

You start to learn how much you can push yourself, and when you're risking further injury. Go slow; use light weights; monitor how the injury feels. Keep a training log, and note daily how the injury is responding.

Review that log. If you feel that the pain has substantially increased, back off.

Don't look upon the injury as a setback. Look upon it as an opportunity; an opportunity to challenge yourself in new ways, to learn new things, and to take a different path on this journey.

It's not going to impact your results in the long term. If taking 6 weeks completely off from training were to derail your long term results significantly, the implication is that everybody can look like Lee Haney in 3 years. Neither is true.

Modify your workouts. If heavy gripping aggravates it, move to machines. Focus on legs core and upper body reps not weight. If it is tendonosis you must work on tissue remodeling! Very important. Lots of info on web about this. I think bpc-157 and cjc DAC combo could do wonders accompanying your PT.

Since mid June, I've only worked out two weeks in September. I also have a hip stress fracture and was just cleared to start doing bodyweight lunges and start ramping up, so I'm going to focus on legs as I can. I've been doing PT and eccentric exercises, and am almost two weeks into pinning 500mcg of BPC-157 every day and started TB 500 this week at 8mg/week. I have to say that the peptides are making a huge difference, my physical therapist was surprised at how much better my elbow feels, I didn't tell her I'm pinning lol.

Gripping stuff doesn't bother my elbow, it's just certain weird movements. My PT said I can start back up with upper body work, just that I have to use BW exercises at 50% and work up from there.

How long have you been training?

One things I've found over the years is that you have to find your own way, to a large degree.

I am not suggesting your question is invalid: not in the least. Great question. You need to ask such questions of guys who have been down this road, digest all that data, but then really listen to your body.

I train through and around many injuries. I get ART and Graston done on a regular basis. I use an equine percussive massage to promote recovery. I try to get good sleep; I eat sensibly. If my overall stress level is high - from work, life, etc - I back off on training.

You start to learn how much you can push yourself, and when you're risking further injury. Go slow; use light weights; monitor how the injury feels. Keep a training log, and note daily how the injury is responding.

Review that log. If you feel that the pain has substantially increased, back off.

Don't look upon the injury as a setback. Look upon it as an opportunity; an opportunity to challenge yourself in new ways, to learn new things, and to take a different path on this journey.

It's not going to impact your results in the long term. If taking 6 weeks completely off from training were to derail your long term results significantly, the implication is that everybody can look like Lee Haney in 3 years. Neither is true.

I definitely agree you have to find your own way, barbell bench press and back squats result in injuries for me but DB bench and front squats are fine. I'm 25yrs old and have been training since I was 17 but I have a history of injuries and a stomach disease that have repeatedly set me back (like they are now). I have a history of pushing myself too hard in the weight room and I've realized that it is the cause of many of my injuries.

I don't get massages on a regular basis and don't foam roll or stretch much but I'm definitely going to work on my flexibility so I don't suffer any more injuries. I eat well too, I don't really crave junk food and actually have to turn to some in order to eat enough cals to not drop weight due to my stomach disease.

I keep a training log when I'm training and do as you suggest, it's just very frustrating to be injured most of the time. I've literally worked out 6-7 times since mid June and the time off is killing me, I just want to hit the gym hard. I'm learning new things about myself and how to not injure myself going forward, but this elbow is annoying. Thankfully the BPC-157 and TB 500 that I'm pinning are making a big difference 1.5 weeks in, I think in another 1.5 weeks I should be almost 100%. Complete rest has not helped at all, so I think I may start working out again and note if any exercises make my elbow worse and if so, avoid them.

Since mid June, I've only worked out two weeks in September. I also have a hip stress fracture and was just cleared to start doing bodyweight lunges and start ramping up, so I'm going to focus on legs as I can. I've been doing PT and eccentric exercises, and am almost two weeks into pinning 500mcg of BPC-157 every day and started TB 500 this week at 8mg/week. I have to say that the peptides are making a huge difference, my physical therapist was surprised at how much better my elbow feels, I didn't tell her I'm pinning lol.

Gripping stuff doesn't bother my elbow, it's just certain weird movements. My PT said I can start back up with upper body work, just that I have to use BW exercises at 50% and work up from there.

I definitely agree you have to find your own way, barbell bench press and back squats result in injuries for me but DB bench and front squats are fine. I'm 25yrs old and have been training since I was 17 but I have a history of injuries and a stomach disease that have repeatedly set me back (like they are now). I have a history of pushing myself too hard in the weight room and I've realized that it is the cause of many of my injuries.

I don't get massages on a regular basis and don't foam roll or stretch much but I'm definitely going to work on my flexibility so I don't suffer any more injuries. I eat well too, I don't really crave junk food and actually have to turn to some in order to eat enough cals to not drop weight due to my stomach disease.

I keep a training log when I'm training and do as you suggest, it's just very frustrating to be injured most of the time. I've literally worked out 6-7 times since mid June and the time off is killing me, I just want to hit the gym hard. I'm learning new things about myself and how to not injure myself going forward, but this elbow is annoying. Thankfully the BPC-157 and TB 500 that I'm pinning are making a big difference 1.5 weeks in, I think in another 1.5 weeks I should be almost 100%. Complete rest has not helped at all, so I think I may start working out again and note if any exercises make my elbow worse and if so, avoid them.

Most PTs, MDs, etc are going to tell you to stop training - it's part of the lawsuit culture. They tell you to train, you get injured further, your insurance company sues them...

I'm glad the peptides are helping.

Yes, the injury cycle can be frustrating. The last time I seriously trained (as in completing a programmed cycle and competing) was in 2012. However, I've learned a lot about myself in those couple years. I finally ended up taking 20 weeks completely off this year.

Part of my downtime was due to fucked up medications. I went through a simply abysmal period with some anti-spastic medication and a brain-membrane disruptor.

I'm so excited to be feeling healthy enough to train now, it's great. I'm at the point where my work capacity is coming back. I really want to moving heavy weight. But I laid out a 20 week plan, and I know I have to follow it - which means I'm doing lighter weight, higher-rep work for a few weeks, and gradually getting back under heavy weights.

I've learned, at my age, that it's important to think with my brain, not my dick.

Most PTs, MDs, etc are going to tell you to stop training - it's part of the lawsuit culture. They tell you to train, you get injured further, your insurance company sues them...

I'm glad the peptides are helping.

Yes, the injury cycle can be frustrating. The last time I seriously trained (as in completing a programmed cycle and competing) was in 2012. However, I've learned a lot about myself in those couple years. I finally ended up taking 20 weeks completely off this year.

Part of my downtime was due to fucked up medications. I went through a simply abysmal period with some anti-spastic medication and a brain-membrane disruptor.

I'm so excited to be feeling healthy enough to train now, it's great. I'm at the point where my work capacity is coming back. I really want to moving heavy weight. But I laid out a 20 week plan, and I know I have to follow it - which means I'm doing lighter weight, higher-rep work for a few weeks, and gradually getting back under heavy weights.

I've learned, at my age, that it's important to think with my brain, not my dick.

Yea good point about the medical community's recommendation. Sorry to hear about your messed up medications, but good to know you're back to training. If you don't mind me asking you, how old are you? I definitely am going to stick to bodyweight exercises for a couple weeks when I start back up with working out, don't want to try anything excessive right off the bat.

Yea good point about the medical community's recommendation. Sorry to hear about your messed up medications, but good to know you're back to training. If you don't mind me asking you, how old are you? I definitely am going to stick to bodyweight exercises for a couple weeks when I start back up with working out, don't want to try anything excessive right off the bat.

53...I started training when I was, oh, 14? Got really serious about it again at age 45, started competing in strongman, having a blast.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131