over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training with bands

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How many of you guy use bands as part of your training.??

My gym doesn't have the best equipment so I'll use bands on some stuff to change the "load curve" yesterday I tried Meadows rows with a bands and it made a hell of a difference.
I've also found that using them on the chest machines take a huge load off my shoulder as it allows way less weight in the deep stretching position

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_095912658_MP.jpg
    IMG_20210802_095912658_MP.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 17
I use bands a lot. Banded close grip smith press, banded smith jm press, banded smith chest press, banded and reverse banded hacks, reverse banded bench(the only way I’ll bench with a barbell)
Reverse banded squats, banded tricep push downs with a micro mini band, all kinds of stuff

I use them to do drop sets in squats, rack pulls or press, instead of removing weight, I just put the band.

They are also great to finish off getting a burn in shoulder or arm exercises.

I have a large set of the Rogue bands in my home gym, but never used em. I really need to modify my power rack and weld on some pins to attach the bands too. I tend to use 3/4” link chains (65lb per 6’) instead.

Been thinking abt using bands more for stretching and warm ups. But I’d like to add them into my workouts for the variation!!!

Cage

I love using bands on a hack squat, other than that (and for warming up my shoulders) I don’t really use them

I like it too, banded V-squats. Machine is already maxed out but the ‘strength curve’ is very nice, easy on the knees.

I like bands on almost everything! But what I noticed is I gain tons of pure strength, but I also lose stability. So, I have to alternate between bands and chains to keep both.

Of course, that’s just for powerlifting. I don’t imagine that really matters in bodybuilding where you do a ton of different exercises anyways.

I have a thinner pair from Elite and like to use them for standing 1-arm bicep cable curls. I just simply stand on them and hold the band in addition to the cable in my hand. I find this allows me to use more resistance in the stronger part of the movement and keeps less stress off of my tendon in the stretch(bottom) position.

I also like wrapping them around my back for d-bell chest presses and also incline pushups. It adds more resistance at the top of the movement.

25 years ago I bought some big blue bands and used them for suspended benching...my bands would support 135 about a foot from the bench...I found that my shirted bench was almost identical to what I could bench with those bands suspended from my power rack...for example I was able to shirt bench 450 when I could bench 455-475 with the bands...

I've used them a few times at home (e.g., tricep pushdowns). What I like about bands is how smooth they are.

I just started using bands for hack squats and leg presses, really like them and have notice increase in size pretty rapidly.

I just started using bands for hack squats and leg presses, really like them and have notice increase in size pretty rapidly.
I like to use them on rows…keeps you honest!

there is no body English with the bands..just constant tension

I like to use them on rows…keeps you honest!

there is no body English with the bands..just constant tension
Banded hammer strength rows, and banded pendlay rows are awesome. One of my favorite ways is actually really heavily reverse banding an empty barbell in a power rack and rowing it done to you while laying on a bench. Like this but with more band tension

Banded hammer strength rows, and banded pendlay rows are awesome. One of my favorite ways is actually really heavily reverse banding an empty barbell in a power rack and rowing it done to you while laying on a bench. Like this but with more band tension
Kinda like a rack chin???

Kinda like a rack chin???
No. Rack chins are lots of rhomboids and lats, these are essentially like doing a reverse seal row but using bands instead of plates. They absolutely smash my mid back along the spine and I get a lot of upper back activation. On a side note….seal rows are hands down my favorite overall back movement

Love the narration lol
“Guys, lemme tell you, this shit feels fucking amazing”

I have to try this

I have to try this
They feel fantastic man. They have a lot of carryover to bench pressing for powerlifters to because it’s literally the opposite motion of a bench press. Same form. It makes tou very efficient at lowering a heavy barbell and using your mats to build up tension for the press. Make sure and get a good half to OME second squeeze in the contracted position. And you gotta do them pretty explosively or you’ll never be able to touch your chest

I have sets with grips and then the regular Rogue style. They are awesome for stabilizer muscles and adding into a burnout.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131