advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tren --> Alzheimers. Taurine Helps Nandrolone Damage.

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
If one is self conscientious of potentially reducing/slowing the progress of AD, especially if one has a first or second degree relative that has AD. Consider living a lifestyle that reduces the burden of beta amyloid plaques, e.g. ketogenic diet, caffeine consumption, stress reduction, reduce liver stress, treat OSA, use of Curcumin, ect, ect. It's not a guarantee, yet, it's a positive approach.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-trenbolone-may-increase-alzheimers-risk.html

what if one of your grandmothers had it? she smoked a lot throughout her life.

granddad is 82, used to smoke a lot, no Alzheimer's

other grandparents are 91 and 86, chain-smokers for over 70 years, no Alzheimer's

what do?

Taking aminos singularly or in specific combinations can exert pharmaceutical effects in the body that you wouldn't otherwise get from a whole protein source.

I am only saying this because I noticed people are counting the taurine from their protein sources like it has the same benefit.

Example: If someone is having a panic attack, 2 grams of glycine sublingual every couple minutes until the symptoms resolve would work much more effectively than the glycine in a whole food or whey protein source. Sometimes it is the rate of absorption or peak plasma levels that turn a "switch" on or off. Or the presence or lack of other aminos...

Another example:

Threonine plays roles in antibody formation and immune health. High doses of protein intake tend to cause threonine deficiency due to amino acid competitive absorption (even though threonine is in the protein source). This MAY have negative impact on the immune system.. so I take threonine sublingual by itself in the morning on an empty stomach.

The examples can go on and on. Just something to think about.

Do we know though if the taurine listed on the protein labels is part of the whole protein or added separately?

To me it seems like it is in fact added separately. On my label there is a breakdown of all of the protein amino acids, and taurine is not even included. Then separately it lists the "recovery blend" which states "1000mg creatine monohydrate, 1000mg taurine, 1000mg glutamine" which I think definitely indicates being added separately, in this case, unless they are purposely being deceiving.

Not to mention it seems a lot of whey producers have been getting in trouble for "amino spiking", putting cheaper aminos in the protein such as taurine, to boost the protein content on the label even though it's not a whole protein source. And while that's not a good thing, I guess it would be for those looking for more taurine lol

Honestly I wouldn't trust most protein labels and bulk taurine is so cheap I would just use/add it.

Yea it is incredibly cheap and I just found the following on Wikipedia. Didn't read the individual studies but it seems there are blood pressure / flow benefits as well as liver (never heard of that) and cardiovascular. For all I know those benefits may just be in those who were already very deficient in Taurine before supplementation but I'll give it a shot.

Also tolerated at very high doses it seems.

"Nutritional significance
A study of mice hereditarily unable to transport taurine suggests it is needed for proper maintenance and functioning of skeletal muscles.[11] In addition, it has been shown to be effective in removing fatty liver deposits in rats, preventing liver disease, and reducing cirrhosis in tested animals.[12][13] Evidence indicates taurine is beneficial for adult human blood pressure and possibly, the alleviation of other cardiovascular ailments (in humans suffering essential hypertension, taurine supplementation resulted in measurable decreases in blood pressure).[14]

Taurine is regularly used as an ingredient in energy drinks, with many containing 1000 mg per serving,[15] and some as much as 2000 mg.[16]

A 2003 study by the European Food Safety Authority found no adverse effects for up to 1,000 mg of taurine per kilogram of body weight per day.[17]

A review published in 2008 found no documented reports of negative or positive health effects associated with the amount of taurine used in energy drinks, concluding, "The amounts of guarana, taurine, and ginseng found in popular energy drinks are far below the amounts expected to deliver either therapeutic benefits or adverse events".[18]"

There is an article in the latest issue of Musc. Dev. mag. by William Llewellyn in which he writes about a study done on rats that shows that trenbolone damages the rat brain cells leading to alzheimers. I am not sure if this is the same study but just another caution to those that use trenbolone.

I did an internet search on the caspase-3 that is mentioned in this study. This is a substance that can initiate cell death. It is actually sold by some companies for medical use. Possibly to cause cancer cell death. This is a very complicated subject and as to whether taurine is going to have any significant effect on caspase-3 is probably open to debate.

Last edited:
How much taurine would you guys use to help alleviate vicious back pumps?

Just ordered 500g of it from TrueNutrition. I think I'll go with 1g post workout and 1g before going to sleep.

Reading about it on examine.com there seem to be a ton of benefits (Blood flow / blood pressure, possibly cholesterol through reduction in secretion of, apolipoprotein B100 and lipids, CHF by increasing force & effectiveness of cardiac muscle contractions, antioxidant of heart+testes+kidneys+liver+lungs, mitigate AAS damage, removing fatty liver deposits / reducing cirrhosis, GABAergic [depressive] effect). And apparently almost no downsides.

I wonder why we don't hear more about it. I'd think maybe because most people get enough of it through diet so it doesn't change much (similar to how creatine won't help if you already have naturally high levels) but it seems the average daily consumption is typically not that high for most people through diet alone.

Just ordered 500g of it from TrueNutrition. I think I'll go with 1g post workout and 1g before going to sleep.

Reading about it on examine.com there seem to be a ton of benefits (Blood flow / blood pressure, possibly cholesterol through reduction in secretion of, apolipoprotein B100 and lipids, CHF by increasing force & effectiveness of cardiac muscle contractions, antioxidant of heart+testes+kidneys+liver+lungs, mitigate AAS damage, removing fatty liver deposits / reducing cirrhosis, GABAergic [depressive] effect). And apparently almost no downsides.

I wonder why we don't hear more about it. I'd think maybe because most people get enough of it through diet so it doesn't change much (similar to how creatine won't help if you already have naturally high levels) but it seems the average daily consumption is typically not that high for most people through diet alone.

Prob don't hear about it much because it's too cheap to profit from lol

Prob don't hear about it much because it's too cheap to profit from lol

lol could be. I was going to say creatine is just as cheap and we hear about it all of the time, but then again creatine's main benefits we hear about are ergogenic whereas most of these taurine benefits are health related so probably less 'buzz' about it.

Order has been shipped :cool:

There is an article in the latest issue of Musc. Dev. mag. by William Llewellyn in which he writes about a study done on rats that shows that trenbolone damages the rat brain cells leading to alzheimers. I am not sure if this is the same study but just another caution to those that use trenbolone.

I did an internet search on the caspase-3 that is mentioned in this study. This is a substance that can initiate cell death. It is actually sold by some companies for medical use. Possibly to cause cancer cell death. This is a very complicated subject and as to whether taurine is going to have any significant effect on caspase-3 is probably open to debate.

Interesting. If you find a link, please post it. Thanks.

5g pre 5g post. J.J suggested this to me for something else. But I have notice a lot from it with other aspects of training pumps ect.

5g pre 5g post. J.J suggested this to me for something else. But I have notice a lot from it with other aspects of training pumps ect.

Maybe JJ can come tell us what he specifically was alluding to. I am interested in hearing it.

Given it's depressive effects I'm surprised it's recommended pre-workout. I was planning on post-workout and before going to bed. I guess pre-workout for the blood flow effects? (Though I'm not sure if that's just an acute effect or lasting as long as one is taking it). How do you feel for the next hour or so after taking it? Seems like some say it helps them go to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that link. Love that site. Just liked them on fB.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1