over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tried FRUIT diet...never do it again

SSmith

Registered
ok firstly I'm not saying that all this fruit diet thing isn't working, I want to say that if you want to try out and get the most benefit from specific diets or training routines, drug protocols etc you have to hire someone who was doing this years after years (Phil Hernon in this case)

so I was reading about all good things that makes fruit diet makes you - crazy leanness, muscle fullness and of course tasty fruits you can eat being on diet, I decided to try it again...I had tried it in the past for a few days, but felt terrible and looked even worse after those few days...This time I thought 2 days isn't enough time for the body to adjust to diet so this time I was going to try it for at least 2 weeks no matter what

When started I was 24 6 foot 255 9% bf, was 400-600g carbs 350g protein and 80-100g fat 4000-4500 cals...basics-oats,rice,pasta,some fruits, eggs, fish, chicken, cottage cheese, olive oil, pb....
training-basics - 4-5 times a week, 1 body part a day 1 time a week (arms were hit 2 times a week) chest triceps/ legs / back biceps / shoulders / arms
suppls-1000mg test e, 225mg tren.

switched to fruit diet. other things were kept the same
had 6-7 meal a day, every meal consisted of:
Protein: 50g total from chicken or fish or eggs or beef or cottage cheese or whey
Carbs: 50g total from apples, strawberries, bananas, dried fruit some milk
Fats: 1-2 tbsp olive oil, peanut butter, nuts

Results after 2 weeks (15 days actually) I've dropped 11lbs, 1%bf (tested) but I looked flatter and smoother on this and at the end of this diet, got weaker at the gym, had no energy for nothing else but gym. But the worst thing I hungry ALL THE TIME, I was always thinking about food because I was always hungry...hungry before gym, hungry after gym, hungry before sleep, hungry in the middle of the night, hungry 5minutes after I had eaten the meal....

I had been 3rd day when I switched to my old diet and I'm feeling A LOT better, looking A LOT better fuller and at least 10 time leaner and more vascular.

again - I'm not saying that this diet isn't working (hell there are a lot of examples that it works and it works amazing) I'm sure that I was following only 10% of what Phil Hernon is making his client to do that's why I haven't got any results from it and that's why you've to hire someone who is specialized in specific diets training routines if you want to get 100% out of it.

I believe fructose doesn't trigger insulin response, thus explaining flatness. plus most BBs avoid fruits in precontest as it can slow fat loss.

Answer

ok firstly I'm not saying that all this fruit diet thing isn't working, I want to say that if you want to try out and get the most benefit from specific diets or training routines, drug protocols etc you have to hire someone who was doing this years after years (Phil Hernon in this case)

so I was reading about all good things that makes fruit diet makes you - crazy leanness, muscle fullness and of course tasty fruits you can eat being on diet, I decided to try it again...I had tried it in the past for a few days, but felt terrible and looked even worse after those few days...This time I thought 2 days isn't enough time for the body to adjust to diet so this time I was going to try it for at least 2 weeks no matter what

When started I was 24 6 foot 255 9% bf, was 400-600g carbs 350g protein and 80-100g fat 4000-4500 cals...basics-oats,rice,pasta,some fruits, eggs, fish, chicken, cottage cheese, olive oil, pb....
training-basics - 4-5 times a week, 1 body part a day 1 time a week (arms were hit 2 times a week) chest triceps/ legs / back biceps / shoulders / arms
suppls-1000mg test e, 225mg tren.

switched to fruit diet. other things were kept the same
had 6-7 meal a day, every meal consisted of:
Protein: 50g total from chicken or fish or eggs or beef or cottage cheese or whey
Carbs: 50g total from apples, strawberries, bananas, dried fruit some milk
Fats: 1-2 tbsp olive oil, peanut butter, nuts

Results after 2 weeks (15 days actually) I've dropped 11lbs, 1%bf (tested) but I looked flatter and smoother on this and at the end of this diet, got weaker at the gym, had no energy for nothing else but gym. But the worst thing I hungry ALL THE TIME, I was always thinking about food because I was always hungry...hungry before gym, hungry after gym, hungry before sleep, hungry in the middle of the night, hungry 5minutes after I had eaten the meal....

I had been 3rd day when I switched to my old diet and I'm feeling A LOT better, looking A LOT better fuller and at least 10 time leaner and more vascular.

again - I'm not saying that this diet isn't working (hell there are a lot of examples that it works and it works amazing) I'm sure that I was following only 10% of what Phil Hernon is making his client to do that's why I haven't got any results from it and that's why you've to hire someone who is specialized in specific diets training routines if you want to get 100% out of it.

Your mistake was losing 11 pounds and not eating if you were hungry all the time. ANYONE who loses weight FAST, its water right away, NOT FAT, so you will just be smaller and flat.............it takes a few weeks to see fat loss.........ALSO.........I NEVER PUT ANYONE ON A FRUIT DIET.........THATS THE CRAZIEST TING I HAVE EVER HEARD....................the rumors about my routine are............rumors

Like Phil said, if you were starving all the time then you were not following the plan and eating when you were hungry. Many people seem to have trouble grasping the concept of eating when they are actually hungry. To many times people eat because it is a certain hour or for social events/obligations. That is what truly takes time to master is listening toy our body and giving what it needs when it needs it. Unfortunately some never get it............................

Not knocking fruit per se, but what's the benefit of eating all sugar? Gonna lose muscle mass without lean protein and appropriate complex carbs.

I believe fructose doesn't trigger insulin response, thus explaining flatness. plus most BBs avoid fruits in precontest as it can slow fat loss.

Fructose may not triger an insulin response but it can definitely lead to insulin resistance if you consume too much fructose.. Which in time leads to metabolic syndrome.. Then you have people who have issues with gas and bloat when consuming too much fruit due to leaky gut.. Fructose is stored in the liver, which can store up to 100 grams of carbs.. But, even without a full liver, there is a chance that fructose can be stored as bodyfat.. So i like to follow the rule of around 20 grams of fructose a day..

The best I've ever looked were the few times I had enough willpower to stay consistant on my fruit diet for SEVERAL weeks straight... it definitely works, and works amazingly well. If you're hungry, then just eat more... you'll lose less weight, but less muscle tissue also. ;)

Yes

The best I've ever looked were the few times I had enough willpower to stay consistant on my fruit diet for SEVERAL weeks straight... it definitely works, and works amazingly well. If you're hungry, then just eat more... you'll lose less weight, but less muscle tissue also. ;)

The problem with people is they associate fruits with pure fructose..........NOT TRUE .........you really need to know nutrition before understanding dieting............and just not repeat what someone said in a muscle magazine

ME TOO

X2
best i ever look is when i get my carbs from fruit. i feel it has a natural diuretic effect thus veins are out more and the water in them really helps fill me up and the fiber in fruits are great for a high protein diet. more nutrients and minerals in fruit than rice and oats too. there are reasons to eat complex carbs but i think they should only be a small percentage of total carbs.

please don't get this thread confused with phils diet and training. this is someone guessing what his diet is like and going at it on their own. Everyone is different and PHIL realizes that so diets are adjusted. plus, i never heard him advocate a all fruit diet....
-JS

Like most things discussed on this forum thye key is balance usually. Someone reads one sentence then from that feel they can construct an entire diet thinking the person they read it from advocates this. I love fruit and it's probably my fav carb source. But that doesn't mean I will use it for all my carbs. Extremes very rarely work in the LONG RUN. I tend to get my carbs from oats, brown pasta/rice, sweet potatoes and fruit. Basically what most people do but many seem to be scared of fruit (think it is sugar).

YES!

Like most things discussed on this forum thye key is balance usually. Someone reads one sentence then from that feel they can construct an entire diet thinking the person they read it from advocates this. I love fruit and it's probably my fav carb source. But that doesn't mean I will use it for all my carbs. Extremes very rarely work in the LONG RUN. I tend to get my carbs from oats, brown pasta/rice, sweet potatoes and fruit. Basically what most people do but many seem to be scared of fruit (think it is sugar).

It is sugar...........all carbs are sugar..........and it all depends upon how fast this sugar enters the blood stream.........

Gotta love Phil

I have had quite the opposite effect... My carbs come from fresh fruit, 100% juices, Odwalla juice purees, dried fruits, and I have never felt better. I feel absolutely great, never feel bloated or like I have eaten too much.
Getting ready for shows are a breeze and cardio is very minimul. I look and FEEL healthy all of the time. If only I had known Phil 5 years ago.... :D

fruit

This is what we calling the diet? The fruit diet? Well I love my Fruit diet.

So, for you folks that have had positive results dieting with a lot of fruit: about what percentage of your carbs are coming from fruit and not from more complex sources like say yams or oats? Are you still keeping your protein intake the same and from the same sources?

Very interesting thread.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity