over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training with Lupus

teslacsten

Registered
I just found out that I have lupus, I was curious to know if anyone else trains with it? If so, what kind of supps. do you take (gear wise)? If you take nothing or know what to stay away from that would be appreciated. Thanks for any tips or knowledge you could share.

Bump. I know someone else has this, I just found out Wed. and I know others have it. You are tired all the time, big swelling occurs in ankles and wrists along with knees etc. You have good days and bad days. I was tired and just passing out all the time during the day and sometimes had seizures. You feel crappy and depressed most everyday and lack energy. You get the idea especially if you've been diagnosed. I was just curious about the workouts you use now or if you even changed a thing.

I just found out that I have lupus, I was curious to know if anyone else trains with it? If so, what kind of supps. do you take (gear wise)? If you take nothing or know what to stay away from that would be appreciated. Thanks for any tips or knowledge you could share.

Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease. Some people are born with a tendency toward developing lupus, which may be triggered by infections, stress, certain drugs or even sunlight,is no cure for lupus, you can kip it under control by taking some natural supplement. I do have a few customers with lupus doing very well.

Here is the supplement that can help:

Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Shown to curb inflammation, omega-3 fatty acids have been found to improve symptoms in lupus patients in several studies.

Anti-inflammatory herbs like ginger and turmeric may be especially helpful for lupus patients suffering from arthritic symptoms.

Humanofort.

Colloidal silver serves as a natural cure for lupus symptoms that offers helpful antibacterial, antifungal, and antiarthritic properties.

Are you taking steroids? (not the gear ones, I mean prednisone)

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis brother. I have a condition that puts me at certain risk as well but like me, you will find a way to cope and train around it. Stay strong and we're all wishing you the best :cool:

More questions on lupus

Well, it finally came calling. I already had seizures and have just came home from the hospital after a month in icu and then picu. I eventually ended up with pleurisy and clogged arteries. I am just glad to be here and appreciate the prayers and response from Mr. Delczig, thank you. I am slowly getting better, but its tough going from 20 years of hard ass work and everything else you all understand it takes to be 6' 290# down to 220# in a few months. I no longer desire to be that big, but the gym is my own little escape from reality. I would be open to any training suggestions that I could do safely to build my lungs and strength up slowly and just slightly. I believe they have my medications close, I just can't get and keep all the fluid out of my lungs. If anyone has had pleurisy they can definately relate. Any ideas and/or help would be much appreciated. Thanks my fellow brothers in our passion.

I wish I had the knowledge that could steer you in the right direction but I don't. I just wanted to tell you to stay strong and keep up the fight! Let us know how you're doing!!

My name is Emily and I am the wife of "Ubermensch". I am a registered nurse and I am an infusion nurse in a rheumatology practice. A good percentage of my patients come in diagnosed with SLE (lupus) and I know the effects taking the wrong supplements may have concerning health. One of the biggest aspects with SLE is taking extraordinary care of your kidneys. Any nephrotoxic medication can cause further damage of the kidneys, which throw off your electrolytes and can have detrimental effects on the blood pressure and can cause the signs and symptoms of SLE to worsen. Natural supplements are ok, in moderation depending on the stage of lupus you are in. Steroids and growth hormone I would be very cautious with as this can not only cause problems with the kidneys, but liver and pancreas as well. The key to controlling lupus is to prevent the "BLISS" cells from causing the inflammation to begin with, and when your vital organ systems or harmed or altered in a negative way the BLISS cells will become greater and cause more harm. So lots of research and self monitoring (BP, blood glucose, respirations) is always a plus. Having CRP, sed rate, C3 and C4, and a CBC at your physician's office is the most specific way to keep track of renal/liver functioning. I hope this helps.

No. That shit makes me sick mentally and physically.

Prednisone is an unfortunately necessary evil. Taking too much will cause severe mood swings, insomnia, higher blood pressure, higher blood sugar, and even though your inflammation symptoms may decrease the side effects are even worse to deal with. Taking a lower dosage may help decrease the inflammation from SLE, but take it in the morning or in the afternoon, if you do end up taking it. IF you take it at night you will be up all night ready to crawl up the walls. Again, with prednisone, you will need to watch your blood pressure and blood sugar, but if given the right dose can make you feel a lot better. (Emily)

Emily thank you for the information

Emily, I really appreciate your response very much. I am taking prednisone and my body is accepting it well. I quickly learned about the night time dose and everything you said was point on with the best rheumatologist in the country. I went to Johns Hopkins after getting out of picu at the IU med center in indianaplis. Thank you for your time and concern. Now I know who to communicate with in the future. Tell your husband thank you as well. Good people, with intelligent information. Thanks for everyones support and help.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear