over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tricep injury

Yeah Dr insisted 14 days in the cast!! Fuck me..:banghead: Thanks brother...I can't keep away and just sit around. I work from home or jump on a plane ...so I'm grounded for now.

4 more days in this cast ! Started firing my tri today....finally no pain there.

Nice ya i could even fully fire it until about a week after the splint came off. But i was only in mine 7 days.

Got that cast off yesterday...put me in a removable splint. Doctor says to take it off a few times a day and stretch the tri tendon until tight..not pushing too far.
If I try to contract my arm towards my face (palm facing face) I can get just a hair past 90 degrees before it tightens.
Any advice with this...what did you guys do? Incision doesn't look as bad as I would think...about 2 inches above the elbow ..continuing to about 1.5 inches below the elbow.

The dr told me not to go past 90 degrees for a couple weeks after surgery. I just kept pushing it a little farther past 90 degrees, more and more over about three weeks until my full rom came back. Hope the inj protocol is going well, I think you'll find it's worth the trouble. 4 and a half months out of surgery now and benching 225x12 easy.

Also I thought overhead tricep pressing my towel after a shower was good at this stage

Some days it's just depressing. still a lil sore around the area ...but going most of the day without the splint now. Only wear it for sleep (in case I roll over on it) and the gym (too much shit to bump into and irritate that area).
ROM is pretty close to being back all the way,,,,I'm still gun shy about testing it out much.
My doc says 6 weeks post op is key...that's where I can start to really make some progress. Tuesday will be 4 weeks.
Speaking of doc...getting an appt is tough, as I have a ton of business travel coming up. I may have to rehab this thing myself . Can anyone post their rehab protocol? Their are a few on the net...but I wanna see what bros have done.

This was one of the most interesting logs i've read in a while.

Dude you're hardcore as f**.Love you lol :cool:

I thought it would be good to log, as I'm sure other guys will have this happen as well (hope they don't, but it's a reality).
You'd be surprised at how many times you bang or bump your arm/elbow during the day! Never paid much attention ...until now!!

I started with really light tricep cable push downs for rehab. I did the tricep push down motion with no weight while my arm was as fired as I could make it, throughout the day. Hit a bunch of different angles. I skipped therapy. Also started benching the bar, then added tens, stayed at 95 for for a couple weeks, Until 135 went really easy.

You'll be back before you know it man! I tore my bicep in late January (maybe early feb) and competed in a show in November with no problems at all. Take it very easy getting back into it. The tendon grows stronger with the bone if you gradually increase strength and allow it to adapt. Of course other things promoting collagen synthesis is going to help too.

The worst pain for me was the damn screw they put in to hold the tendon down. Drilling through my bone was painful as hell after surgery.

Here's a shot from the show... which bicep did I tear?? edit: lol I'm the one in the red trunks

Attachments

• AS2015pm -3241.jpg
    AS2015pm -3241.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 79
Fade- you look good brother...can't even tell!

@Fade : Right but you're looking GREAT :)

Haha yep it was the right one. Little bit of a visible difference but not too terrible. Still need to bring it up to match the other. The gap will always be there but the size is still a slight bit smaller

Thanks mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vin, I am at 9 weeks post rotator cuff repair. From what I understand tendons start to feel good around 6-8 weeks. Which is what I am feeling (with pharma help of course) That is where it gets scary, because your are tempted to push it a bit. Baby steps. I think jacky's approach sounds great.

If you are traveling get a PT to give you a rehab protocol and instructions.

Luckily tricep does literally one thing, so rehab should be very straightforward.

Update:

Just passed week 7 post op.

Started official PT with script from doctor. I've been training lightly (but progressively) for the past few weeks...now they are asking me to stop.
Back to cardio and legs....I don't think so! PT provider seemed very knowledgeable and says I'm her 4th tricep guy recently. She wants a full 6 months of PT before releasing me.
I'm not going back to legs and cardio only. She did give me some nice strengthening exercises with supination and pronation though. Nothing pushing the tricep area though. ONly working the areas above and below my elbow.
Do they use the same protocol for everyone? Frustrating.

Keep it light and easy man - some extra carefulness now will potentially save you another tear and a LONGER time in recovery next time. Let that bone and tendon heal up nicely together and as it heals it'll get stronger over time. Don't push it (and I wouldn't train progressively).. Just focus on getting some reps in and nothing heavy.

Deep down, I know you're right. I was just a little frustrated. I went super light with sets of 15 today. Extremely slow and controlled reps. All cables and machines too...guess I can live with this.
After hearing other guys being able to push their recovery and get back faster, I thought I could push it more. I'll tell you what, after not training upper body for 2 months, my chest was sore for 3 days after the first time....even with stupid light weight.

Ya my chest was sore the first time i hit 135 on bench after surgery. More sore then when i do 275 or 315 every week normally before surgery. I think they use the same PT programs for everyone. We arent everyone, i feel like the programs are for very weak people (most people). I was looking around the PT place noticing how unhealthy all the patients looked. That was the first and last time i went. Just over five months out from surgery now. Did 185 for 5 on seated overhead press yesterday, real slow and controlled full rom. Triceps close to 100% now.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws