advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Treat/Cheat Meals - do you set any limits?

I really don't "cheat" so to speak, unless we are talking about quality of food. I plan my "cheat meals". Basically I eat accorinding to diet six days a week and the seventh day I eat whatever I want, I don't go crazy but I just eat what I feel like eating. If I need to consume 2,500 calories a day to lose 2 pounds per week I would eat 2,250 calories and at the end of the week I now have the 2,250 calories I had planned plus I have 1,500 "surplus" calories which can be eating however I feel. If I want 3,750 calories of hot cheetos, I will. Works for me.

Good to know to cheat hard when you cheat :headbang:. I just started a diet and it's been close to a week and honestly it's killing me already, but I'll make it. Always do.

I'm in my offseason trying to gain mass phase and I follow a strict diet (weigh foods, hit macros 100% all the time but for one or two meals each week (usually on Friday and/or Saturday nights) I like to go out with the woman and have something off plan.

Typically it's steak, greek food (kebobs, etc) or sushi or vietnamese noodle soup. I stay away from fast food, mexican food or anything that is overly greasy or cheesy (except for pizza maybe once every few months. Basically, even when I "cheat" I look for lots of lean meat, fresh veggies and tasty carbs like sweet potatoes, wheat rolls, pita bread and hummus, etc.

I also LOVE ice cream so I always get a LARGE CUP of ice cream at 2 of my favorite places nearby - I alternate between these 2 places because they have different flavors.

My question is, is this too much? I usually just eat until I'm pretty full. No rules really. Like tonight my gf and I went out for Greek food and I threw down a big Greek salad and 3 kebobs - lamb, chicken, and beef. I also had a plate of pitas with hummus. Went to the ice cream shop after and split a LARGE CUP with 2 flavors...oh so good!!!!

I just don't know if ice cream every week is bad or not but so far so good it hasn't really negatively impacted me.

I'll hold some water the next day but after being back on my offseason diet it's gone and my weight drops back to normal. I usually cheat the day of, or the day before leg day.

I don't know how often most people cheat. Is one meal a week too much? Should I cut it back to one every 2 weeks? Is having ice cream every cheat meal too much?

Just curious what you guys all do for cheats in the offseason.

If its a cheat day or cheat meal I splurge. I sit down and eat a gallon of rocky road ice cream sometimes.

It's not cheating if your using guidelines/limits to 'cheat' :rolleyes:

If your watching what you eat on your cheat, than I'd call that a dirty bulk day. When I cheat, I CHEAT :headbang:

Two weeks keto, 24 hours of being a fat ass. The beauty of keto, I'll be 206 before the cheat/'refeed', than 212 for a day or 2 after, than 1-2 lbs lower than before the cheat lol

What about a cheat day? Is this pretty bad if diet is good throughout the week?

I usually cave on Sunday. Pizza, pop, sour candies haha. Seem to need 1 day per week like this to keep my sanity :p

I usually do cheat days but whenever i think of going too far my brain just kicks in and say "are you really gonna waste 2 weeks of dieting?" so i control myself to some degree

I usually do cheat days but whenever i think of going too far my brain just kicks in and say "are you really gonna waste 2 weeks of dieting?" so i control myself to some degree

:( i wish I had that self control. Weekends are tough for me.

Go under eat for a week. Look at your stool. Go truly over eat for a week and look at your stool. See the vast difference in volume, color, and texture?

Also just because you are still full doesn't mean anything. That means you ate what your body can absorb. I didn't say your body is only going to absorb what you'd normally have had I said excess that it can't use will be passed. Go truly binge, as in competitive eating style eating, and you'll almost certainly have diarrhea the next day due to undigested food being passed.

^^This is your proof.... Thats retarded.... If that were the case then it would be totally cool for me to slam down two or three milk shakes with dinner... It wont matter... I'll still get ripped.. my body cant absorb it....

Because we all know the human body in no way attempts to store extra calories in-case of famine induced fasting....

Look at it this way... your body will NOT absorb 100% of everything you eat... but close to 70 or 80 for sure... Regardless if its 500 or 1000 calories that will most likely stay the same...

So if your normal meal is 500 calories and instead its 2000 calories:

500 * 80 = 400
2000 * 80 = 1600

Look you still took in 4x's the calories... and guess what your still going to shit way more undigested food... so dont think that your body wont absorb more...

I don't ever set limits on cheat meals, I just throw up afterward...

I don't keep track on a cheat. Mine are glorious binges that would make a nutritionist cry. Unfortunately, they are also holding me back on my current cut (probably because I have 3-4/week :banghead:), but on a massing phase, I never hold back until I start to see unacceptable fat gain.

I dnt really cheat off season as food is high and ill add sauces to meals etc
On a diet or during prep (as I am now) it Will vary depending on how I feel. If it was one meal only id not limit it if it was a cheat day id opt for simple crabs all day and maybe one shyt meal.

Too many cheats in off season Will just make you fat...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner