over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

trouble eating after PWO shake.

TODouble2

Registered
my pwo shake contains 50 grams whey, about 75 grams carbs (dex/malto), a little pepto pro, bcaa's, creatine, and glutamine. after drinking it, i have a hard time eating my ppwo meal. sometimes i feel gross and bloated for up to two hours and don't get a meal in as soon as i'd like.

anyone else have this problem?

i am having this same problem as well this week but i just started slin too. after my thick ass shake made up of pretty much exactly what you are taking, i dont really want to eat but dinner is usually ready in 30-60 min. sometimes i sit ant the table for an hour pushing that food down. thats at 7pm. then around 9:30 my stomach growls and i make a shake and a snack and go to bed.

i wonder if digestive enzymes with the shake would help at all??

i am having this same problem as well this week but i just started slin too. after my thick ass shake made up of pretty much exactly what you are taking, i dont really want to eat but dinner is usually ready in 30-60 min. sometimes i sit ant the table for an hour pushing that food down. thats at 7pm. then around 9:30 my stomach growls and i make a shake and a snack and go to bed.

my shake has enzymes in it. plus i take enzymes with most meals. so i guess that's not the case for me at least. :confused:

Im the same way.

Ive found that 20mins pwo cardio helps kick in that hunger.

As well as taking green tea extract throughout the day.

Helps keep my metabolism burning which makes me more hungry.

Just my 2cc's.

75g carbs is most likely the issue. Too much. Youre body is trying to get through it before its signals hunger again. In addition, whey can cause bloat. Try 1/2 the carbs and add protease with your whey. Muscle drives metabolism, not green tea and cardio, lol.

my pwo shake contains 50 grams whey, about 75 grams carbs (dex/malto), a little pepto pro, bcaa's, creatine, and glutamine. after drinking it, i have a hard time eating my ppwo meal. sometimes i feel gross and bloated for up to two hours and don't get a meal in as soon as i'd like.

I have the same issue so on those days when I get to the gym late I end up going to bed alot later than I would like. Two hours is about the earliest I can eat after my PWO shake, but what I really hate is not getting in a final meal after dinner! I end up eating so late within an hour maybe two I am ready for bed and I am still full from dinner, eating cottage cheese or peanut butter is usually out of the question unless I eat early evening.

75g carbs is most likely the issue. Too much. Youre body is trying to get through it before its signals hunger again. In addition, whey can cause bloat. Try 1/2 the carbs and add protease with your whey. Muscle drives metabolism, not green tea and cardio, lol.

a lot of people use 100 grams of carbs to 50g whey... yet others use a 1 to 1 ratio. i'm currently trying to bulk. how do you determine how many carbs PWO is ideal? i'll definetely try using less and see how it makes me feel. if i can get a meal in sooner, i'm all for it.

btw, my whey has protease in it... and my carbs have enzymes as well.

thanks for the input

It's the carbs and the whey. Obviously any form of food digested will lower appetite. But you do know whey suppresses your appetite... even more than most proteins. And that is a decent amount of carbs so all in all I am not surprised. Although I tend to crave food after an intense workout regardless of my post workout shake.

I have the same issue so on those days when I get to the gym late I end up going to bed alot later than I would like. Two hours is about the earliest I can eat after my PWO shake, but what I really hate is not getting in a final meal after dinner! I end up eating so late within an hour maybe two I am ready for bed and I am still full from dinner, eating cottage cheese or peanut butter is usually out of the question unless I eat early evening.

i hear ya... luckily i train in the early afternoon usually. soon i might start running the cjc/ghrp6 combo. pinning the ghrp6 pwo should make me hungry i'm hoping.

its the carbs, cut back on the carbs and you'll get hungry sooner and wont experience the bloat...

It's the carbs and the whey. Obviously any form of food digested will lower appetite. But you do know whey suppresses your appetite... even more than most proteins. And that is a decent amount of carbs so all in all I am not surprised. Although I tend to crave food after an intense workout regardless of my post workout shake.

i'm thinking its more the carbs then the whey being the problem. if i drink a whey shake by itself any other time of day, i'm usually hungry soon after. so it doesn't seem to suppress my appetite much at all.

maybe i'll have my shake PWO with a minimal amount of carbs and have a meal very soon after with simple carbs like white rice or bread.

i'm thinking its more the carbs then the whey being the problem. if i drink a whey shake by itself any other time of day, i'm usually hungry soon after. so it doesn't seem to suppress my appetite much at all.

maybe i'll have my shake PWO with a minimal amount of carbs and have a meal very soon after with simple carbs like white rice or bread.

Of course. Obviously if you were doing 75g protein then it would likely be the protein. But yeah it is mainly the carbs. Thats sounds good. Your best lowering the carbs that way you can eat your post workout meal. I feel your getting alot more by drinking slightly less and eating more than the oppsite. Even just 25g carbs postworkout is good with a decent amount of protein. Then have your big meal. Goodluck with it. Oh and yeah take GHRP-6 and you can have everything plus another 2 meals just to get those cravings to go away!

Maybe you should cut down on that shake? Lower the carbs and protein and such.

The dex/malto is your problem, get rid of that crap and try some Vitargo S2 or Karbolyn for your carbs and you will be able to eat within 20 minutes with no problem. Also what whey do you use? Try to make sure you use ones that are a very thin consistency post w/o.

Back off the slin, it always made me feel like puking, so much that I wont touch it anymore.
For me it was just to much hassle, to carry around packs of sugar, or glucose pills(I used Smarties) just in case.
You are getting hungry again because of the slin as well, sounds like you are running type R.
I would also look at the label as to what kind of whey protein is in your shake, companys are great at fooling people useing cheap whey concentrate, which always killed my stomach.
Find yourself a good whey Isolate, make sure its listed first in the label is there is other types of whey used.
Try Isopure, it is more pricy than the other brands but is an isolate, which is much easier on the stomach.
If you want a quick tip for a good cheap digestive enzyme, buy some fresh chunk pineapple, eat 2-3 small chucnks, I always did this when contest dieting, it worked like a charm.

Last edited:
The dex/malto is your problem, get rid of that crap and try some Vitargo S2 or Karbolyn for your carbs and you will be able to eat within 20 minutes with no problem. Also what whey do you use? Try to make sure you use ones that are a very thin consistency post w/o.

NY, I'm using 1 scoop of Vitargo and 2 scoops whey (Prescription Nutrition) protein and I have that bloated feeling, sometimes miss my last meal of the day due to still feeling full (2-3 hrs after). :confused:

NY, I'm using 1 scoop of Vitargo and 2 scoops whey (Prescription Nutrition) protein and I have that bloated feeling, sometimes miss my last meal of the day due to still feeling full (2-3 hrs after). :confused:

Damn thats odd, I use Prescription Nutrition but not post workout I usually use Dymatize ISO 100 or sometimes mix it with Allmax Isoflex. Very thin and even though Vitargo makes a thick shake it gets through you so fast. I dunno maybe try some Karbolyn, it is not thick like Vitargo S2 but at the same time Vitargo is so fast, you really should be able to eat pretty soon therafter.

I never had a big appitite, Having a 600 cal shake then eating 1hr later, then eating every 2hrs all day long is not really normal but who wants that! Forcing 4000-6000+ cals a day is what we need to grow beyond whats natural.Waiting till your hungrey is waiting to long!

I never had a big appitite, Having a 600 cal shake then eating 1hr later, then eating every 2hrs all day long is not really normal but who wants that! Forcing 4000-6000+ cals a day is what we need to grow beyond whats natural.Waiting till your hungrey is waiting to long!

Yes, fat over muscle makes you look big in clothes. :rolleyes:
BTW, You misspelled hungry.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear