over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training with a bulged disk in neck

Warrior08

Registered
So Friday morning I woke up in the middle of the night and had this really sharp pain in the left side of my neck. When I got up in the am. I could barely move my neck and my head was cocked to the right. I was also in serve pain.

My chrio is confident it's a bulged disk at c5,6,7

It now makes sense that a few weeks ago, every time I fell a sleep I would wake up with just my pinkies on both hands numb. At the time I thought it was just circulation issues bc I would shake it out and it would go away. This is connected to c7

It also makes sense, bc I have a huge difference between the size of my right and left arms and both c5 and c6 control biceps and triceps.

So I went to my chiropractor and he believes that all the symptoms show that I prob have bulged disks at c5 c6 and c 7. He said this is a very common area for plp to have problems and most plp have bulges in these areas and don't even know.

So I'm taking anti inflammation pills, I'm getting adjusted with ultra sound and I'm stretching. I'm feeling better but still in pain.

The chrio believes I should take a week off from training and let my neck heal and next week I can ease back in.

QUESTION:

Do any of you guys have disks problems and what have u done with your training that prevents them from popping up again?

I believe this is a problem I have had since playing football in college but I believe I tweak it when I lift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive had all five lumbar discs herniated with two annular tears for over a decade plus three herniations in cervical. Herniations are worse than a bulge. Youll b fine just dont train when they flare up and avoid moves that increase pain.

Ive had all five lumbar discs herniated with two annular tears for over a decade plus three herniations in cervical. Herniations are worse than a bulge. Youll b fine just dont train when they flare up and avoid moves that increase pain.

Thanks man. I find that OHP and when ever I drive my head back into the press when I'm doing a bench press or incline tends to flare it up.

It so frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. A belt is a must for me for ANY back exercise. The great thing ive found is it absolutely forces perfect form w everything. No squats or deads for me though and even hacks can cause pain. But w a good belt I can do hacks w minimal pain. Behind neck press are no no for sure as are lat pulls behind neck. Id say every 4-6 months my back goes really bad forcing me to take a week off. I just listen to my body. Thats all u can do bro. No jerky movements either. Make it all smooth and controlled.

So Friday morning I woke up in the middle of the night and had this really sharp pain in the left side of my neck. When I got up in the am. I could barely move my neck and my head was cocked to the right. I was also in serve pain.

My chrio is confident it's a bulged disk at c5,6,7

It now makes sense that a few weeks ago, every time I fell a sleep I would wake up with just my pinkies on both hands numb. At the time I thought it was just circulation issues bc I would shake it out and it would go away. This is connected to c7

It also makes sense, bc I have a huge difference between the size of my right and left arms and both c5 and c6 control biceps and triceps.

So I went to my chiropractor and he believes that all the symptoms show that I prob have bulged disks at c5 c6 and c 7. He said this is a very common area for plp to have problems and most plp have bulges in these areas and don't even know.

So I'm taking anti inflammation pills, I'm getting adjusted with ultra sound and I'm stretching. I'm feeling better but still in pain.

The chrio believes I should take a week off from training and let my neck heal and next week I can ease back in.

QUESTION:

Do any of you guys have disks problems and what have u done with your training that prevents them from popping up again?

I believe this is a problem I have had since playing football in college but I believe I tweak it when I lift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm having a two level cervical fusion at C5-6 and C6-7 in the near future so I am definitely familiar with neck pain and the issues that arise!

So your chiro THINKS thinks it's a bulged disc? Get an MRI or an x-ray at the very least and see what's happening. The fact that he's adjusting you without doing images is a bit sketchy. Numbness in the pinky finger and the one next to it is not uncommon...You don't have to have a neck problem for this to happen.

I'm having a two level cervical fusion at C5-6 and C6-7 in the near future so I am definitely familiar with neck pain and the issues that arise!

So your chiro THINKS thinks it's a bulged disc? Get an MRI or an x-ray at the very least and see what's happening. The fact that he's adjusting you without doing images is a bit sketchy. Numbness in the pinky finger and the one next to it is not uncommon...You don't have to have a neck problem for this to happen.

Yea I should get a x ray to make sure we what the problem is. Is it dangerous he is adjusting me with out knowing for sure?

Ive been dealing with pain in this area for a good year but never had a blow out this bad I think this is a real wake up call Bc I don't want to herniate the disk and be fucked up.

What adjustments have u made to your training and life style to help the problem???

This is great advice. My lumbar cant be touched by chiro bc of how bad it is. Manipulations can worsen my issue. Be careful til u get mri. Xray wont show disc problem. Ull need mri.

Yea I should get a x ray to make sure we what the problem is. Is it dangerous he is adjusting me with out knowing for sure?

Ive been dealing with pain in this area for a good year but never had a blow out this bad I think this is a real wake up call Bc I don't want to herniate the disk and be fucked up.

What adjustments have u made to your training and life style to help the problem???

I had to make a lot of adjustments! My neck got to the point where even doing the simplest things like Hammer Strength bench would cause me problems afterward...When I would bring the weights back and my traps would squeeze together, it would aggravate it. Any type of overhead press causes issues...Trap work, etc. I haven't trained in just over 4 months because I had a two level lumbar fusion, L4-5 & L5-s1, in Dec...Neck is next and hopefully I'll get a new lease on life! My neck is extremely bad...I have moderate to severe bilateral foraminal narrowing (stenosis) on most levels and severe central stenosis at the levels they want to fuse. I get dizzy if I push my head back to far and if I put chin in my chest and then look up, I'll get painful pins and needles in my chest, back, and shoulders...Sometimes up the side of my face too! Chiropractic wasn't something any of my doctors wanted to do for my neck...PT only made it worse. Not good and not fun!!

For you, I would get an MRI just to see how bad it is...Just to know. If my problems were not as severe as they are, I would seek out a chiro that has a decompression table...You can go online or go to a medical supply store and get a cervical traction set...I have one...It mounts on top of a door and you fill the bag with water or sand. Then you sit in a chair and attach the head/chin strap. I don't use mine anymore but something like that might help you over time. Let me know how things progress!

I have dealt worth this very thing not many years ago. I would see a sports ortho doc that specializes in spine and get imaging done. the part the worries me is the fact you have differences in size from one arm to the other. I am guessing that side is also weaker? This + the pain + the numbness is troubling. Exactly the same symptoms I had + I saw a chiro at first too with no progress from that. It all points to some nerve root impingement. I would have it looked at to be careful because the longer those nerve roots stay damaged the less likely you can have a 100% recovery/ nerve root regeneration after it is remedied. It could be a simple fix.

My MRI showed I have a tumor (not cancer than god) inside my spinal cord.
SO, go get the MRI just to find out!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner