over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

trouble eating after PWO shake.

Maybe try another source of carbs in your PWO shake. dex/malto fills me up so much in my shake PWO I don't even want to look at food for about 3 hrs. Maybe whole oats or cytocarb for example.

The dex/malto is your problem, get rid of that crap and try some Vitargo S2 or Karbolyn for your carbs and you will be able to eat within 20 minutes with no problem. Also what whey do you use? Try to make sure you use ones that are a very thin consistency post w/o.

i used true protein's cold filtration whey.. i'll try a different carb and see how i feel. what kind of carbs are in the products you mentioned?

Maybe try another source of carbs in your PWO shake. dex/malto fills me up so much in my shake PWO I don't even want to look at food for about 3 hrs. Maybe whole oats or cytocarb for example.

cytocarb is just plain maltodextrin. so that won't be much of a difference.. i used to use that before i switched to my current mix of dex/malto.

what about waxy maize? i hate the mess it makes tho, its so powdery! (hard to describe, but if you've used it you know what i mean)

my pwo shake contains 50 grams whey, about 75 grams carbs (dex/malto), a little pepto pro, bcaa's, creatine, and glutamine. after drinking it, i have a hard time eating my ppwo meal. sometimes i feel gross and bloated for up to two hours and don't get a meal in as soon as i'd like.

anyone else have this problem?

Why would you want to eat that soon after your shake anyway? That shake contains enough calories to make it the equivalent to a meal so unless you're eating 8+ meals a day, just wait until you feel you can eat your next meal.

i used true protein's cold filtration whey.. i'll try a different carb and see how i feel. what kind of carbs are in the products you mentioned?

Well TP is pretty thin so it just must be your metabolism. The carbs I use are Karbolyn 2 scoops 60gms or when I have Vitargo 2 scoops is 70gms. Like today at the gym I had 3 scoops of Dymatize Iso 100 which is like 72gms of whey plus 60gms of Karbolyn and maybe 1hr or less I had 2 scoops of Allmax Isoflex which is I think like 81 gms of protein, goes down like water and I have a shit metablolism and still no issues with those 2 shakes back to back then a real meal 1 hour later after 2nd shake.

Iso 100 1 carb per 24gms of protein.
Isoflex has 2 gms per 27 gms of protein and I just started using VPX SRO graham cracker, 20gms per scoop and no carbs at all, 3-4 scoops is thin as water, love how smooth it goes down.

cytocarb is just plain maltodextrin. so that won't be much of a difference.. i used to use that before i switched to my current mix of dex/malto.

what about waxy maize? i hate the mess it makes tho, its so powdery! (hard to describe, but if you've used it you know what i mean)

I would never use waxy maize ever again its crap especially if you are using it because you feel it is a fast absorbing carb, that is all broscience and it has been found to actually be a slow digesting carb. I had no problem eating after a shake with waxy maize back in the day but I never use that crap any more. Now if you just used it just because it is an easy carb source then fine but it is not fast acting, you may as well just use dextrose.

If you are not training that muscle group again within that day, or the next.....you could always just forget about the rate of absorption of the carbs and the meal, and thus eat a regular meal, or something that will not leave you feeling 'full' with a loss of appetite.

You could cut the size of the meal in half too, and then eat the other half later in like an hour or so.

Other than that......man up kid:D j/k.

BMJ

i just eat tuna post workout with some type of carb. im normally ready to chow down on dinner an hour later everytime.

Yes, fat over muscle makes you look big in clothes. :rolleyes:
BTW, You misspelled hungry.

I'm not sure what kind of body weight your trying to carry? 5'6"@ 200lbs?.But at 265@8% you really have a hard time eating enough. I'm in the middle of my bulker and cant get rid of my abb veins force feeding every 2hrs.Thanks for the grammer class though.

do this. Eat 1 cup pineapple, 3 tbsp LBA's. with Kre alkylin/beta analine PWO, then when you get a chance have a meal. do this for a week and tell me how you feel.

do this. Eat 1 cup pineapple, 3 tbsp LBA's. with Kre alkylin/beta analine PWO, then when you get a chance have a meal. do this for a week and tell me how you feel.

3 tbsp LBA is 18 grams of protein right? how is that enough post-workout? i actually have LBA's.... i take digestive enzymes throughout the day... i know pineapple has enzymes, but i've heard fruit isn't the best carb PWO. i'm not doubting you, just wondering the reasoning behind it, and if i dont get in a meal within the hour (other then the one you said), will that be sufficient protein?

on another note... since the start of this thread i lowered with carbs and have been feeling much better. ready to eat soon after the shake!

Why would you want to eat that soon after your shake anyway? That shake contains enough calories to make it the equivalent to a meal so unless you're eating 8+ meals a day, just wait until you feel you can eat your next meal.

this is something else that confuses me... the nature of the ppwo meal. being that, even on cutting diets, this meal usually has carbs in it, i always assumed it had to be eaten in a timely fashion after the PWO shake. basically a meal within the "golden hour" aside from the shake. should i stop worrying so much about this meal being so soon after my PWO shake?

Yeah, i wouldn't worry about it so much. The studies on this topic (Ivy et al.) show that glycogen replenishment is up to 150% faster within the first 2 hours after training and remains elevated above normal levels for roughly a further 4 hours after that. This is more important to those that train more than once a day though. If your diet contains an adequate amount of carbohydrates, you will replenish your glycogen stores before your following workout anyway so i wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you look at some of the later studies with regards to protein, they have found that it may be optimal to eat protein every 4-5 hours with a 5g BCAAs (specifically 2-3g Leucine) between each protein serving to optimise protein synthesis.

Yeah, i wouldn't worry about it so much. The studies on this topic (Ivy et al.) show that glycogen replenishment is up to 150% faster within the first 2 hours after training and remains elevated above normal levels for roughly a further 4 hours after that. This is more important to those that train more than once a day though. If your diet contains an adequate amount of carbohydrates, you will replenish your glycogen stores before your following workout anyway so i wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you look at some of the later studies with regards to protein, they have found that it may be optimal to eat protein every 4-5 hours with a 5g BCAAs (specifically 2-3g Leucine) between each protein serving to optimise protein synthesis.

every 4-5 hours? so your total protein for the day would be less obviously, yet your making more use out of it? is that the idea?

Nope, your total protein would remain the same. You would just increase your serving size per meal.

To save me trying to explain it, it's much easier if you just read the following...

**broken link removed**

Nope, your total protein would remain the same. You would just increase your serving size per meal.

To save me trying to explain it, it's much easier if you just read the following...

**broken link removed**

interesting... only thing is eating that much protein in one meal can be difficult depending on the food you're eating. i can easily eat a 14 ounce steak but anything over 7 to 8 ounces of chicken would be difficult (for me at least).

definitely a good strategy if you miss a meal though... just always have some bcaa's with you and up the protein in the next meal or two.

also, when they mention carbs, are they talking simple, fast acting carbs? and would you lower the real food carbs in your meals since your drinking carbs between meals?

also, when they mention carbs, are they talking simple, fast acting carbs? and would you lower the real food carbs in your meals since your drinking carbs between meals?

I don't really think the source of carb matters. It's just a raise in insulin that you are interested in. I know that Layne (guy that produced the article) uses baked lays, rice cakes, strawberries. That kinda thing.

As for lowering the real food carbs. Yes, of course you would because you should still be aiming to hit your daily macros :)

I don't really think the source of carb matters. It's just a raise in insulin that you are interested in. I know that Layne (guy that produced the article) uses baked lays, rice cakes, strawberries. That kinda thing.

As for lowering the real food carbs. Yes, of course you would because you should still be aiming to hit your daily macros :)

cool. good stuff to know... i personally would use it like i said, if i miss a meal, rather then the way its laid out. i just find it easier to eat around 50 to 60 grams of protein at a time for the most part.

thanks for the info! :headbang:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner