over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRT and Acne?

Boer

Newbies
Since I started TRT a year ago I started breaking out... Especially on my back and shoulders. I went to a dermatologist, and he put me on two cycles of antibiotics and gave up. He said accutane would be the only thing that will help, but with all the law suits and sides effects I decided not to go that route.

I don't even want to meet girls anymore cause of my skin and summer is around the corner, and I would like to be able to take my shirt off at the beach. Any of you guys have good advice to get my skin cleared?

When I lived in South Africa there was a product called Purbac, it cleared my skin in 2 weeks, but I am not able to find that it in the US.

2 options

Stop the AAS / prohormones or use Accutane (with liver support meds and blood work). I went for an entire summer not going swimming or taking my shirt off while trying to fight bacne from prohormones by antibiotics and topicsl stuff (b-5 also). Accutanme was only answer for me- search on this site and you'll see many feel the same way.

Good luck- nasty acne is very depressing.

have you gotten a complete hormone panel including estradiol?

Do you feel your results from the accutane were permanent?

In my experience one Accutance cycle that a dermatologist prescribes is not permanent when you take exogenous hormones- I take a vrey low dosage (20 mg) say E2 or E3 days and am very happy with results w/o stressing liver.

I don't think you need the 80 mg / 6 month prescription that many recommend- but I'm not a doctor. Just remember that the results are slow (2 months maybe?) and may get worse for a few weeks (not for me- but I've heard of it).

Honestly- there are stories of people getting depressed and committing suicide on Accutane- but I believe they are depressed BECAUSE of acne. Acne sucks, young or old.

Majority of the marks on my body are scars with very few active acne, that's why I am not sure if it's worth doing Accutane... The dermatologist told me that since I am on TRT he can't guarantee me that the results will last...

check your estrogen! Are you controlling it anyway? Whats your TRT dosage?

This. You need an AI, AAS induced acne is almost always Estradiol or DHT related, if you are doing TRT dosages, it's going to be Estradiol for sure. You are probably on 200mg or more per week which is too much and would put your Estradiol quite high without an AI.

have you gotten a complete hormone panel including estradiol?

Never checked for estradiol...

This. You need an AI, AAS induced acne is almost always Estradiol or DHT related, if you are doing TRT dosages, it's going to be Estradiol for sure. You are probably on 200mg or more per week which is too much and would put your Estradiol quite high without an AI.

I am currently using 100mg per week, and I got tested about a month ago, and the doctor told me that my levels are too high and I need to cut back.

I asked him about estrogen and how to control it and he said he will get back to me but never did. I know this guy is an idiot and I need to find a better doctor.

What do most guys on TRT use to control estrogen and how much?

what were your estradiol levels?

It depends on the individual in regards dosage of AI relative to test dose.

what were your estradiol levels?

It depends on the individual in regards dosage of AI relative to test dose.

I will contact my doctor now to send me the test results...

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

I am currently using 100mg per week, and I got tested about a month ago, and the doctor told me that my levels are too high and I need to cut back.

How many days after your inject did you get tested? I would recommend at least 3 or 4 days, you will get a spike in the first couple. I'm surprised 100mg puts you out of the normal range, how long have you been on TRT? It is possible your are still producing some test yourself. I would recommend doing 50mg twice per week and see if that decreases aromatization.

What type of anti estrogen would you recommend ?
I have acne issues too and tried a lot of stuff ( antibiotiques, cremes etc)
Sometimes when i'm on gear i have acne sometimes not. when i'm off i have acne sometimes not but my acne never really disappear.
Are you think that estrogen really plays a major role in that ? Is it the key ?

I have made a lot of searches on forums but never find the right solution

How many days after your inject did you get tested? I would recommend at least 3 or 4 days, you will get a spike in the first couple. I'm surprised 100mg puts you out of the normal range, how long have you been on TRT? It is possible your are still producing some test yourself. I would recommend doing 50mg twice per week and see if that decreases aromatization.

The Dr. didn't say it was out of the normal range. Only that it was too high. The Dr. might want to see it in the mid range to be "healthy".

I started January 2010, and I did 400mg per month and my levels was fine, but I did 200mg every other week, and got tested more than a week after my l;ast injection. I changed it to weekly but the same amount per month to see if it won't help with my skin, and got testes like 2-3 days after my last shot. I told this to the doctor and said that's why my test levels are higher but he didn't respond. Here is a quote from his email "Free (or active) testosterone has risen from 4.6 to 14.5 and now 35.1which is actually too high!"

4.6 was when he put me on test in jan 2010
14.5 was when I did 400mg per month but I did it every other week.
35.1 was when I did 100mg per week.

You are not alone. I am in the same boat. I am on 200mg once every 2 weeks. I am halfway thru a 30 day cycle of doxycycline 100mg twice a day for my acne. So far it has calmed down the acne, but has not done much. I may look into a mild cycle of accutane if the antibiotics do not work.

Since I started TRT a year ago I started breaking out... Especially on my back and shoulders. I went to a dermatologist, and he put me on two cycles of antibiotics and gave up. He said accutane would be the only thing that will help, but with all the law suits and sides effects I decided not to go that route.

I don't even want to meet girls anymore cause of my skin and summer is around the corner, and I would like to be able to take my shirt off at the beach. Any of you guys have good advice to get my skin cleared?

When I lived in South Africa there was a product called Purbac, it cleared my skin in 2 weeks, but I am not able to find that it in the US.

check the banner at the bottom of the page for platinum labz. their acne annihilator product works real well.

You are not alone. I am in the same boat. I am on 200mg once every 2 weeks. I am halfway thru a 30 day cycle of doxycycline 100mg twice a day for my acne. So far it has calmed down the acne, but has not done much. I may look into a mild cycle of accutane if the antibiotics do not work.

Please keep me posted...

check the banner at the bottom of the page for platinum labz. their acne annihilator product works real well.

Thanks Alin, I am busy with my second bottle now...

Acne is a bitch man..I got it insanely bad on my back from AAS about a year ago. I tried two different antibiotics and they didnt work so I went on Accutane. The doc's prescribed me 80mg/d for 6 months, but I only took 40mg/d. I actually just finished last week, and the acne is all gone. I am running test and eq right now, and hope it doesnt come back, but now I have another course from the stuff I saved up if I need it.
Rough stuff, I been having some stomach issues lately, and hope it doesnt have anything to do with the accutane.

I have similar issues although it only gets out of control when I'm on 200mg a week or more. I can control it very easily on 100mg a week with just a benzo wash. I think this is only because I've run an accutane cycle before when I was younger. From the research I've done oily skin is actually caused by DHT. Not estrogen. When you are on trt you get a spike the day after your shot which can put you levels temporarily above normal range. This can cause excessive conversion to DHT and estradiol. Personally I'm going to get some finasteride from my doc and see if that helps. I ran it before but at the time I was also taking 250mg week test and superdrol 30mg ED. That combo gave me instant gyno. I think it's because I didn't use an AI along with it. I think on 100mg a week test I would be fine without the AI but if I raise it then an AI will be needed along with the finasteride. This is going to be my approach to further controlling my acne. I think if you split your weekly dose it would help alot also.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws