over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training?

Hottt and I were training the traditional 4 days per week but recently switched to 6 days per week.

Day 1,4: Chest/shoulders/triceps/calves
Day 2,5: Back/biceps/forearms/abs
Day 3,6: legs/calves

cardio 4 days per week 15-20 minutes

What sort of set/ rep scheme do you use? What kinds of exercises?

What sort of set/ rep scheme do you use? What kinds of exercises?

What we're doing is one week 15-20 reps, next week 10-12 reps and the following week 5-7 reps....usually 3-5 sets per bodypart.

Exercises varies but sticking to the basics pretty much.
chest: incline bench, decline bench
shoulders: seated military press, clean and press
triceps: close grip, skull crushers
back: straight bar pullups, underhand grip pulldowns
inverted pullups, reverse grip rows
shrugs
bicpes: db curls, preacher curls
legs: ext, curls, leg press, front squats, lunges, adductor machine

We're going to play around with this for about 4-6 weeks and see how we like it. Its a hell of a lot harder than i thought it was going to be.

That sounds pretty interesting, Main. How long have you guys been doing this? Have you noticed anything positive from it yet? Do you guys track your weights and sets, or just go more by feel?

Hey Main and Ibeser

i have been doin that routine Main is doing for awhile now, except my reps were 6-9. works pretty good, great strength gains

What we're doing is one week 15-20 reps, next week 10-12 reps and the following week 5-7 reps....usually 3-5 sets per bodypart.

shrugs

We're going to play around with this for about 4-6 weeks and see how we like it. Its a hell of a lot harder than i thought it was going to be.

I used this progressive training back coming off a 2 year injury and trying to get back in shape ASAP to get ready to play minor league baseball.......Its awsome and in 4 months I was back to where I was 2 years ago and better.....I really like that scheme....

What are your rest periods in between sets? I took more rest in between the 15 reppers like 1 minute and was down to 30-45 for the 5-7.....I don't know it was 8 years ago when I did this so its a little hazy...I need to bring out my old log book....LOL....

5 days a week. one Body art per day. Mon - Fri with Sat, Sun off. I use a high volume (5 sets, 4-5 exercises per body part) heavy weight approach. Pyramid the sets up in weight and down on reps. I use a 10-5 reps scheme. I always aim to hit 5 reps on the heaviest sets. Once in a while to test strength I will do some 1 rep max work. Making great progress at this point. Injuries are always a worry when working at you upper li mits so a strict attention to form is a must. No cardio at the moment. Supplementing with LBA's and dropping BF while maintaining Body weight. Measurement are on the rise!

That sounds pretty interesting, Main. How long have you guys been doing this? Have you noticed anything positive from it yet? Do you guys track your weights and sets, or just go more by feel?

We just started it this week so its too early to tell. We went through a different phase every week for a while before we started this. One week would be 5x5, next week HIT style, next week Milos style, next week rest-pause, etc. It was fun and always different......kept the boredom to a minimum.

We're going to be giving this a run for about 4-6 weeks then switch it up to 5 days per week with volume probably.

I am usually big on volume but I just changed my routine to shock my system.

Day1-Chest/Bi's
Day2-Quads/Clvs
Day3-Back(width)/Traps
Day4-Delts/Tri's
Day5-Back(thickness)/Hams
Day6-OFF
Day7-Repeat

On compound movements I'm doing three sets 10,8,6.

I'll be following this routine for six total weeks before I change it and give my joints a break.

Late last year I was doing this

WK 1
day 1 - upper (chest,back,bri's,tri's,forearms,abs)
day 2 - lower (quads,hams,shoulders,traps,calves)
day 3 - upper
day 4 - lower
day 5 -upper

WK 2
d1 - lower
d2 - upper
d3 - lower
d4 - upper
d5 - lower

Everything is heavy...I dont care if im doing swiss ball squats..im gonna go as heavy as i possible can..LOL

Say on the days I work upper 3 times..for example on chest..I do lower cable crossovers for lower chest..then incline bench..then next time I do dips and flat bench...then next time I'll work on soemtime i need to bring up..if its lower and upper chest I'll do those type of movements.

2 exercises 2 sets each bodypart...one machine or cable movement depend on bodypart and one free weight movement..
example : quads - leg extensions then quads...chest - cable crossovers and incline bench

forearms and traps are 1 exercises 2 sets

calves and abs are 2 exercises 3 sets

Well I definately would not recomend what I do to anyone a I am not a comp bb or ever going to be close but for sake of sharing I just joined a new gym this week after taking a long break due to tricep surgery and dislocated shoulder(break consisted of training at condo gym in the 20-30 rep 5 set 2-3 exercise range for a couple months)

Now back to golds and this week I have felt like a kid in candy shop motivation is high and enjoying training

DAY 1
Biceps 4 sets 6-8 reps then 3 more exercises higher reps plus calves and 20 min cardio

Day 2
Chest still training around shoulder/tricep(no free weights only smith) 4 exercises 10-12 reps plus tricep
2 exercises 12-15 reps plus rotator exercises shrugs and calves

Day 3
Back 4 exercises 8-12 rep sets plus calves and 20 min cardio

Day 4
Legs 6 exercises 4 set 12-15-20 rep sets and 15 min cardio

Will lower reps after a couple weeks when I feel more confident in strength but like doing low and high reps. Currently 220 5'10" . Cardio is really just walking on treadmill after I lift but heartrate is 140 at a low walk. I don't train with partner so keep moving and heart rate stays pretty high. Guys at gym are huge so feel small great motivation.

ME you should see him.......PEELED is the only word to describe him.....That and he is on a straight mission...Its pretty inspiring if you ask me.....

LOL. Thanks Bro! That just made my day! That means alot coming from you.
BD has trained with me and I train high volume and heavy along with that.
Examp Chest w.o.
DB Incline Press
6-8sets
reps ranging from 60-10
Weight 90's-150's
DB Incline Fly
4-6sets
reps 30-10
75's-110's
Cable fly
4sets
20reps per set

Would anyone like to recommend one of these training styles for me. I'm done bulking and am about to go back home in 3 months. I'm all for pre-breakfast cardio, high volume and high weight. But, I'm looking for something different. My training has become redundant. I'd like to cut and retain mass.

shrugs

Very true, I was shocked, feel more compressed with my muscles than expeceted, so far so good! I did notice the scale hit 230lbs. and am looking a little leaner ... I know Main, not much, but a little and ya know it!

Last edited:
Sun: Legs & calves
Mon: Chest & Biceps
Tues: Off Maybe some cardio at home
Wed: Legs & Calves
Thurs: Back
Friday: Shoulders, Triceps, & calves
Sat: off
Abs are done every training day.

I think I got bit by the powerlifting bug again. I might start training using a Westside Barbell templete for the fall and winter, maybe hit a bench meet this winter sometime. Then switch back to a bodybuilding program for spring and summer and cut out bodyfat again.

6 on, 1 off. Hit everything twice during the week.

Seems like a lot, I know but I don't get as good results with anything else.

Would anyone like to recommend one of these training styles for me. I'm done bulking and am about to go back home in 3 months. I'm all for pre-breakfast cardio, high volume and high weight. But, I'm looking for something different. My training has become redundant. I'd like to cut and retain mass.

Different effects are achieved through different loads which can be achieved by adjusting the time under tension.

Very heavy loads, low TUT equals mainly CNS stimulation (strength)

Moderate loads, moderate TUT equals mainly myofibril growth (actual increase in fiber thickness)

Light load, higher TUT equals sarcoplasmic hypertophy which means increase glycogen and nutrient capacity and also musclular endurance.

Has nothing to do with Volume, HIT, or whatever flavor of the month program people are talking about. Its about load. Always has, always will and there are several methods to achieve it.

One guy swears by his program, the other swears by his. They ALL incorporate basic criteria to achieve some sort of hypertrophy so arguing which ones is the best without looking at HOW muscle grows and what stimuli exert different effects is a waste.

There is never just one muscle or one type of hypertrophy you want. You want them all to extent but focus on one area a bit more for your own personal goal.

These days I train 3 days a week alternating between a back width/back thickness/hams/bi/forearms workout and quads/calves/chest/shoulders/tris workout. I do 3 sets of one exercise per body part each workout. I train abs during all 3 sessions. I alternate the exercises and rep schemes that I use from workout to workout. When I lift I usually do a set of one exercise for a body part followed immediately by a set for another body part followed immediately by a set for another body part, take a break, and repeat. For example, one set of leg press followed by one set of incline dumbell presses, followed by a set of incline crunches, rest for a minute and then repeat.

It makes for quick and intense workouts that I really enjoy. I hate sitting around

Actually i was going to do 10x10 for for 3 exercises: squats, rows, bench for a week straight and every day decrease the rest time between sets by 15 secs. strating from 2 min per set. Rest a week and the go back to my regular schedule. I use to do this back in the day and it worked wonders. Its called controlled over training. I have to wait a week and take a break because I pulled a trap muscle the other day. I contribute it to lifting heavy for to many weeks, which I have been doing alot of sets of 3 x 3 lately with doubles and singles.

Mon. Chest, tris

Sample workout for bodyparts 3 exercises for small bodyparts, 4-5 for large

CHEST

Incline press: warmps ups, working sets 10,8,6,4 sometimes a couple doubles then 2-3 drop sets
Flat Dumbell Press: 3 x 10, 1 x20
Flys: 3 x 10
Cable crossovers: 3 x 15
Pec Deck: 2 x 15 with static holds

TRIS:

Skull Crushers: 3 X 10
Overhead Extensions: 3 x 10
Kickbacks: 3 x 15
Bench Dips: 1 x as many as can get

Wed. Shoulders, Abs

Fri. Back, bis

Sat. Legs, Abs

In off Season I use PUSH/PULL hitting each bodypart 2 times a week with less volume. Usually use 5 x 5 method on compound exercises.

Mon. Chest, tris, shoulders

CHEST:
Bench 5 x 5
Flys 2 x 15

TRIS:
Skull Crushers 3 x 8 -10
Bench Dips 1 x as many as possible

Shoulders:
Presses 3 x 6-8
Lateral Raises 3 x 10-15

On other work day pick different exercises

Tue. Legs,Back, bis
Wed REST
Thurs. Chest, tris, shoulders
Fri. Legs,Back, bis
Sat. REST
Sun. REST

Last edited:
this is my current workout breakdown.

Current breakdown - low volume (intensity always present!)
Day 1 - quads and calves
Day 2 - chest and lats
Day 3 - hams and calves and biceps
Day 4 - triceps and shoulders
Day 5 - back and traps

it's been working very good for me.i have not worked out for a week now due to surgery in my shoulder.i had bursitis and nothing would work so the doc.did orthoscopic with decompression surgery.i had it done this monday.im in alot of pain.well it's getting alot better.he said i should be back in the gym in no time.it should heal fast.will see how true that is.i happend to be at the end of my 3rd week of my cycle.

Sunday: OFF
Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Chest
Wednesday: Back
Thursday: Shoulders
Friday: Arms
Saturday: OFF

I go high volume. I usually start off with some heavy sets (5 x 5 - 6 x 6 even 8 x 8) for one to two exercises and then move on to some isolation exercises for higher reps.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131