over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training With the Wife- Update 3... She's Lost SEVEN dress sizes

myosin

Kilo Klub Member
Training With the Wife- Update 3... She's Lost SEVEN dress sizes (added pics)

Here is the original post of when I first started training with her, so I can forgo a lot of explanation.... http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...rum/58638-working-out-wife-my-experience.html

Update- this past late summer, my wife and I "kicked it up a notch" in our training and she in particular has really beared down more and more on her diet. I have her following the same principles as myself... eat when hungry, use LBA's and coconut oil a couple times a day, eat's only fruits and vege's for carbs. The only "fat-burner" she uses is only 1/2 ephedrine tab and 1/2 caffeine (12.5mg, 100 mg respectively) one to two times a day about 5 days a week.

While she has lost TWENTY pounds, she is A LOT stronger... uses 40# dumb bells on the decline, 35# plates on the squat at a good depth, and can now dip her own body weight three times (pretty good for a "girl" I think). So, even though she lost 20#, I'm gathering she has lost more fat than that as she does 3-4 days of weights so I'm sure she has gained a lot more muscle... her arms are SOLID, you can see the sweep on her quads start to come out now her stomach is flat.

While she has learned not to go by the scale we follow it just to kind of "guide" at times, but not focus. Her goal is drop another twenty pounds. She is now a size 4, but wants to get to a size 0.

So, as the title states, she has dropped SEVEN dress sizes... she's ecstatic... every other night there is a "fashion show" at our place of her trying on all her pre-baby clothes hahaha... I think she looks GREAT, she FEELS GREAT too, very proud of herself.

I'm hoping in mid-January to post some before/after photos', but probably with workout clothes as she would be too embarrased otherwise.

Last edited:
doesnt it feel awsome when someone you love or friends with make continous incredible gains? especially if you are involved in that process.

nice feedback

sounds like she caught on, or the iron bug bit her lol

and those weights shes lifting are impressive

Congrats! That is awesome.
How long ago did she have the baby?

Thanks...

doesnt it feel awsome when someone you love or friends with make continous incredible gains? especially if you are involved in that process.

nice feedback

sounds like she caught on, or the iron bug bit her lol

and those weights shes lifting are impressive
ED2... she is ADDICTED now, haha, seriously, she HAS to go... she PUSHES herself man, get's a pump, grunts, it's fun!

Congrats! That is awesome.
How long ago did she have the baby?

She had our son two years ago. She didn't really work out all that much after wards, then when she did, it was either not routine and/or not with any intensity and her diet wasn't that in check, she was afraid of the weights, etc etc.

Love to hear these success stories, thanks for sharing! And tell your wife that there are a lot of PM members extremely impressed with her drive and dedication!

S W E E T !!

This is good to hear man. I myself will be taking the wife with me starting ion Jan.

We have some weights and cardio machine at home, her diet is now in full check and she ready to move forward.

Great story

Chip

that is awesome man, congrats for her and you

It is very cool. A bond very deep, that can't be shared by other couples. also an understanding of our "lifestyle" goes along with the struggle.

Workout with my wife 2-3x per week. She is on maternity leave now, and we have been training together everyday. The only training partner that will actually show up, and understand the everyday, everyday, if you know what i mean by that.
-c

Good job - always happy to hear these type of success stories.

Great post...!
This is the stuff I like to hear. Congrats to both of you :D

Here is the original post of when I first started training with her, so I can forgo a lot of explanation.... http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...rum/58638-working-out-wife-my-experience.html

Update- this past late summer, my wife and I "kicked it up a notch" in our training and she in particular has really beared down more and more on her diet. I have her following the same principles as myself... eat when hungry, use LBA's and coconut oil a couple times a day, eat's only fruits and vege's for carbs. The only "fat-burner" she uses is only 1/2 ephedrine tab and 1/2 caffeine (12.5mg, 100 mg respectively) one to two times a day about 5 days a week.

While she has lost TWENTY pounds, she is A LOT stronger... uses 40# dumb bells on the decline, 35# plates on the squat at a good depth, and can now dip her own body weight three times (pretty good for a "girl" I think). So, even though she lost 20#, I'm gathering she has lost more fat than that as she does 3-4 days of weights so I'm sure she has gained a lot more muscle... her arms are SOLID, you can see the sweep on her quads start to come out now her stomach is flat.

While she has learned not to go by the scale we follow it just to kind of "guide" at times, but not focus. Her goal is drop another twenty pounds. She is now a size 4, but wants to get to a size 0.

So, as the title states, she has dropped SEVEN dress sizes... she's ecstatic... every other night there is a "fashion show" at our place of her trying on all her pre-baby clothes hahaha... I think she looks GREAT, she FEELS GREAT too, very proud of herself.I'm hoping in mid-January to post some before/after photos', but probably with workout clothes as she would be too embarrased otherwise.

THATS LOVE BRO!!! LIKE TO HEAR THINGS LIKE THAT.

Awesome work...both of you. Its great to hear about other couples that have successes. It seems, for a reason that I can't understand or explain, that so many gym rats go at it alone and have no support from spouse at all..especially when the lifter is a female....

If someone had told me that a couple years ago I would have laughed...I train with and coach my wife who is national level competitor and we are amazed by how many people, especially other competitors, come talk to us and say we are so lucky as they have no spousal support.

So you are a unique couple with a special bond and I'm sure the training together makes every day life better..

Great for you guys and continued success..

real impressive and inspirational. Id love to get my gf to workout with me, not that she doesnt workout (shes a trainer and workouts 5 days a week), shes embarrassed and scared that she would slow me down.

So if you dont mind me asking, did you deal with this at first? If so how did you make your wife comfortable with working out with you and reassure her that it would affect your workouts, etc.

Thanks...

Love to hear these success stories, thanks for sharing! And tell your wife that there are a lot of PM members extremely impressed with her drive and dedication!

I appreciate tommy, yes, she is actually quite happy with how many people are happy for her!

It is very cool. A bond very deep, that can't be shared by other couples. also an understanding of our "lifestyle" goes along with the struggle.

Workout with my wife 2-3x per week. She is on maternity leave now, and we have been training together everyday. The only training partner that will actually show up, and understand the everyday, everyday, if you know what i mean by that.
-c

haha, yes, I do get you CM, it does help A LOT in SEVERAL area's :)

That is good news. It’s great to have a mate who is into working out.

So does my wife and I can’t, in many ways, keep up. She, God bless her
soul, is a real motivator for me, motivates me by example, to do things I
would not otherwise do; be they physical, intellectual, or emotional.

Like AD said, you are a lucky man. You both must be very proud.

I hear you Al... my wife can smoke me on her rest periods, I have to work harder when she's there! :) That's great you have an "all-around" wife like that, I too am quite humbled by her in MANY ways.

real impressive and inspirational. Id love to get my gf to workout with me, not that she doesnt workout (shes a trainer and workouts 5 days a week), shes embarrassed and scared that she would slow me down.

So if you dont mind me asking, did you deal with this at first? If so how did you make your wife comfortable with working out with you and reassure her that it would affect your workouts, etc.

Thanks for asking Workhard... sure, n/p..
- time: actually, it only adds maybe 5-10 minutes extra (she does her set, I do mine, switch, etc), so really, it kind of helps set a pace somewhat

- at first: I made sure to be VERY PATIENT in explaining "how" "why" "what"... while my Wife is VERY "tough" she's VERY sensitive how I talk to her and the like, so the first couple weeks were just an "introductory period" for her and us

- reassurance: make her feel wanted, "Hon, I NEVER work out with ANYBODY, but I really want to share this part of my life with YOU"... really, just positive feedback right away after the workout... driving home, "Wow, that was great, I really liked having you with me... having you there helps me push myself even more, etc"... just reinforcing her positive contribution

And, you're at an advantage with your gf already being fairly "exposed" and comfortable with the weights in general... she just have to get used to a few different movements, but with her athleticism she should catch on fairly quick!

Hope it goes well for you :)

thanks to everyone else for all the great feedback.

Awsome work ...she has a great trainer..Post up those pics

That is good news. It’s great to have a mate who is into working out.

So does my wife and I can’t, in many ways, keep up. She, God bless her
soul, is a real motivator for me, motivates me by example, to do things I
would not otherwise do; be they physical, intellectual, or emotional.

Like AD said, you are a lucky man. You both must be very proud.

I agree. Congrats myosin! Start of with baby steps and things will become easier and it will boost her self esteem and feel good about herself. Bodybuilding is about life changing for the better. Good post Alfresco! One of the most intelligent man on the board.

Very nice to hear.
Too many times I listen to my friends confide that they are no longer attracted to their wives post baby.This is what they should be doing.Don't push her away,bring her closer and be fit together.Good job

That is great Myosin Congrats. Very inspiring.

I have a slightly, teensy, tiny concern. Isn't Size Zero invisible? :)

Wow, that's awsome Myosin. No way would my wife work out with me or she would make me take her zumba classes and that ain't gonna happen. :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131