advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tren Decreases Muscle Protein Synthesis.

anab0lic

Registered
No, that wasn't a typo. All AAS function via the same androgen receptor; but different compounds produce their effects in very different ways. Some compounds like Test and NPP work by increasing the rate of protein synthesis. However, it is not correct that all AAS increase muscle protein synthesis; in fact trenbolone acetate (TBA) is known to actually decrease new protein synthesis. See references below. Then how does it increase lean muscle mass? Net protein accretion is determined by two rates, the rate of protein synthesis and the rate of protein degradation. High rates of both result in high protein turnover, but not necessarily high protein accretion or retention. Test and NPP both increase the rate of protein turnover, by increasing both the rate of synthesis and degradation; however they increase synthesis more than they do degradation, resulting in increased protein accretion. In other words, they cause you to produce more new protein than is lost, so your muscles grow. Tren (TBA) works the opposite way it decreases both protein synthesis and degradation, reducing protein turnover; but it decreases degradation more, so net protein accretion is increased. In other words, some compounds work by increasing anabolism while others decrease catabolism.

What is the practical significance of this? Anabolic compounds, like NPP are better suited to bulking, because your main focus is increasing protein synthesis to build more new muscle. Anti-catabolic compounds, like Tren, on the other hand, are better suited to cutting, because they work by preventing protein degradation. Tren can increase muscle size, even in a caloric deficit, by preventing the loss of muscle protein, which, also, forces your body to get its energy from fat, burning more fat. This also explains why stacking is so effective. Tren taken alone is not as effective as when combined with test. By combining anabolic compounds with anti-catabolic compounds in the same cycle, you are getting the best of both worlds, increasing protein synthesis and decreasing protein degradation at the same time. The bottom line is that different compounds work thru distinct mechanisms, producing different effects. Understanding these differences is important to get the greatest benefit depending on one's goals. I have heard countless times that all AAS can be used for either bulking or cutting, etc. And that all AAS work the same way by increasing protein synthesis. These simplistic statements are just plain false, and reveal a great ignorance of the distinct mechanisms of action of different compounds.

Tren Decreases Muscle Protein Synthesis. - World Class Bodybuilding Forum

or... it could be that tren users in the study didn't consume enough calories and protein to offset the increase in metabolism and then broke down protein...

No, that wasn't a typo. All AAS function via the same androgen receptor; but different compounds produce their effects in very different ways. Some compounds like Test and NPP work by increasing the rate of protein synthesis. However, it is not correct that all AAS increase muscle protein synthesis; in fact trenbolone acetate (TBA) is known to actually decrease new protein synthesis. See references below. Then how does it increase lean muscle mass? Net protein accretion is determined by two rates, the rate of protein synthesis and the rate of protein degradation. High rates of both result in high protein turnover, but not necessarily high protein accretion or retention. Test and NPP both increase the rate of protein turnover, by increasing both the rate of synthesis and degradation; however they increase synthesis more than they do degradation, resulting in increased protein accretion. In other words, they cause you to produce more new protein than is lost, so your muscles grow. Tren (TBA) works the opposite way it decreases both protein synthesis and degradation, reducing protein turnover; but it decreases degradation more, so net protein accretion is increased. In other words, some compounds work by increasing anabolism while others decrease catabolism.

What is the practical significance of this? Anabolic compounds, like NPP are better suited to bulking, because your main focus is increasing protein synthesis to build more new muscle. Anti-catabolic compounds, like Tren, on the other hand, are better suited to cutting, because they work by preventing protein degradation. Tren can increase muscle size, even in a caloric deficit, by preventing the loss of muscle protein, which, also, forces your body to get its energy from fat, burning more fat. This also explains why stacking is so effective. Tren taken alone is not as effective as when combined with test. By combining anabolic compounds with anti-catabolic compounds in the same cycle, you are getting the best of both worlds, increasing protein synthesis and decreasing protein degradation at the same time. The bottom line is that different compounds work thru distinct mechanisms, producing different effects. Understanding these differences is important to get the greatest benefit depending on one's goals. I have heard countless times that all AAS can be used for either bulking or cutting, etc. And that all AAS work the same way by increasing protein synthesis. These simplistic statements are just plain false, and reveal a great ignorance of the distinct mechanisms of action of different compounds.

Tren Decreases Muscle Protein Synthesis. - World Class Bodybuilding Forum

I read this more then once. I believe this information to hold some truth.

last tren cycle i took 3xthe test and all i got was more sides, tren is how many times more anabolic then test? anabolic, not 3x more anti catabolic.....and you can read that anywhere. some studies r fuckin stupid in real life 500mg of tren is gonna build more muscle then 500mg test....in MY BODY anyway. before this cycle i was on a gram of test and didnt grow for shit and just looked "bloofy" personally to me all test is good for is keeping libido and a lil strength

last tren cycle i took 3xthe test and all i got was more sides, tren is how many times more anabolic then test? anabolic, not 3x more anti catabolic.....and you can read that anywhere. some studies r fuckin stupid in real life 500mg of tren is gonna build more muscle then 500mg test....in MY BODY anyway. before this cycle i was on a gram of test and didnt grow for shit and just looked "bloofy" personally to me all test is good for is keeping libido and a lil strength

With articles like these you have to read b/w the lines. Many different way to create anabolism. I agree with you on the article having some bs points, for instance npp and test are better suited for bulking and tren for cutting. Hmmmm better yet, why not use npp and test for extra protein synthesis and use tren to prevent protein degradation (much like insulin). Now you get the best of both worlds and attack muscle building from two angles vs one.

In bold, added a useful chart. A little o/t, but useful none the less.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
With articles like these you have to read b/w the lines. Many different way to create anabolism. I agree with you on the article having some bs points, for instance npp and test are better suited for bulking and tren for cutting. Hmmmm better yet, why not use npp and test for extra protein synthesis and use tren to prevent protein degradation (much like insulin). Now you get the best of both worlds and attack muscle building from two angles vs one.

**broken link removed**

It locked me out before I could edit my post, but here is my revision to clarify.

With articles like these you have to read b/w the lines. Many different way to create anabolism and preventing protein degradation is one of them. Primo is another that could fit this bill as the article describes. We all know it as something that helps preserve muscle tissue in a catabolic state, but we still classify it as a anabolic steroid, am i right? It still builds tissue, but not directly. It helps to prevent protein turnover, leading to a net increase in protein accumulation leading to anabolism.

However I do agree with you on the article having some bs points, for instance npp and test are better suited for bulking and tren for cutting. Hmmmm better yet, why not use npp and test for extra protein synthesis and use tren to prevent protein degradation (much like insulin). Now you get the best of both worlds and attack muscle building from two angles vs one.

**broken link removed**

ok now im confused, in the chart it says androgens INCREASE muscle protien synthesis....which contradicts this whole thread....or am i jus reading it wrong lol

ok now im confused, in the chart it says androgens INCREASE muscle protien synthesis....which contradicts this whole thread....or am i jus reading it wrong lol

Your right it does and thats why many are going to disagree with this article. I only put the chart up to show that their is more then one way to build muscle mass.

The chart lays it out as an absolute that ALL androgen increase protein synthesis. I sure I could go and find some supporting evidence to prove that not ALL androgen increase protein synthesis, but there is no point. We all know that tren is king. The science doesn't really matter (at least not to me), all I know is tren works! And it can be used in either a bulking or cutting phase.

Maybe someone who is more scientifically inclined, like datbtrue, can chime in.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity