over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tried FRUIT diet...never do it again

I too decided to give the fruit a try after staying away from it almost entirely due to reading some Parillo acticles back in the day.

So far I have replaced my oats with melons, berries, and apples. So far bloat is down and I feel much more energetic. Grains generally make me feel tired. Even 1/2c of oats makes me want to sleep. I will continue with my experiment and so far like the results.

Well...

Im doing mainly fruits for this diet... through my research, low glycemic, which in turn has less of a insulin reponse. And when eaten with protein, it lowers the glycemic index even further. Ive read the higher affinity to liver glycogen, but was that study done with active resistant training subjects? One could argue that fructose requires no energy to pass into cells, which then means less energy expenditure. But so far so good, im enjoying this diet on fruit and will carry it all the way through...

Goo

Complex

No complex carbs. Add the fruits with protein and good fats!

I think many people are allergic to some kind of fruits, more than others....Find out what works to your body

So far so good for me...I'm liking this fruit diet right now :D

I was surprised...

When I got my diet from Phil I was a bit surprised to see his recommendations for fruit. FOR ME, it's just fruit, greens and glycerol from LBA's. I like to think I'm not a "parrot" and have done my fair share of studies in health and nutrition in both school and outside. I was really into the whole "avoid fructose, it coverts to fat too easily" and "eat only low glycemic carbs" like kidney beans, etc. With that said though, there is much merit and science behind such dietary practices (eating low GI carbs that is).

So, I bit the bullet, and just did (and am doing) the diet as laid out. I HATE vege's and only get them from two servings of TJ's "super green powder" (and kim-chee... careful, LOTS of sodium!), so half my carbs are fruit (50-100 g/day) and glycerol (35-70 g/day).

I thought for sure I was going to get fat (well, I am fat, so... fattER)... not at all. Like many others said- I don't feel bloated, I never feel "flat". I'm no "lean machine"... but I'm GETTING leaner.

I can liken the diet somewhat similar to "the Caveman Diet" and other variations... what were the first and main food groups our oldest ancestors digestive systems survived on? Fruits, vege's and meats. Sure, grains eventually came along, but not to the extent of today's diet (besides which, their MUCH more active lifestyle could afford them more carbs). And yes, rice eventually did become a staple of other cultures (Asia) but again, their lifestyles afforded them to eat more carbs (though today's Asian culture is getting fatter and fatter through Westernization) AND their serving sizes were typically much smaller compared to our "fill the plate to the edge" kind of servings.

But, as a whole, all of "mankind" (and this is an oversimplified anthropological statement) are related to each other via the discovery of "mitochondrial Eve" and so, the very first and basic design of our GI system (for every culture) seems to be rooted in digesting the more "available" foods... fruits and vege's.

For those who are experiencing bloating and the like, the odds are it's d/t the increased fiber content, which also pulls water into the intestinal space. Given enough time, it's something your body will get used to.

Myo

I agree with the bloating thing. Some are just not use to the fiber. This only happened to me for the first two days. After it cleared I started looking better already. Cutting the conmplex carbs works for me.

For me the fact that I do NOT want to sleep after eating is the best part of eating fruit and not grains. No matter how "clean" the source I was always tired after eating. Not any more.

It is sugar...........all carbs are sugar..........and it all depends upon how fast this sugar enters the blood stream.........

I should have really explained it better... What I meant was when I rec fruit to various people many of them they seem to think it is table sugar. Obviously it is fructose. They don't really understand the different types. So to many of them when I say how much fruit I eat they look at me in a puzzled manner. They think it is like the sugar you get in most sweets. Even after I explain it to them they still think the same... like it has been ingrained. Most fellas I chat to seem tend to believe fruit is good for you but not for bodybuilding cos it is sugar and will just add to fat. I always laugh when I read in the muscle mags how bad fruit is for bodybuilding. Just wanna say keep the info coming. This is a very informative thread.

Actually

I should have really explained it better... What I meant was when I rec fruit to various people many of them they seem to think it is table sugar. Obviously it is fructose. They don't really understand the different types. So to many of them when I say how much fruit I eat they look at me in a puzzled manner. They think it is like the sugar you get in most sweets. Even after I explain it to them they still think the same... like it has been ingrained. Most fellas I chat to seem tend to believe fruit is good for you but not for bodybuilding cos it is sugar and will just add to fat. I always laugh when I read in the muscle mags how bad fruit is for bodybuilding. Just wanna say keep the info coming. This is a very informative thread.

Do a search about how much fructose is in your favorite fruit choices

Do a search about how much fructose is in your favorite fruit choices

Whats your thoughts about blue berries and strawberries? Those are really the only ones I eat. I put a big handful of each in my protein shakes each day.

Phil,

isn't it true that when one consumes fruits, they should be the "pithy" kind? Grapefruits, kiwi's, red apples, etc?

Stay away from green apples, bananas, etc, right?

Phil,

isn't it true that when one consumes fruits, they should be the "pithy" kind? Grapefruits, kiwi's, red apples, etc?

I know very little but I do know that green apples are one of the best fruits to eat. Low GI, tons of good fiber

Phil,

I hope not! I've been eating, banana, apple, grapes, watermelon, honeydew, pineapple, oranges, and other berries. Hmm just thought we had to make a variety.

Phil,

Why stay away from green apples? You cant beat a nice cold juicy granny smith before or after a workout:D. Anyone thats gonna tell me its bad is gonna have serious problems with me:mad:

I am gonna try this for my low carb diet right now.

On trainign days I eat about 300p/100f/100c - 80g of the carbs are in small servings PWO. I'll make those fruits (grapefruit, banana and green apples) and only eat normal carbs on carb up days... Worth a shot. Should help keep the metabolism going.

Well

I am only here to help people....open their eyes to what I went through........I know there are many cynics who have been burned by peeps..........not where I grew up and came from.......if it was BS I would not tell everyone what I think is right. I started working out and studying this sport at 12 years old......I am now 44.........

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws