over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

trt question 4 years in

was a keto type guy but now use a Justin Harris carb cycle diet. fatigue is marginally better, I guess I had unrealistic expectation on starting TRT as far as increased energy..admit I dont do cardio! bought some ear buds to do 30 min walks to start..if that makes big difference that makes me a fool for not trying earlier..I always looked at cardio health as the absence of disease!!
Keto and low carbing can cause that lower Free T3 level you see there So can caloric deficit

Keto and low carbing can cause that lower Free T3 level you see there So can caloric deficit
I was scared to add carbs but followed Justin carb cycle and after being stuck dropped 7 lbs..stayed in deficit..the carbs helped metabolism

Height, weight, bf%????
Will you consider his age is 64 or will you hold him to the must be 10% or less mantra we see so often on thee BBing boards?

Will you consider his age is 64 or will you hold him to the must be 10% or less mantra we see so often on thee BBing boards?

Not at all, I was more inquiring into if he was fat or trying to hold too much size at his age (he mentioned a cpap machine).

Being given trt at age 60 with good numbers just shows why they are cracking down on the industry.

Not at all, I was more inquiring into if he was fat or trying to hold too much size at his age (he mentioned a cpap machine).

Being given trt at age 60 with good numbers just shows why they are cracking down on the industry.
Good points

To address the original question. No one ever goes back. This is a decision that lasts a lifetime.

That being said, I know a number of guys (all older) that maintain their physique and muscle mass on low doses. Off the top of my head, one guy does 110 mg/wk, and he was a national competitor a couple decades ago. There’s no way he’s not shutdown. The guys that come completely off have the stereotypical sagging features and boxy look.

I was scared to add carbs but followed Justin carb cycle and after being stuck dropped 7 lbs..stayed in deficit..the carbs helped metabolism
Contrary to popular belief, carbs are important for optimal wellbeing and performance. Glucose is the best fuel for the brain and muscles. Low carb diet downregulates thyroid hormone function and metabolism and upregulates cortisol/stress in the body.

Thanks for your time brother
free t4 1.34
free T3 2.7
Reverse T3 22.5
Thyroglobulin antibody <1.0
TSH 1.90
this is from 4 years ago,, the twice yearly labs I do now once with defy and once with primary only do the TSH which hangs around 1.90...never had ferritin test and I will get that done thanks
These numbers are VERY similar to mine. I can barely function if I don't take T3. I get extreme symptoms with these numbers which is unfortunate.

Your thyroid works perfectly well, however you're not converting T4 to T3 properly due to an issue unrelated to your thyroid. It's called NTIS (non thyroidal illness syndrome).

These numbers are VERY similar to mine. I can barely function if I don't take T3. I get extreme symptoms with these numbers which is unfortunate.

Your thyroid works perfectly well, however you're not converting T4 to T3 properly due to an issue unrelated to your thyroid. It's called NTIS (non thyroidal illness syndrome).
thanks for the heads up, I actually ordered some t4 and t3...I was gonna try 2 to 1 ratio... 50 mg t4 25 mg t3...any thoughts on this protocol?

thanks for the heads up, I actually ordered some t4 and t3...I was gonna try 2 to 1 ratio... 50 mg t4 25 mg t3...any thoughts on this protocol?
Give it a shot. I didn't feel so great taking any T4 at all but everyone is different.

Give it a shot. I didn't feel so great taking any T4 at all but everyone is different.
Actually I’d start with 50mg T4 and 12.5mcg T3. A 4:1 ratio is usually best to try.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear