over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tribulus???

kappainf

Newbies
This website claims that tribulus has no positive effect other than possibly boosting labido. How do the measure the quality of the tribulus they use in these studies? What are your opinions?

**broken link removed**

It has to do something beyond libido. I tried Tribulus before I tried ANYTHING. After a week, my balls felt swollen. I was 17 and natural. It was the first time I actually felt "something" hormonal happen. I can't tell you what, but the stuff has worked well for me since.

Personally, I'd only use Tribestan. And you may need to increase protein intake and train as hard as possible. Then you may get the benefits that Sopharma claims are possible.

I find Humanofort to be more effective for Test levels, however.

i got great results when i was 18. than again that was the first supp. besides protien i ever tried. so it could of been placebo. but at 18 my natural test was already sky high.

Tribulas will not raise testosterone levels at ANY dose.

Doesnt matter if it Bulgarian or from timbuck too. Its not going to raise androgen levels.

Get some Longjax or fadogia

Doesnt matter if it Bulgarian or from timbuck too. Its not going to raise androgen levels.

Apparently it will if your level is lower than normal. Just ask Emeric.

So is it accurate to say as an addition to a normal PCT, supping also Tribulus offers no boost to free test levels???

Tribulas will not raise YOUR testosterone levels SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF BRO EVERYBODY BODY FUNCTION DIFFERENTLY
WHAT MIGHT WORK FOR ONE MIGHT NOT WORK FOR YOU. Tribestan IS THE SHIT

Last edited:
Tribulas will not raise YOUR testosterone levels SPEACK FOR YOUR SELF BRO EVERYBODY BODY FUNCTION DIFFERENTLY
WHAT MIGHT WORK FOR ONE MIGHT NOT WORK FOR YOU. Tribestan IS THE SHIT

No, it wont.

I guess all the recent peer-reviewed studies on Tribulas NOT raising androgen levels are wrong yeah? Because there are lots.

The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not ... [J Ethnopharmacol. 2005] - PubMed result
"with min. content of 60% furostanol saponins determined as protodioscne."
"The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men."

The effects of Tribulus terrestris on body composi... [Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2000] - PubMed result
"The tribulus supplement was an extract that was standardized to 45% saponins and protodyosin."
"Supplementation with tribulus does not enhance body composition or exercise performance in resistance-trained males."

Most recent study on women:

Here's the latest study on tribulus and testosterone levels, this time as two case studies in women. It found that the standardized product Tribestan had no effect on testosterone or DHEA, just like every other peer-reviewed study on tribulus in humans.

Tribulas wont raise testosterone in any individual. There are hundreds of studies confirming that. If you want more, let me know. I'm happy to post them...

Tribestan taken @ 1 pill every 12 hours over the course of post cycle therapy worked wonders for me. Before I included it, I wasn't feeling so well, had no libido to speak of what so ever. Just wasn't myself. Once I included the Tribestan, within 3 days I had a dramatic improvement in my sense of well being and my libido was right back to normal. Something about Tribestan works. I don't think I'll ever go through another PCT without it.

No, it wont.

I guess all the recent peer-reviewed studies on Tribulas NOT raising androgen levels are wrong yeah? Because there are lots.

The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not ... [J Ethnopharmacol. 2005] - PubMed result
"with min. content of 60% furostanol saponins determined as protodioscne."
"The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men."

The effects of Tribulus terrestris on body composi... [Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2000] - PubMed result
"The tribulus supplement was an extract that was standardized to 45% saponins and protodyosin."
"Supplementation with tribulus does not enhance body composition or exercise performance in resistance-trained males."

Most recent study on women:

Here's the latest study on tribulus and testosterone levels, this time as two case studies in women. It found that the standardized product Tribestan had no effect on testosterone or DHEA, just like every other peer-reviewed study on tribulus in humans.

Tribulas wont raise testosterone in any individual. There are hundreds of studies confirming that. If you want more, let me know. I'm happy to post them...

Tribulus Terrestris is a very fragile herb, hence the blister packs that Sopharma uses. Tribestan is NOT the same as all the other crap out there with the name tribulus attached to it.

It, Tribestan, does work when your levels are lower than normal. PCT for example. Tribulus Terrestris? Not so much, which has been documented as you cited already.

There is a ton of negative research but has any of it been done on actual TRIBESTAN. If not then I do not see how it applies to TRIBESTAN.

I am using tribestan 1 tab every 12 hours 2 weeks into my pct and it is definitely working well for me my sex drive was actually really high the other day for two days after i had been drowning 5 pills in one day. So yes for me its a good product, but expensive.

Tribulus Terrestris is a very fragile herb, hence the blister packs that Sopharma uses. Tribestan is NOT the same as all the other crap out there with the name tribulus attached to it.

It, Tribestan, does work when your levels are lower than normal. PCT for example. Tribulus Terrestris? Not so much, which has been documented as you cited already.

Tribestan is meerly a brand name. The research has been carried out on Bulgarian Tribulas Terrestis.

There are hundreds of studies confirming it does nada for androgen production in resistance trained males and females.

Buy something else that has be proven in recent research, such as Ashwagandha Root Extract It will raise endogenous T by 40% and improve sperm production/mobility. If anyone wants references, let me know.

Tribestan is meerly a brand name. The research has been carried out on Bulgarian Tribulas Terrestis.

There are hundreds of studies confirming it does nada for androgen production in resistance trained males and females.

Buy something else that has be proven in recent research, such as Ashwagandha Root Extract It will raise endogenous T by 40% and improve sperm production/mobility. If anyone wants references, let me know.

It's not that simple. Tribestan is the precision EXTRACT (concentrate) of Tribulus terrestris herb with the proper ratio of protodioscin to protogracillin. This is critcal for TT to be effective.

The herb in capsule form is a bad move also due to the rapid degradation it will go through being exposed to the oxygen in the air every time you open the bottle. It also doesn't like being mixed with ingredients of differing moisture content, etc. Like I said it's a very fragile herb.

No doubt there are other herbs out there that work also. To say Tribestan does not raise test levels is just ignorant, unless you are for some reason resistant to it. That's highly unlikely. You're most likely just not using it properly.

Where's Emeric when ya need him?

www.tribestan.com

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
It's not that simple. Tribestan is the precision EXTRACT (concentrate) of Tribulus terrestris herb with the proper ratio of protodioscin to protogracillin. This is critcal for TT to be effective.

The herb in capsule form is a bad move also due to the rapid degradation it will go through being exposed to the oxygen in the air every time you open the bottle. It also doesn't like being mixed with ingredients of differing moisture content, etc. Like I said it's a very fragile herb.

No doubt there are other herbs out there that work also. To say Tribestan does not raise test levels is just ignorant, unless you are for some reason resistant to it. That's highly unlikely. You're most likely just not using it properly.

Tribestan (Tribulus terrestris)

**broken link removed**

Yes you are correct regarding the % of the protodioscin and protogracillin, and it don`t mater how high is the % of saponins and protodioscin if the extract is with out protogracillin than you will see no results. Also what part of the plant is used and where the plant come from, yes is out there extracts from Bulgarian Tribulus terrestris but is the extract from the steam, root or the fruit. Only the extract from the leves has the 2 main active ingredient.

Tribestan is not a hormonal preparation so it will never have the results similar with pro hormones and will have no similar side effects. I can`t spik out for all the Tribulus products studies, I go by the study coducted by the Chemical Pharmaceutical Research Institute of Sofia Bulgaria.

The experimental data on Tribestan were confirmed clinically by three teams so far: Higher military medical institute- under the direction of Prof.Iv. Viktorov, corresponding member of the Bulgarian academy of sciences; Medical academy -Institute of endrocrinology,greontology and geratics and Medical Academy- Institute of Obstertrics and Gynecology.

So the Tribestan it would never increases you test levels out of range. How ever it will help to increase the levels of testosterone if you level it is below normal.

You need to see the whole picture of the benefits of the Tribestan, not only the testosterone but also the benefits regarding the Central nevous system; effect on the cardiovascular system; the stimulating effect on spermatogenesis; effect on dna-synthesis in germinative cells; effect on lyding and sertoli cells of the testis; effect on concentration motility and survival of spermatoza. Also it was clinical studies on women with endrocrine infertility or menopause syndrome.

Tribestan is to overcome sexual function disorders and to preserv the sexual potentials of male and femele individuals.

I've had very good results with Testofen after cycles

Nice! I'm going to check that one out. How long did it take to kick in.

Really? Why's it critical. Because, to me, its just marketing bullshit. The studies above used high protodioscin contents and specific ratios of various saponins.

Dont you think hundreds of published medical studies done on TT know that. Here's one study. Titled: [Determination of furostanol saponins in the preparation Tribestan]. Dated 1982.

In light of the research carried out on TT. It does not raise testosterone levels, imporve performance, LBM, FFM or imporve strength.

Tribestan (Tribulus terrestris)

**broken link removed**

Here's recent research (Jan 2008) on TT on 2 women, measuring endogenous T and DHEA aswell as other androgens. I'm 99% sure they used Tribestan. I skimmed the full paper a while ago and dont have a copy of it on this computer.

Forensic Sci Int. 2008 Jun 10;178(1):e7-10. Epub 2008 Feb 20.

Short term impact of Tribulus terrestris intake on doping control analysis of endogenous steroids.
Saudan C, Baume N, Emery C, Strahm E, Saugy M.

Swiss Laboratory for Doping Analyses, Institut Universitaire de Médecine Légale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, Chemin des Croisettes 22, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland.

Tribulus terrestris is a nutritional supplement highly debated regarding its physiological and actual effects on the organism. The main claimed effect is an increase of testosterone anabolic and androgenic action through the activation of endogenous testosterone production. Even if this biological pathway is not entirely proven, T. terrestris is regularly used by athletes. Recently, the analysis of two female urine samples by GC/C/IRMS (gas chromatography/combustion/isotope-ratio-mass-spectrometry) conclusively revealed the administration of exogenous testosterone or its precursors, even if the testosterone glucuronide/epitestosterone glucuronide (T/E) ratio and steroid marker concentrations were below the cut-off values defined by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). To argue against this adverse analytical finding, the athletes recognized having used T. terrestris in their diet. In order to test this hypothesis, two female volunteers ingested 500 mg of T. terrestris, three times a day and for two consecutive days. All spot urines were collected during 48 h after the first intake. The (13)C/(12)C ratio of ketosteroids was determined by GC/C/IRMS, the T/E ratio and DHEA concentrations were measured by GC/MS and LH concentrations by radioimmunoassay. None of these parameters revealed a significant variation or increased above the WADA cut-off limits. Hence, the short-term treatment with T. terrestris showed no impact on the endogenous testosterone metabolism of the two subjects.

PMID: 18282674 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

The only research done on Tribestan is by Sopharma. The company who produces it and conducted the research on it, which is an immediate conflict of intrest.

Again, Ashwagandha RE has recently been proven to improve endogneous T by 40% and improve sperm production/mobility.

Ashwagandha and Testosterone - Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com / Anabolic Review Forums

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131