over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training with wife or GF

bain1

Registered
Does anyone else have their wife or girlfriend as their training partner. I have been training with my wife for almost 2 years. At first I didn't think it would work because of the strength difference, but now I love it. It really pumps me up to watch her improve and see her strength increase. Plus, she takes it very seriously and that makes a big difference. I've trained with big guys that just werent into and it killed the vibe.

BTW, She's pretty damned hot IMO, so that adds a little to the workout

My wife is my favorite training partner. She always trains with focused intensity and that motivates me to work hard. She knows how to push me. There is no fooling her, she knows if I'm training hard or not.

She and I met at a gym and started dating while training together for a local powerlifting meet. Her total qualified her for nationals at her very first meet. Probably not the most romantic move, but I actually proposed to her in a squat rack right after she had finished a giant set of leg extensions, leg presses, and front squats. I figured it was my best chance to get a "Yes" since she had very little oxygen going to her brain at the time..... :)

Probably not the most romantic move, but I actually proposed to her in a squat rack right after she had finished a giant set of leg extensions, leg presses, and front squats. I figured it was my best chance to get a "Yes" since she had very little oxygen going to her brain at the time..... :)

lmao :D

My wife is my favorite training partner. She always trains with focused intensity and that motivates me to work hard. She knows how to push me. There is no fooling her, she knows if I'm training hard or not.

She and I met at a gym and started dating while training together for a local powerlifting meet. Her total qualified her for nationals at her very first meet. Probably not the most romantic move, but I actually proposed to her in a squat rack right after she had finished a giant set of leg extensions, leg presses, and front squats. I figured it was my best chance to get a "Yes" since she had very little oxygen going to her brain at the time..... :)

That's really cool. A passion for working out creates a strong bond and is a great thing to have in common.

Not a big fan of it, it's pretty much the only hour in my day where I can be in a zone and be left alone, it's "My Time."

However, I will make a separate trip to the gym and help her out.

I work harder and am more focused when I train with the wifey. She trains with more intensity than 95% of the guys in the gym. We push eachother to new levels all the time. Couldn't ask for a better partner. She's not worth much when it comes to spotting though lol

met my gfriend at gym, occasionally we train together

Training w/ the wife

I don't train with mine but she is there with me fairly often doing her own workout. I'm not a fan of it because she usually thinks that all the females are trying to hit on me so I spend time trying to let her know that I'm not interested when I should just be focused on hitting the weights.

MsKH and I have trained together a lot over the years. She is as serious as a heart-attack. In recent months we have gone in different directions with training-styles. However we are still in the gym together and I frequently stop to watch her :eek: perfect execution and ass busting pace. I really admire it. She is always sweat-soaked and NEVER removes her headphones to partake in a conversation. She rarely makes eye contact with anyone and normally has a snarl :mad: on her face rotating thru various supersets.

My gf & I train together on days I'm not going too heavy

I work harder and am more focused when I train with the wifey. She trains with more intensity than 95% of the guys in the gym. We push eachother to new levels all the time. Couldn't ask for a better partner. She's not worth much when it comes to spotting though lol

I know exactly what u mean! A 150lb db has to be respected a little more when u only weight 120 soaking wet.

Have been in the gym for over 20 years and never had a serious workout partner until I started working out w my current gf. She is a national level figure competitor and works out harder than the majority of guys so it works out good.

No legs together though because I am not loading/unloading 10-20 plates off the leg press machine every set! LOL

My wife and I train together and have done so almost since the time we first started dating. I actually first met her while she was working out at a gym we both were members of. She is without a doubt one of the best training partners that I've had.

We go together, but we have two different goals and workout styles. She does a lot of core stuff and I do big compound movements. She does help me out w a spot when I need one. My wife is also hot, and has a visible 6 pack 12 months out of the year. She's looking at doing a fitness contest, we should start a thread of our wives and have a PM wifey contest.

My girlfriend is small and not a fitness obsessed person like myself. She goes around and does all of the machines, runs on the eliptical and then she is finished. No free weights, no way she could spot me, so no we don't work out together. We don't even go to the gym at the same time because we'd never finish anywhere near eachother and it would be annoying to sit there and wait on one another. She has asked me to time and time again but she also understands that I am focused on my work out and not anything else and that I prefer to do it alone, which is great.

I know exactly what u mean! A 150lb db has to be respected a little more when u only weight 120 soaking wet.

Have been in the gym for over 20 years and never had a serious workout partner until I started working out w my current gf. She is a national level figure competitor and works out harder than the majority of guys so it works out good.

No legs together though because I am not loading/unloading 10-20 plates off the leg press machine every set! LOL

When my wife and I leg press together I just do mine one leg at a time so we don't have to unload and reload.

Mechanics, leverage, and plenty of equipment...

G- I bet you can get alot more out of your GF spotting if you can teach her a few tricks on body mechanics and leverage... too many people try to "muscle" the spot but alot can get done just by angling the hips a certain way, or locking the arms in place and using the legs to push the weight up, etc... also where exactly her hand placement is will help.

For example- say you're doing declines. She can keep her arms somewhat locked at a 90 degree angle, hands under your elbows, and then squat up and down to move the weight better... and so on for other movements. I'm a nurse and sometimes when we have to roll a 200lb dead-weight patient, I can usually roll them over and hold all by myself for an extended amount of time while the other does whatever is needed (dressing change, sponge bath, etc) simply by dropping my hips and letting my own weight leverage them over.

For squats, we just grab the side by side squat racks and go at it... it's great.

And this right here is one of the reasons I need me a fitness babe for a gf. Other reason would be the hot body that comes along with it.

We do when my schedule allow which isn't often except for legs but I gotta say she pushes me harder than most guys I have ever trained with. I think because she acutally wants me to succed and push harder when most male partners only care abut themsleves .And we do train legs on a semi contant basis and let u tell me she let's me know when I'm don't with squats not the oger way around lol.

We do when my schedule allow which isn't often except for legs but I gotta say she pushes me harder than most guys I have ever trained with. I think because she acutally wants me to succed and push harder when most male partners only care abut themsleves .And we do train legs on a semi contant basis and let u tell me she let's me know when I'm don't with squats not the oger way around lol.

I use to when we were both in college together, very busy and had no free time to hang out, so we lifted together to spend time together. It was good in the beginning, but then it started to get distracting so we had to stop training together. It was def good a good thing if you can keep the relationship aspect out of it so to say.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear