Featured Member / Kilo Klub Member
Staff member
Super Moderators
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Beast45 gave me this idea. Thanks B.

I like travel too. Been to some great places, been to some outright shit holes and a bunch in between. (In retrospect many were not vacations, just a bunch of stupid mistakes all tied together over the course of ~20 years; mistakes I seemed to repeat, like I was glued to the wheels of a train on its tracks. For many years, that was the axel of my life.)

A well traveled friend of mine was asked if he would offer his advise on a few places to go.

It went down something like this . . .

My friend replied “It would be easier if I told you the places to avoid.”

And what places are those he asked.

“The planet earth” my friend advised.

Let us see if this dog can hunt.

Beast45 gave me this idea. Thanks B.

I like travel too. Been to some great places, been to some outright shit holes and a bunch in between. (In retrospect many were not vacations, just a bunch of stupid mistakes all tied together over the course of ~20 years; mistakes I seemed to repeat, like I was glued to the wheels of a train on its tracks. For many years, that was the axel of my life.)

A well traveled friend of mine was asked if he would offer his advise on a few places to go.

It went down something like this . . .

My friend replied “It would be easier if I told you the places to avoid.”

And what places are those he asked.

“The planet earth” my friend advised.

Let us see if this dog can hunt.
Not going to lie. The worst places I have been on vacation are West Virginia by far. And a close second was Daytona beach Florida.

My most disappointing destination was San Francisco, by far. It's probably the most beautiful city to drive into. High hopes driving in after a trek from Portland down the highway.
The trash and homeless were incredible. Literally stepping over homeless with better shoes than me coming out of our hotel(which was $700/nt luxury I found in a top 10 romantic list)
Nearly every restaurant, bar, shop we went to, we'd ask about the neighborhood or where to head to next and most didn't know the neighborhood(as far as what places are like) because no one can afford to live there and they're all from Oakland, working in San Fran.
Everything seemed so disassociated and cold.

My most disappointing destination was San Francisco, by far. It's probably the most beautiful city to drive into. High hopes driving in after a trek from Portland down the highway.
The trash and homeless were incredible. Literally stepping over homeless with better shoes than me coming out of our hotel(which was $700/nt luxury I found in a top 10 romantic list)
Nearly every restaurant, bar, shop we went to, we'd ask about the neighborhood or where to head to next and most didn't know the neighborhood(as far as what places are like) because no one can afford to live there and they're all from Oakland, working in San Fran.
Can confirm, worked in the Bay Area for 8 months. Trash city.

Here is something for you travelers to know. (I always say know laws before going to other countries.) It is now a crime in Indonesia to have sex outside marriage, this includes tourists.

I recall Henry Rollins, who has been all over the world on foot with a backpack, said the US is the most dangerous place he's ever been.

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences in SF. Yes, unfortunately it is not half the city it used to be. Times change.

My wife grew up in Cow Hollow and we have a condo along the Marina Green. Go there all time, at least once a month.

But it is fucking expensive and has some of the toughest renters laws, impossible to get them out. It is getting dirtier and dirtier by the year. SF does a lot of things right (and wrong) and knowing what they are and where they and where to go is not always easy. I will say it never ran or looked better than when it was run by another mayor.

If you ever go back, reach out to me. It may change your mind.

Here is something for you travelers to know. (I always say know laws before going to other countries.) It is now a crime in Indonesia to have sex outside marriage, this includes tourists.
So if you are traveling with wife better bring the marriage certificate along if you are visiting Indonesia. Another good idea if you aren't married (but with a gf), you go solo and keep your pants zipped or not have the daily nookie. This new law alone will kill the brothel trade that catered to tourists.

Also who would now go visit Venezuela or Mexico? Those countries are downright dangerous.

San Francisco -- been there twice, once for work, once with an ex. As the other post said, the homeless population is out of control and quite aggressive, especially in comparison to those in New York. The sheer number of them is heartbreaking and the increased aggressiveness makes it a pain in the ass. Stayed or stuck around the wharf area which was nice but going there once was certainly enough. Insanely expensive, and not worth the cost in my opinion.

Louisville, Kentucky was a trip I went on to explore last year. Complete garbage area in my opinion. Absolutely nothing worth seeing, and some of the worst service for several hundred dollar meals at "high end" restaurants was shocking.

Other than that, it's hard to think of many that stuck out as being overwhelmingly bad other than the transformation of once beautiful vacation spots such as the Jersey Shore, Point Pleasant, etc. into cesspools that has taken place over the past decade or two. Fairfax, Virginia sucked but was also there for work so not fair to judge it based on that; was not there to have a good time.

I enjoy Florida, albeit I've never been to Miami and haven't heard positive things about that area, but for some reason every time I fly to Florida [especially on JetBlue] I've grown to expect my return flight to be delayed by a minimum of 2 hours for different reasons every time, some of which seeming to be complete nonsense.

That sucks....lol. Heh heh heh.

On a different note...the best dbol I ever used came from Indonesia back in the 90s. Made by Syntex, and called Dupa😋

San Francisco
Santiago Chile
Medellin Colombia - unless for medical needs
Santa Fe New Mexico
Bora Bora
Any cruise by the company MSC
Valencia Spain
Naples Italy

Africa..all of it is shit

The Dominican sucks

I can really list a lot of places but damnit man..they only suck because of the people..California is amazing if you got rid of damn near everyone

Well . . . aren't you just a delight to have on board :)

Now tell us how you really feel.

Not going to lie. The worst places I have been on vacation are West Virginia by far. And a close second was Daytona beach Florida.
Where in West Virginia? I did some camping around Cooper’s Rock and it was nice. I really enjoyed the scenery! Course I am coming from NOLA….

Cage

I could say the Boundary Waters Canoe Area wilderness in Minnesota. But that was probably due to the spoiled beef jerky that Ii made and ate. And ended up nauseous and sick for 2 days in a torrential thunder storm and being cold wet sweating. But after that it was a great trip. especially the food when i got back to civilization after a couple weeks of paddling and portaging. I usually don't set my expectations to high as that helps elevate the disappointment! On a side not i found the people in Africa to be nice and helpful. But maybe it is all in the way one chooses to approaches things.

I can relate to those moments of realizing that some trips weren't exactly what we hoped for. It's all part of the adventure, right?

Reminds me of this one time I ended up in a town that seemed straight out of a horror movie. But you know, even those less-than-ideal trips can make for the best stories later on.

I can relate to those moments of realizing that some trips weren't exactly what we hoped for. It's all part of the adventure, right?

Reminds me of this one time I ended up in a town that seemed straight out of a horror movie. But you know, even those less-than-ideal trips can make for the best stories later on.
Are you a human being or AI chatbot

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner