over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRT into cruise/cycle + labs

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hoping to get some input. For those of you on prescribed TRT, when you get on a cycle, how long do you stop the cycle before you have to get labs for your doctor? Let's say you are on 200mg test/week and decide to double the dose to 400mg/week for a cruise/cycle, how long before your doctor requests labs would you need to stop the extra 200mg to get back to baseline?

If you stop everything at the end of your cycle, wait 2-3 weeks, then start back up on TRT, you will be about 200mg/week levels (200mg/week is about double normal TRT).

I go up to 500mg for the last 4 weeks, then drop everything for 3 weeks, then start back up on 10mg/day and I'm at normal levels when I test a couple weeks later.

Kaladryn is on the money here.

If you stop everything at the end of your cycle, wait 2-3 weeks, then start back up on TRT, you will be about 200mg/week levels (200mg/week is about double normal TRT).

I go up to 500mg for the last 4 weeks, then drop everything for 3 weeks, then start back up on 10mg/day and I'm at normal levels when I test a couple weeks later.

Thanks Kaladryn. So, at the end of the cycle, you drop everything including your TRT for 2-3 weeks? Then, you go back to your usual TRT dose and will be able to get back to baseline in about 2 weeks?

I basically do something very similar. I do crash for a week or two and then things even out.

I basically do something very similar. I do crash for a week or two and then things even out.

You stop everything (including your TRT) for 1 or 2 weeks, then go back to your TRT? How long do you wait then to pull labs so that you are back to baseline for your doctor?

You stop everything (including your TRT) for 1 or 2 weeks, then go back to your TRT? How long do you wait then to pull labs so that you are back to baseline for your doctor?
No you have it wrong. I stop everything for a month. Then back up with TRT for a month. then get bloods done.

Depends on what you are taking and the half life. Test cyp has a half life of about 8 days. SHBG does play a role in clearanceas does injection frequency but for sake of testing lets just say 8 days. Simply calculate what your steady state levels are during your cylce and how long it would take for you to get down. Since its not an exact science make sure it drops past the trough of your steady state on your TRT. Id then wait another week and start up your TRT doses for 3 weeks before getting tested.

In general to use your example of 400mg...at a steady state you are looking at say a number twice that so id wait 3 weeks after last shot and take nothing and then start TRT doses.

This is good for total and free test. If they are checking estrogen, SHBG, HCT, PSA then you sometimes have to manipulate them otherways if needed depending on what you are taking and dose. If you live in a state that you can check your own labs id suggest running a cycle and then coming off and then seeing what your test levels are so you know in the future.

I personally wait a month for all bloodwork to get back to normal but my blast is more than 400mg test.

i would not recommend coming off everything for 2 weeks or more bc I know I would feel like shit and it’s not worth it to me

Depends on what you are taking and the half life. Test cyp has a half life of about 8 days. SHBG does play a role in clearanceas does injection frequency but for sake of testing lets just say 8 days. Simply calculate what your steady state levels are during your cylce and how long it would take for you to get down. Since its not an exact science make sure it drops past the trough of your steady state on your TRT. Id then wait another week and start up your TRT doses for 3 weeks before getting tested.

In general to use your example of 400mg...at a steady state you are looking at say a number twice that so id wait 3 weeks after last shot and take nothing and then start TRT doses.

This is good for total and free test. If they are checking estrogen, SHBG, HCT, PSA then you sometimes have to manipulate them otherways if needed depending on what you are taking and dose. If you live in a state that you can check your own labs id suggest running a cycle and then coming off and then seeing what your test levels are so you know in the future.

Correct, this would be for test cyp. So, wait about 3 full weeks after last shot (stop the 400mg test and run nothing), then get back on regular TRT and possibly wait 1-2 more weeks before pulling labs? Does it sound like it could potentially work?

It could work. but 1-2 weeks of normal TRT doses isnt enough to get you are your real TRT trough range if thats what you are shooting for. I mean IDEALLY one would wait for a steady state so 4-5 half lives so like 32-40 days of normal TRT dosing. I had mentioned 3 weeks because its probably good enough given the variability of labs at times. This is all assuming that a legit 200mg a week even has you in normal ranges on a trough.... for the vast majority of guys 200mg a week puts us outside normal range and they take a bit of a dose less the weeks leading up or test on like a 8-9 day trough instead of a 7

SHBG has nothing to do with it.

Thanks Kaladryn. So, at the end of the cycle, you drop everything including your TRT for 2-3 weeks? Then, you go back to your usual TRT dose and will be able to get back to baseline in about 2 weeks?
Yep, drop everything, your test levels will stay above TRT for at least 3 weeks, maybe 2.5 if you want to play it safe on only 400mg, if you just switch to TRT it will take several weeks longer to return to TRT baseline.

Yep, drop everything, your test levels will stay above TRT for at least 3 weeks, maybe 2.5 if you want to play it safe on only 400mg, if you just switch to TRT it will take several weeks longer to return to TRT baseline.

I appreciate the response. If dropping everything for 2-3 weeks, and then going back to your regular TRT dose, do you think 2 weeks later, testosterone levels should be back to baseline?

I appreciate the response. If dropping everything for 2-3 weeks, and then going back to your regular TRT dose, do you think 2 weeks later, testosterone levels should be back to baseline?
Yep that's about what I do, however I do daily 10mg dosing, if you do 1x week injections, your levels will be all over the place depending on when you draw bloods.

Yep that's about what I do, however I do daily 10mg dosing, if you do 1x week injections, your levels will be all over the place depending on when you draw bloods.

Sounds great, thanks. I do daily injections too by the way.

How often does your doctor require testing for you??

My doctor requires blood work every 3 months to check before refilling the next script. I only get 3 months worth of TRT at a time.. So I only have about 8 weeks to play with in between if I want to raise the dose but I never go above 200mg..

How often does your doctor require testing for you??

My doctor requires blood work every 3 months to check before refilling the next script. I only get 3 months worth of TRT at a time.. So I only have about 8 weeks to play with in between if I want to raise the dose but I never go above 200mg..
We do testing 1-2 times per year, he's open to whatever I want for the most part, if I tell him now is not a good time for testing because my levels are high he is fine with it. I'm open about dosages with him. I'll pull E2 levels and a CBC more often.

We do testing 1-2 times per year, he's open to whatever I want for the most part, if I tell him now is not a good time for testing because my levels are high he is fine with it. I'm open about dosages with him. I'll pull E2 levels and a CBC more often.

Damn that’s a cool ass doc... Mine is super conservative (my Urologist) my GP is a family friend and he’s real cool about everything. But my Uro requires Test levels and H/H every 3 months or he won’t give me a script and he freaks out if my hematocrit is 52 even though completely natural off everything for 1 year and test levels @ 200 my natural Hematocrit is 49-50, sometimes I go in a bit dehydrated and get a 51-52 and he freaks out and wants to lower my dose and I had to convince him to chill out that I was dehydrated.. He also wants my Test levels at 500-600, I told him I feel better at 900-950 and he wasn’t having It saying I could have a stroke and that it wasn’t healthy 😑...

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws