over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training while sick?

newyork

Registered
I usually make myself workout when im sick, but the past two days I havent been able to train bc of no energy at all...cant take off work so need to save what umpf ive got to work....what do you fellas usually do in this case???

I don't usually workout when I get sick. You tax your immune system too much. Also I don't want to pass what I have to the rest of the gym.

I usually make myself workout when im sick, but the past two days I havent been able to train bc of no energy at all...cant take off work so need to save what umpf ive got to work....what do you fellas usually do in this case???

Yep, give it a rest, take off 2-3 days drink lots of tea, lemon, honey, and rest.

It can get even worse if you gonna stress it.

I'm assuming you work out at a commercial gym? Please, do everyone that goes to the same gym you do to be HEALTHY...STAY HOME WHEN YOU'RE SICK!!! Don't be so selfish that you pass your germs on to a dozen unsuspecting gym members!! Plus, your body could probably use a few days of downtime to recoup from the illness as well as the punishment you inflict on it!!!

I'm the same as Adam the train, if sick I never train, too much for your immune system to handle.. I would sooner be off a couple of days rather than a week..

I learn't my lesson the hard way went back too early and made my self more ill and then had to take a week off and I missed a friends competition...

I too take it off. I treat it much like an injury. Wait till your healed and hit it hard. I also take bcaa's during these times.

Take off from the gym. Not only to recover but also to respect others in the gym. No one wants to get sick from someone who tried to be tuff and workout while being sick. Having a headache is one things but having something that can spread tot others is another thing.

Lower the calories just a tad depending on how long you need to take off and recover bud.

best of luck

Depends on what type of "sick" we are talking about here..

anything wrong with my stomach / intestines i will NOT work out

throat / cough i WILL work out

headache i will take advil then i WILL work out

if it is not that serious like a bit of a cold or running nose i go, but if it is more serious then dont workout for a few days, you wont loose any muscle in this time

If it's just a light cold I'll be training no matter what. Something like the flu is a completely different story. In that case, time off is important so as not to make matters worse. Taxing the immune system too much can make recovery from the flu VERY difficult.

Get on Humanofort. I have not been sick in 3 years since I started it.

if you are sick, 1 you are taxing the body when its already spent... 2 workout quality and intensity will suffer greatly. You are better off focusing on getting better first

Take some time off I tried to workout sick this week and my workouts for one sucked I did not have the energy or intensity so it was unproductive and it just made me feel worse not to mention your spreading germs to the others that use your gym, I no better but sometimes I get over motivated and don't use common sense

So this is day 3 that I am home from the gym..I had a fever yesterday, and the day before, with serious congestion and throat irritation...not pretty what I been coughing up...still no energy, been making myself eat, no appetite....I wanted to see what you guys do when your sick, I really couldnt workout like this, but I know guys who do...not for me...thanks for the input everyone..

lots of tea and rest this weekend...the wife is sick too, so it works out....

stay up fellas ;)

I always take some time off when I am sick. The most I'll do is go in and get on the treadmill and walk with a sweater not o sweat. Then maybe hit the sauna for a little while, that just makes me feel better. If you understand what is happening when your body is sick it makes more sense to not train. Your body's nervous system is already being taxed trying to fight off whatever illness you have, so training will only dig that hole even deeper. In my younger years i used to be all about 'never missing a workout' , but then I wised up and realized that it was not doing any good in the long run. Shit, some of the beat growth periods I have ever had come after being sick and not working out for a week to 10 days, then i get back in the gym and it seems the body is primed to grow. I am sure the rest has everything to do with it, plus I am far more motivated to train as I have been doing nothing for the last week.

G

Better to stay home ans rest. Plus it wouldn't be fair to possibly get other members ill. I hope you feel better soon!!

If you train while sick it can hinder recovery. I do try to keep nutrition near 100% when I'm ill but may pass on a workout and just get rest.

Recover. Your muscles need a break too.... Breaks for me are a love hate relationship..... They suck... but you'll be glad you took one...

So this is day 3 that I am home from the gym..I had a fever yesterday, and the day before, with serious congestion and throat irritation...not pretty what I been coughing up...still no energy, been making myself eat, no appetite....I wanted to see what you guys do when your sick, I really couldnt workout like this, but I know guys who do...not for me...thanks for the input everyone..

lots of tea and rest this weekend...the wife is sick too, so it works out....

stay up fellas ;)

Sorry to hear it's more than just a cold! I had the same thing a couple of months back...Once I was better, it still took about a month to stop a little nagging cough that seemed like it would never go away!! Hang in there man...A week off won't kill ya'!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131