over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Triceps workout?

Pikiriki

Registered
Hi everyone, I am new on here so if I ask a stupid question please bare with me :) and make sure to correct me.

Can I ask which exercises focus on the "fluffy" area of the triceps? (Upper bit)
At the moment I do: triceps cable pull down, overhead extensions- sometimes with the bar sometimes single arm with the dumbbell, dips.

Also anyone looking for a training partner North London :)
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome mate! For the horseshoe, my favorite are weighted dips and skull crushers. I like to focus on volume with the skull crushers 20-30 reps with drop sets and weighted 8-10 with dips. Makes them burn every time. Hope this helps.

The "fluffy" part? The long head? Once you develop a strong mind-muscle connection you can hit any part of the tricep with just about any exercise for tri's...i've found that straight bar pushdowns with very low weight is a good way to develop the mind connection.

Welcome mate! For the horseshoe, my favorite are weighted dips and skull crushers. I like to focus on volume with the skull crushers 20-30 reps with drop sets and weighted 8-10 with dips. Makes them burn every time. Hope this helps.

Flexpack215 I wish I was strong enough to do dips without the assisted machine first haha

Thank you both for your comments.

Mind muscle is important for arm training esp.

I like the rope. I use it first as my warm up. Take light weight literally 20-30-40 lbs. N squeezehard. 20-30 reps 3-4sets. Good for warming up my elbows too

Flexpack215 I wish I was strong enough to do dips without the assisted machine first haha

That's all you need to do bro start slow and work your way up. As King said, mind muscle connection is extremely important for arms. Do the assisted machine and work your way up. I would rotate several different tricep moves. Takes time but it will come.

There's the issue right there. You need to hit the basics and get stronger.
Once you can do basic dips you will see improvement in your triceps.

I am not being sarcastic, hit the gym and get stronger on the basics, close grip bench, dips, skull crushers. It's not the exercise selection you need, it's just hard work. Keep grinding, you'll get there!

Back to basics then.
Been a lazy bum and didn't touched any weights or trained at all for the past 5 months. Hit that stage where you lose "motivation".
Skull crushes- those are hard ones and my elbows hurt a bit, but will take it easy and work my way up.
One day I hope to be able to do dips without the assisted machine and pulls up! [emoji123]🏼
Thank you for advice.

One more thing... What exactly does it mean " strong mind-muscle"?

Back to basics then.
Been a lazy bum and didn't touched any weights or trained at all for the past 5 months. Hit that stage where you lose "motivation".
Skull crushes- those are hard ones and my elbows hurt a bit, but will take it easy and work my way up.
One day I hope to be able to do dips without the assisted machine and pulls up! [emoji123]🏼
Thank you for advice.

A good way to improve your dips is doing the excentric part of the movement, so you jump to help the concenctic part and then do on your own the excentric movement. Also you can use bands to help you, it is up to you.

That's all you need to do bro start slow and work your way up. As King said, mind muscle connection is extremely important for arms. Do the assisted machine and work your way up. I would rotate several different tricep moves. Takes time but it will come.

So its ok to call girls bro nowadays? Lol

So its ok to call girls bro nowadays? Lol

Lol my apologies, I didn't even look at the profile pic as I was quickly reading through the topic. Thanks for pointing that out.
Sorry bout that Pikiriki[emoji4]

Lol my apologies, I didn't even look at the profile pic as I was quickly reading through the topic. Thanks for pointing that out.
Sorry bout that Pikiriki[emoji4]

[emoji23][emoji23] it's ok Flexpack215 I am a bit of a Tom girl anyway [emoji23]

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc