over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tri lateral head tear..... surgery???`

ManoftheWorld

Kilo Klub Member
Ok this is geared towards the handful of medical professionals we have on our board looking for a second opinion of sorts....

last 18mo had a right elbow injury that I basically never let up on for long enough to really heal 100%... I'm thinking more of ligaments with occasional flair of tendonitis/bursitis with my tricep due to overcompensating for the elbow mess... well the thurs before last it finally went out and went out BIG...massive tearing I could feel as if I was hearing.. anywho had an initial apt with an ortho guy, due to the obvious deformity to the lateral head he ordered an MRI... so tomor I have a follow up for the official read and recommendations but I had a legit source also give me an inside scoop of the MRI report..

I converted the metric to US as well as the medical jargon to dummy words and the major tear is intramuscular on my lateral head... the depth is about 1 1/8" with the max width at 5/8" and it tapers down from there to pencil thin width and the overall lenth from top down is about 5.5"... so yeah pretty massive.. but the tendons appear ok and there is expected swelling all the way around including down to my joint... I had drastic pooling and bruising surface about 3-4 days after the tear and is now just patchy... but it went from couple inches shy of my armpit down to just a few inches above my wrist all on the inside half of arm....

So all that being said I've been on aggressive therapy with BPC-157 and my ghrp/ghrh peptides for about the last 10 days along with mega doses of calcium, mag, zinc, vit c and b vit's....Now the fun part... Would surgery be worth the hassle since its just intramuscular and tendons appear ok?

Surgery on torn muscles is a gamble to begin with.

It's hard to sew hamburger meat back together, although I don't think the surgery will make it worse, especially if the tear(s) are ALONG the sinew and not across it. This makes it much easier for everyone.

On the other hand, the surgery may give you the downtime you need to actually let that sum-bitch recover.

thanks.. my dr had same view but used steak as example instead of hamburger...lol I'm actually going in for a second MRI due to the limited view on insertion the last MRI showed and he wasnt happy with the limited view since for whatever reason altho the tear deformity is still mildly visible on the lateral head I am having all the pain and aches of strain now felt on the medial head along with moderate bursitis also present... when the tear initially happened there was some pain at and around the tear site but his now surfaced to this new location and throwing everybody for a loop since swelling and bruising is down and ROM and strength is sloooooowly returning

Start using it as soon as cleared and get tons of ART and massage. Will help with scar tissue. This is what causes most residual pain post injury. The muscle heals in a shortened position and stays perma shortened unless you act accordingly. Good luck man.

Gotta agree with the input thus far; surgery is pointless if there is in fact no tendon damage. My tricep exploded 3 years ago and after recovery was complete and I was still weak as shit we realized that I have a huge flap of muscle(my lateral head) that is unattached and displaced and covering the lateral side of my bicep. Had an MRI and the doc used the same steak analogy on me. He said that it was all muscle tissue and not tendon and that there is no way to fixate it and have it hold. He does some of the local professional sports teams and definitely knows what he is talking about.

I tore my tricep lateral head about 3 months ago doing tricep kick-backs at the end of my work out. My entire arm was purple down to my elbow. No tendon damage, but tore the muscle. It took me about 6 weeks to fully recover to hit the gym again. I did absolutely nothing, healed on its own.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear