over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tramadol For Back Pain?

Has anyone tried Tramadol for back pain? My wife deals with excruciating back pain about once every two weeks. A friend at work has gotten relief from his back pain with Tramadol. Has anyone else tried Tramadol for you back pain, and if so, how much relief did you notice?

Back in 2019, I had a kidney transplant and used it for a couple of weeks at night so I could sleep. It worked great without giving me the side effects from other pain meds.

Then a few weeks ago, I had a lumbar fusion. They fucked up the closure and I would wake up in pain in my L hip about 3 hours after going to bed that was not able to be relieved by changing positioning. Taking a combination of oxycodone, tylenol, and cyclobenzaprine would give me about 2 hours of relief before the pain would wake me up again. So after struggling for a while, I decided to try the Tramadol. It did nothing, didn't even touch the pain. But then my surgeon prescribed gabapentin, which worked incredibly well.

So, my take home message, is that it is worth a try, it may work depending on the pain. Something to consider though, is that if it is nerve pain; then gabapentin may be worth trying as well.

If you need tramadol to get through back pain you have a serious problem.

Was prescribed tramadol years back for something( cant remember what).

Took it on the first day and it made my heart feel weird. Almost like an echo in my heart...hard to explain. A heavy yet hollow feeling. Super weird.

Flushed it the next morning. Never had that issue with anything else.

Back in 2019, I had a kidney transplant and used it for a couple of weeks at night so I could sleep. It worked great without giving me the side effects from other pain meds.

Then a few weeks ago, I had a lumbar fusion. They fucked up the closure and I would wake up in pain in my L hip about 3 hours after going to bed that was not able to be relieved by changing positioning. Taking a combination of oxycodone, tylenol, and cyclobenzaprine would give me about 2 hours of relief before the pain would wake me up again. So after struggling for a while, I decided to try the Tramadol. It did nothing, didn't even touch the pain. But then my surgeon prescribed gabapentin, which worked incredibly well.

So, my take home message, is that it is worth a try, it may work depending on the pain. Something to consider though, is that if it is nerve pain; then gabapentin may be worth trying as well.

Gabapentin is supposed to make you sleepy, correct? Do you take it before bed? How much do you take?

If you need tramadol to get through back pain you have a serious problem.
Tramadol is also used when tapering opiates. Because of recent revision back surgery L1-S2 fusions doctor is prescribing this next month as
I'm now tapering off oxycodone. One thing I worry about. This stuff can be as addictive as opiates if taken too long withdrawals from it are much more intense to some people.

Right... It makes you feel pretty dam good... pretty sure it works on serotonin in the brain..

It does. It can also be stimulating due to also boosting norepinephrine. The SSRI effect is why it can work for premature ejaculation (there are studies). For me it was impossible to orgasm on the stuff.

A (former) friend of mine claimed he was prescribed tramadol off label for depression by a psychiatrist. It is an incredible immediate depression reliever that goes beyond the opiate type effect IME.
But he was an abuser an overdosed the stuff and had frequent seizures from it, another common side when used at over 400mg a day. Now he is epileptic even off the stuff.

Gabapentin is supposed to make you sleepy, correct? Do you take it before bed? How much do you take?

Yes, I would take a 300mg capsule about 30 minutes before bed. I would have a carry over effect the next day of calmness, but it was better than not sleeping and feeling like complete shit all day.

All these strong painkillers are fine or sort of fine short term but tramadol is certainly one that causes a lot of addiction and should not be used longer term.

Tramadol works great but be very careful. I don’t mess with them more than necessary if in severe pain. I’ve lost far to many friends because they got started on Tramadol graduating to the harder ones.

I think Duchaine had some Tramadol program for getting off Nubain. He said it was a nonaddictive drug. Now we know it isn't... should've known back then, just too good to be true. But even in medical circles it was thought to very low risk compared to other painkillers, that's where Duchaine got it. Then again Nubain itself was seen as low risk, very few problems in hospital settings. Here in Europe doctors blamed Chinese or Indian imports of Tramadol powder to junkie circles for the "addiction epidemic". I'm not familiar with its status now but it was classified as narcotic but then declassified after complaints from doctors and then they only classified the powder, legit prescriptions weren't classified lol.

dont do it. i got addicted to it. 30 pills a day, up to 40 at one point. tried quitting cold turkey.....worst decision ever.
wont get into it but ended up in a psych ward for a week. withdrawals can last months. the physical horror lasts 2 weeks but the emotional is what got me....24 hour a day clinical depression and anxiety attacks....it works by hittin the same receptors as codeine, plus its an uber powerful anti-depressant. so u got 2 things going for u, but 2 things that are terrible to get off of unless u taper properly.
but hey, if u dont get addicted, then it should be ok....
google tramadol withdrawals.

Thanks again guys. We've discussed what was mentioned here, and she's going to stick to Ibuprofen and, unfortunately, she refused (again) to take this to a doctor to see if they can accurately diagnose it :eek:

If some one is using pain killers (especially if used to help with training) to deal with a problem long term. Then I would look into solving the problem as opposed to covering it up.

I have been prescribed Tramadol for over a decade and never graduated to anything stronger.
My back injury stems from Marine Duty in Iraq.

My prescribed dosage is 100mg but honestly I take 25-50mg along with kratom.
From my experience Tramadol is less dangerous than other opioids but is habit forming and runs the risk of addiction.

I wanted to share my experience just in case she does decide to be treated by a Dr. and the option of Tramadol is given.

dont do it. i got addicted to it. 30 pills a day, up to 40 at one point. tried quitting cold turkey.....worst decision ever.
wont get into it but ended up in a psych ward for a week. withdrawals can last months. the physical horror lasts 2 weeks but the emotional is what got me....24 hour a day clinical depression and anxiety attacks....it works by hittin the same receptors as codeine, plus its an uber powerful anti-depressant. so u got 2 things going for u, but 2 things that are terrible to get off of unless u taper properly.
but hey, if u dont get addicted, then it should be ok....
google tramadol withdrawals.

Yep. Did a lot of research on it and talked to my primary doctor. Tramadol withdrawals are known to be much worst and longer lasting then most opiates. The physical affects are nothing compared to anxiety and depression. My pain clinic doctor wants to put me on this to come off oxy's next month. And that's not going to happen.

I was on tramadol back when it was considered non addictive or at least much less than other opioids. Let me tell you from experience it most certainly is addictive and was a lengthy withdrawal. It was one of the toughest periods of my life. Dont know if it was because of the other different antidepressants that I was and the neurotransmitters were out of whack but it was not fun.

I was on tramadol back when it was considered non addictive or at least much less than other opioids. Let me tell you from experience it most certainly is addictive and was a lengthy withdrawal. It was one of the toughest periods of my life. Dont know if it was because of the other different antidepressants that I was and the neurotransmitters were out of whack but it was not fun.
Sorry to hear about your troubles. If I were to conjecture I would presume that the antidepressant certainly had their influence.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Has anyone tried Tramadol for back pain? My wife deals with excruciating back pain about once every two weeks. A friend at work has gotten relief from his back pain with Tramadol. Has anyone else tried Tramadol for you back pain, and if so, how much relief did you notice?
it can be habit forming. It used to fuck me up back in the day. It can also cause seizures. I would try to focus more on the culprit and what you can do to relieve the pain (chiro, PT, laser, exercise, stem cell, amniotic injections etc) than taking something to mask it.
I fucked up my back bad last year. fractured a disc, herniated a few more. woke up in pain every morining for 2 years. I do 4 min tops of core work a day now and im 95% pain free and its simple shit like planks, dead bugs, and a few other movements.....well except this am my backs killing me but i headed to the chiro because my whole body is spasming so I need work done.

Has your wife tried using a TENS unit?

I have a TENS unit from the VA as well as an H-wave. TENS units vary greatly in price. I will supply a link to the unit that I received from the VA. At only $29 for the TENS unit vs $4,000 for the H-wave I can still give positive testimonial for the TENS unit. If I am frequenting this forum I am likely using one of the two. An effective method for myself is to apply the TENS unit and lay on a large ice pack. I've also used the TENS unit while at work, as it is light in weight and portable.

There suppose to be non narcotic but if you take too much for too long you will get withdrawals.
I got them years ago when I got kicked off my vicodin during the vicodin craze of the early 2000s and if you take enough there just as good. There no vicodin but a distant cousin for sure.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws