over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

training without a partner

bbg420

Registered
ok I always have trained with a partner because I like lifting to failure, but lately my partner has been inconsistent with the gym and I cant rely on him anymore ,my question is, there are lots of exercises I can lift to max without a partner ,but bb bench press and bb military press, you need a spotter, now if I switch to db bench and db military, I can still lift to failure ,I simply let the dumbells fall to my side, cant do that with bb, now switching to dumbells will that hurt me at all in building muscle ,I still lift to faliure

I utilize the smith for benching so I can fail without a partner. I prefer to lift alone.

I utilize the smith for benching so I can fail without a partner. I prefer to lift alone.

god ive heard bad things about the smith, do you think smiths would be better then free weight dumbells

I do both.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

ya I think im gonna do same ,smith bb bench, as far as military press, if I stand up instead of seated ,problem solved right there and for squats, im gonna max out on smith squats, plus do regular bb squats just lighter higher reps, no question smiths build muscle, just don't wanna injure myself by using only smiths, the only exercises you would have to use a smith to max out is bb bench, seated bb militarys, bb squat and close grip bb bench, everything else free weight to max

Last edited:
I "grew up" using dumbells for benching. I think they work fine, especially for helping us improve our stabilizer muscles/tendons. If I want to do heavy work that isolates the pecs better I like the hammer strength machines.

Just adjust the safeties In a power rack - can go to failure all day safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you should know when you "only have ONE MORE"

ive had many training "partners" over the years...
but most of the time i train alone...

why would i want to depend on someone else for my success..???

:cool:

maybe you need to try some EQ。 Equipoise is used by athletes and bodybuilders to increase endurance, muscle mass and the production of red blood cells in the body. It is best known for providing slow but steady gains during bulking cycles (usually called the EQgains). EQ can be used in dosages ranging from 200mg to 600mg per week for as long as 12 weeks.

In recent years, equipoise has become a favorite among powerlifters and is considered by coaches as an ideal replacement for deca durabolin. This is primarily because the quality of muscle mass and strength gains that are experienced while on equipoise happen without the nasty side effects of deca. Also, EQ has a positive effect on the circulation of blood in the body; allowing for maximum blood flood to muscles during intense training sessions.

After my heavy sets, my drop sets are barely 30 seconds apart X 10.
You cant have a partner while doing 5 minute sets...
Does not work well with supers either.

maybe you need to try some EQ。 Equipoise is used by athletes and bodybuilders to increase endurance, muscle mass and the production of red blood cells in the body. It is best known for providing slow but steady gains during bulking cycles (usually called the EQgains). EQ can be used in dosages ranging from 200mg to 600mg per week for as long as 12 weeks.

In recent years, equipoise has become a favorite among powerlifters and is considered by coaches as an ideal replacement for deca durabolin. This is primarily because the quality of muscle mass and strength gains that are experienced while on equipoise happen without the nasty side effects of deca. Also, EQ has a positive effect on the circulation of blood in the body; allowing for maximum blood flood to muscles during intense training sessions.

What the hell does this have to do with his post???????

Learn to Utalize Machines,Dumbells Ect. You should never have to rely on someone else for you to be successful. If you want to progress then you should be able to motivate yourself. I always get great workouts by myself. Me my headphones and mind muscle connection.

Going for that last rep without a spot should release adrenalin, hgh and a host of other hormones,
All trying to keep you alive!
The best Rep of the workout!

Bodybuilding to me is a "Lone Wolf" sport. You do things your way. Trying to work out schedules, reps, weights, injury work arounds etc. is a pain in the butt. If they are late showing up, it screws up everything. And life happens, if something in your day comes up, you have to drop out and possibly miss working out that body part until the next rotation.

When I go heavy, I either do the machines or ask for spots. So far I haven't yet had a serious injury. Not saying I couldn't be "bigger" with a workout partner pushing me but I'm happy with the results.

I have had great workout partners in the past, so not knocking it, but I much prefer going Lone Wolf nowadays.

not too bright.....:lightbulb:

ya ive always seen people doing machines only they are injury prone, that would be like if I gave up all free weights and used only smith machines just begging for injury, my buddy came from planet fitness lol ,using all smith machines bragging about 400lb bench, we put that same weight on free weight bench ,his arms folded like a lawn chair, it basically fell on him pretty much

you should know when you "only have ONE MORE"

:cool:

tenny it may seem like that, but I cant tell you how many times my mind is saying your done rack it but my training partner says come on one more, then again, one time I pushed out 3 more reps when my mind is saying your done, in all truth, I miss working out with my buddy, we both had awesome free weight only workouts til im holding back puke lol ,god I miss that and with that other person there, its that silent competition between us, just brings out the best in both of us, but I cant depend on other people anymore ,but in truth, I miss that

Staff online

• Bio
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar