over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training with cannabis?

tr46

Registered
Newbies
Many athletes st the state level are training high and they tell me it helps with mind muscle connection and they can tune world out better is this a nationwide thing? In Midwest must know 40 athletes who are doing it seems like could be dangerous, but just curious not judging..

The mental gymnastics people do to justify getting high is hilarious.

You wanna get high go ahead smoke up johnny, but don’t bullshit me and try to say it has any benefits to anything other than you enjoying sensory deprivation.

LOL I do this all the time.

Try it Francis before you shit all over it.
I know several BBers who do the same thing. Mind muscle connection is just better.
Tougher to get to that fight or flight feeling when i really need to PR...but much better for a pump and just feeeling everything.

Man I’ve tried years ago and it didn’t work so hot for me… but these were the days of regular weed you bought what was there and usually didn’t have the choice of upper sativa or low indica. If I’m high all I want to do is lay on the lazy boy and try to find something to watch on the tube for the 3 hours scanning the whole time no motivation period and then eat, tried adderral once at gym and that was terrible too

I’ll be dead honest, I used to be a big time smoker, got lots of friends in the industry... Let me be the first to admit whenever I’d get high before the gym it’s just because I wanted to get high...

I guess the music in my headphones was better and I felt good/better which may attribute to some positive effects, but the honest to god truth was I just wanted to get high lol...

I don’t know fellas, you like to get high go for it. You’re grown men it’s not my place to tell you what to do and I’m certainly not judging anyone for it but it’s going to take quite the leap of faith to justify it because it helps with working out.

I don’t have a problem with smoking weed, don’t get me wrong I’ve been inside plenty of grow houses and even the ones certified as “organic” dump half a dozen different bottles marked with a skull and crossbones in those pots but that’s not the issue I would point out with it. My issue with weed is that I’ve seen it destroy a lot of young guys lives, guys who have nothing going for them in life and have no aspiration of helping themselves or anyone around them because all they need to do is smoke some weed and then hey life is good even if they don’t have a pot to piss in. That and the industry here in Michigan is disgusting but that’s a whole other topic.

But the fact alone that you’re going to the gym and putting effort into something means that isn’t the case with anyone specifically here.

I don’t know fellas, you like to get high go for it. You’re grown men it’s not my place to tell you what to do and I’m certainly not judging anyone for it but it’s going to take quite the leap of faith to justify it because it helps with working out.

I don’t have a problem with smoking weed, don’t get me wrong I’ve been inside plenty of grow houses and even the ones certified as “organic” dump half a dozen different bottles marked with a skull and crossbones in those pots but that’s not the issue I would point out with it. My issue with weed is that I’ve seen it destroy a lot of young guys lives, guys who have nothing going for them in life and have no aspiration of helping themselves or anyone around them because all they need to do is smoke some weed and then hey life is good even if they don’t have a pot to piss in. That and the industry here in Michigan is disgusting but that’s a whole other topic.

But the fact alone that you’re going to the gym and putting effort into something means that isn’t the case with anyone specifically here.
Nobody has ever destroyed their life because of weed, Nancy.

I don’t like training while absolutely blazed, but if you’ve got just a bit of a buzz it really is weird how much more you can feel the muscle working. And if I stay high later on it’s like you have this weird pump/connection feeling to that specific muscle all day. I mostly only smoke 10 or so minutes before meals and to help me sleep, but a little before training arms of shoulders feels really nice. I don’t like being high when trying to squat or do anything heavy though

Ain’t no way I could get high and workout. I just get completely lazy and wanna lay around after I smoke. I’d be afraid I drop the bar on myself!!!!

Cage

But your all for cool sculpting, epo and any other quick fix ?

smoke pot daily now for heck... more than half my life. so 22+ years
placed high in shows when i competed, got married have kids, own 2 business's, make 6 digits a year... i dont believe its held me back one bit.
my wife calls it my medicine. w out it my ocd and obsessiveness is not comfortable to be around lol

now ask me if alcohol has caused me probs..... yes.
pot never.

this thread about to get locked lol

but, as a daily user, I would honestly never condone cannabis use to someone just looking for... what... a pre-workout? and honestly I got to where I preferred training 'sober' so to speak, although cannabis certainly has a place; the mind muscle connection can be amazing. however, cannabis is still not harmless and telling you, "yea just smoke a bowl before your workout bro" would be very irresponsible of me as obviously everyone responds differently

I use it as a tune up for other things; namely crippling anxiety, adhd and ocd behavior and honestly don't recommend it for those things, either, because results can be so variable and honestly CAN turn the wrong person into a useless stoner. initially, I took slight umbrage towards @FrancisK, but the truth is those things can happen. it's also up in the air whether cannabis can exacerbate some mental afflictions like schizophrenia

I don’t like training while absolutely blazed, but if you’ve got just a bit of a buzz it really is weird how much more you can feel the muscle working. And if I stay high later on it’s like you have this weird pump/connection feeling to that specific muscle all day. I mostly only smoke 10 or so minutes before meals and to help me sleep, but a little before training arms of shoulders feels really nice. I don’t like being high when trying to squat or do anything heavy though
Exactly this. The point is to use a therapeutic/functional dose. A dose that enhances your training.
If you're looking for recreational effects, then dose accordingly, but maybe stay away from the weights.
I've taken a 10mg edible and been 'ripped!' My mind was everywhere else but training.
If I do smoke before a training session, then I'll usually smoke on 1/3 mix of cbd domaint strain.. a sativa strain and an indica strain.
That way you get the mental(sativa) and body(indica) high.. While toning the THC down with some CBD.

And yes.. you definitely feel an increased mind/muscle connection.. There is also a HIGHER pain threshold.. I think someone said lower pain threshold.. Maybe they meant HIGHER.

Couple weeks ago before a 6mile run I smoked a 1gm sativa pre-roll I picked up at the dispensary.
On mile 6 I felt so good, no pain, 1000% in a zone... I just kept going for another 6.
In total I ran 2hrs averaging just below 10min mile. After that I still managed 4x50 pushups and 4x25 pull ups.
Was also loaded up on 30mg halo.

Ain’t no way I could get high and workout. I just get completely lazy and wanna lay around after I smoke. I’d be afraid I drop the bar on myself!!!!

Cage
probably smoking on low grade weed thats been sitting out in someones hot shed.. or worse.
try weed thats been cured properly, and you'd probably have a different experience.

Exactly this. The point is to use a therapeutic/functional dose. A dose that enhances your training.
If you're looking for recreational effects, then dose accordingly, but maybe stay away from the weights.
I've taken a 10mg edible and been 'ripped!' My mind was everywhere else but training.
If I do smoke before a training session, then I'll usually smoke on 1/3 mix of cbd domaint strain.. a sativa strain and an indica strain.
That way you get the mental(sativa) and body(indica) high.. While toning the THC down with some CBD.

And yes.. you definitely feel an increased mind/muscle connection.. There is also a HIGHER pain threshold.. I think someone said lower pain threshold.. Maybe they meant HIGHER.

Couple weeks ago before a 6mile run I smoked a 1gm sativa pre-roll I picked up at the dispensary.
On mile 6 I felt so good, no pain, 1000% in a zone... I just kept going for another 6.
In total I ran 2hrs averaging just below 10min mile. After that I still managed 4x50 pushups and 4x25 pull ups.
Was also loaded up on 30mg halo.

and they wonder why it's banned in the Olympics lol because anyone who knows, knows that in the right context, it's legitimate sports enhancement

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear