over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRICEP TIPS

what works great for me is doing skull crushers on an incline and dcline not just flat. incline deff hits another part of the tri then flat or decline. i also bring the weight behind my head and touch the pad of the bench in stead of going to my forhead, also by doing this when i lock out my tri i have constant tention at the top because the arms are in back of me at an angle not directly in front of my eyes like regular ones if this makes any sense to you guys. also try them on the cable machine too deff hits it diff too.

For Triceps

I like doing:

#1. Dips
#2. Overhead db press
#3. Skull-crushers
#4. Extensions

Now my questions are; when doing dips, is it better to use the wider part of the parallel bar or the closer part?

I have always had my shoulders and wrists "pinch" in irritation when doing close-grip bench presses, so if I was to use a shoulder length spread, I should also stop before I make contact with my chest??

Extensions: What do most ppl here like using when they do these? The rope, triangle, or straight bar? When I do these I extend down, and on the negative I stop just before my chest...but I see many other folks taking it to head level, and it appears a much longer motion...thoughts?

Great thread. I wish Phil would post shit like this all the time.

Unfortunately triceps are probably my single strongest point, so I can't make much use of this. Arms in general. I have good tricep definition though. It's the one thing I'm really satisfied with.

I absolutely love weighted dips on the captain's chair. My favorite exercise by far. Consistently gets my chest sore as shit, and really works the tris.

My most hated exercise is the bench press. Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it. So boring, never gets me sore for some reason, and just doesn't seem to work my chest...

And of course, the first question people ask me when they talk to me is "HOW MUCH U BENCH LEWL?"

Last edited:
Great thread. I wish Phil would post shit like this all the time.

Unfortunately triceps are probably my single strongest point, so I can't make much use of this. Arms in general. I have good tricep definition though. It's the one thing I'm really satisfied with.

I absolutely love weighted dips on the captain's chair. My favorite exercise by far. Consistently gets my chest sore as shit, and really works the tris.

My most hated exercise is the bench press. Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it. So boring, never gets me sore for some reason, and just doesn't seem to work my chest...

And of course, the first question people ask me when they talk to me is "HOW MUCH U BENCH LEWL?"

dips, if your leaning forward is a chest excercise.

Not to hi-jack or get off the topic but in this case I'd say bench using a wide grip or decline wide grip..your tris are to strong.

Yeah. My tris/arms in general always take over on the bench press. Never gets my chest sore.

I switched to strictly decline with dumbbells, but weighted dips still seem to be the absolute best for working my chest optimally.

Yeah. My tris/arms in general always take over on the bench press. Never gets my chest sore.

I switched to strictly decline with dumbbells, but weighted dips still seem to be the absolute best for working my chest optimally.

Have you tied the wide grip neck press for pecs? Pressing up only 2/3 of the way? Of course, it's not as great as the dips but it is a close second.

I'm not familiar with that exercise.

YouTube - COLEMAN-CUTLER VIDEO

0:41

Is it what Ronnie is doing in that video at that time?

No, this one is performed on a flat bench, chest out, scapula pulled tight, thumbs about 30 inches apart, lower bar all the way down to the clavicle until you feel the stretch in the pecs, press up 2/3rds of the way, repeat.

CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESSES- IS A MISNOMER, NEVER DO CLOSE GRIP.....ALWAYS DO SHOULDER WIDTH GRIP. DO NOT BRING THE BAR DOWN TO YOUR CHEST, STAY MAYBE 3-4 INCHES AWAY BUT ALMOST LOCK OUT ON TOP. YOU CAN BETTER DO THESE ON THE FLOOR USING DBs.........KEEP PALMS FACING EACH OTHER, SAME REP PERFORMANCE AS ON A BENCH.

I agree Phil, to the chest is too much torque on the wrist, and too close of a grip is not necessary for the lock out and just increases chance of injury. These are great free weight on flat bench, but I love doing them on the smith machine using the locks to keep it a few inches above the chest.

No, this one is performed on a flat bench, chest out, scapula pulled tight, thumbs about 30 inches apart, lower bar all the way down to the clavicle until you feel the stretch in the pecs, press up 2/3rds of the way, repeat.

Ahhhhhhh. That sounds very good. Tomorrow is chest/tri day. I'm going to give that a whirl.

Last edited:
I have been doing close grip exactly like this for a while now and it really blew my triceps up, plus my pressing strength in general has gone up quite a bit as well. Love them

I like doing:

#1. Dips
#2. Overhead db press
#3. Skull-crushers
#4. Extensions

Now my questions are; when doing dips, is it better to use the wider part of the parallel bar or the closer part?

I have always had my shoulders and wrists "pinch" in irritation when doing close-grip bench presses, so if I was to use a shoulder length spread, I should also stop before I make contact with my chest??

Extensions: What do most ppl here like using when they do these? The rope, triangle, or straight bar? When I do these I extend down, and on the negative I stop just before my chest...but I see many other folks taking it to head level, and it appears a much longer motion...thoughts?

x2

Ahhhhhhh. That sounds very good. Tomorrow is chest/tri day. I'm going to give that a whirl.

And if you don't have a strong mind-muscle connection with your chest yet, you will after you master this exercise. If it doesn't trigger your "danger, danger, danger" alarm in your head, you're not doing it right. Ha ha.

Thanks!

Phil thanks for the info! Iam gonna start this week on this!!

Smith machine reverse grip BP

i use reverse grip in my DC rotation. i found that the wider i grip the bar the better it feels on my wrists and the more i feel the tension in my tri's. the idea is to still have the hands move towards the armpits like the CGBP, keeping the elbows tucked in. if you set the bench up properly your upperback and shoulders should be on the bench and your ass should be off it. this will force the lower half of your upper body to rise a bit taking alot of the tension off of your shoulders. Thing about the angle that you would get if you rolled up a towel and but it under your butt on the bench. DC has a much better description of this. i thought it was wierd the first time i read it but i will say after you get it down its great.

That was some sound advice, kingpeon. I think that is going to be my new first exercise on chest/tri day. I really like that stretch at the bottom, and the 2/3rds press really keeps the tension high. My pecs haven't been that packed with blood in a while. Looked great in the mirror. :)

That was some sound advice, kingpeon. I think that is going to be my new first exercise on chest/tri day. I really like that stretch at the bottom, and the 2/3rds press really keeps the tension high. My pecs haven't been that packed with blood in a while. Looked great in the mirror. :)

You could've thanked Vince Gironda if he were still alive. But I'll accept it on his behalf. Wait until you're handling some respectable poundages this way. People trip when they see you pushing big weight from your neck!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear