over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tribulus terrestris

Frito

Registered
Have any of you guys looked into this supplement health wise? I know it´s quite useless for boosting test. But as a supplement to use along a TRT for example it seems quite promising for men.

Let me copy paste a little bit from examine.com

Tribulus terrestris is a herb from Ayurveda that is mostly recommended for male health including virility and vitality, and specifically more catered towards cardiovascular and urogenital health. It is a common supplement for its libido enhancing properties and supposed testosterone boosting properties

A specific component, tribulosin, appears to be quite potently cardioprotective and is effective in the 1-10nM range. It has not yet been tested in living creatures, but remains a very promising option.

In animal research, the fruits of tribulus appears to protect the organs (mostly liver and kidneys) from oxidative damages at reasonably low dosages and also exert anti-stress effects; confirming the status of tribulus terrestris as an Adaptogen.

A decrease in blood pressure has been noted in hypertensive subjects; insufficient evidence to address efficacy in normotensive persons

A decrease in cholesterol levels has been noted with tribulus supplementation

Studies and more to be found: Tribulus terrestris - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

But it does seem like a wonder supplement for men on gear, but maybe I´m missing something. Let me hear what you guys think?

There is a huge post on here in which most say the stuff is worthless. I however find this stuff to be great. My last cycle this is the only thing I used for pct. I have used this for years with benefit.

Tribulus for some reason has the oposite effect on me
IT lowers my sexdrive.
Allways has, every time I used it.
5g-7g / day

I never thought it affected test in anyway in humans , but something hormonal must happen that affects my sex drive.
Anyway, Try DAA for natural proven TEST BOOST.
Acetyl L carnitine may help too.
Aromasin 1/4 pill every day may have the best positive effect on testosterone.
Clomid 1 pill eod may help

As far as boosting test, I dunno. The research looks bad for that.

BUT I do believe it's a beneficial herb. A few Ayurvedic supplements include it for protective effects on organs, like our very own Carditone, which we know works well. The Carditone folks say Trib is good for kidneys. Who knows. but Carditone does what it's supposed to.

Yeah I´m not looking at this product for boosting my test, being on TRT I doubt any herb can do that ;-) But the health benefits is what made me interested in this

Garbage. Don't fall for the hype. I used it too, and never got anything from it.

Tribulus is junk IMO I've tried it at different doses and I didn't get anything. My testosterone level ranges between 300 to 400 (I'm 21) so I think if someone were to see some kind of effect. It was like taking a sugar pill but it might work for you so who knows. Kind of wish I felt something from it.

What can a couple milligrams of Testosterone do for you? If you see 7mg/d as an improvement over 5mg, then it may work for you.

Daa + tribulus worked wonders for me. Increases sexdrive, energy, makes me lift harder. I always use tribulus in my pct as well. NOW brand 2g-3g per day during pct

Have any of you guys looked into this supplement health wise? I know it´s quite useless for boosting test. But as a supplement to use along a TRT for example it seems quite promising for men.

Let me copy paste a little bit from examine.com

Tribulus terrestris is a herb from Ayurveda that is mostly recommended for male health including virility and vitality, and specifically more catered towards cardiovascular and urogenital health. It is a common supplement for its libido enhancing properties and supposed testosterone boosting properties

A specific component, tribulosin, appears to be quite potently cardioprotective and is effective in the 1-10nM range. It has not yet been tested in living creatures, but remains a very promising option.

In animal research, the fruits of tribulus appears to protect the organs (mostly liver and kidneys) from oxidative damages at reasonably low dosages and also exert anti-stress effects; confirming the status of tribulus terrestris as an Adaptogen.

A decrease in blood pressure has been noted in hypertensive subjects; insufficient evidence to address efficacy in normotensive persons

A decrease in cholesterol levels has been noted with tribulus supplementation

Studies and more to be found: Tribulus terrestris - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

But it does seem like a wonder supplement for men on gear, but maybe I´m missing something. Let me hear what you guys think?

90% of the tribulus product on the market is wortles, the raw material is from $40 per kg up to $800 per kg. Look for tribulus product that are extracted from the leaves. The root and the fruit extract are not for libido.

This herb can be found only in few parts of the world (south USA, Mexico, Spain, India, China and Bulgaria).

Something very important, and usually overlooked, is the fact that the Bulgarian Tribulus terrestris phytochemistry is entirely different from the phytochemistry of the same plant found elsewhere in the world. The superiority of the Bulgarian Tribulus is due to the unique Bulgarian location and climate. Different parts of the plant used for obtaining the extract are cropped at different time of the year. The special method for cropping the herb, which contributes to the broad specter and the high content of active substances, is not present in Tribulus terrestris from any other part of the world, thus making the Bulgarian Tribulus superior to all similar herbs worldwide.

This important difference is not well known, despite the numerous scientific studies on the topic (you can look through the report of M. Ganzera, E. Bedir, I. A. Khan, The University of Mississippi). This fact is usually deliberately not mentioned, because the resources of the herb (which can not even be cultivated) in such small country as Bulgaria are limited, and cannot satisfy the world demand for Bulgarian Tribulus extract.

The Chinese and Indian Tribulus terrestris is harvested at different time of the year, the extracts are made from different parts of the plant and their phitochemistry is entirely different from that of the Bulgarian Tribulus. The Chinese and Indian extracts are mainly used as a diuretic and for treatment of kidney stones. They don’t have the same pharmacological and physiological properties like the Bulgarian Tribulus terrestris extract.

Just consider the fact that for obtaining a quality extract, the extract ratio is minimum 1:50 (extract : dry herb). Further, the production process is extremely complicated. To get a better idea, it takes more than dozen extractions in order to obtain the highest concentration of active ingredients, and to purify the product from all unnecessary ingredients, which may decrease its beneficial effect.

The Chinese and Indian manufacturers extract saponins, which do not have the same pharmacological properties like the Bulgarian extracts. These saponins do not have any effect on the sexual libido and performance, nor on hormonal balance regulation.

Overall, there many groups of active components in the Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris , the three main groups of active components in the Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris are:

1. Protodioscin, Protogracillin , Protodiosgenin.
These steroid saponins are active substances, which stimulate the sexual hormones production (androgens and estrogens), influence the central nervous system, and are defined as active components with anabolic character.

I hope this will help you to understand why some people did not fill anything by taking chip tribulus.

I respond well to trib 3-5g a day and I see a much better improvement in sex drive

I'm more of a fan of yohimbe for a mild libido boost and DAA for pct. Even though Tribulus is cheap, I still don't think it's worth the cost.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws