over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRT Question.....

maverick2112

Registered
Age 53.....got blood work done for a local MD........shows I have low Test.....He is willing to put me on TRT

But..........after our appt........He does'nt believe in injectable test.......he only uses creme...........

Is it even worth me pursuing this???

I dont know much about the creme.

Thanks

Nope...not worth pursuing it...find another doctor. Injection so much more effective.

Find a new doc .many guys complain about the cream ,you have to be real careful that your wife or little kid doesn't absorb it through their skin while being in contact with you .as far as effectiveness , only a small amount is actually absorbed making it less effective than inj test .

I almost couldnt contain myself when he was saying how the creme was way more effective than the Inj version. With all my knowledge on here and experience over the years........I felt like saying "are you serious"???

I thought ...........I go through the $170 blood test........$240 doctor visit and even the low test results......meaning I have been off on purpose for awhile so my levels would correspond with what I wanted........

Then he tells me he only prescribes gel or creme.......:confused:

What a waste of my time

Last edited:
I almost couldnt contain myself when he was saying how the creme was way more effective than the Inj version. With all my knowledge on here and experience over the years........I felt like saying "are you serious"???

I thought ...........I go through the $170 blood test........$240 doctor visit and even the low test results......meaning I have been off on purpose for awhile so my levels would correspond with what I wanted........

Then he tells me he only prescribes gel or creme.......:confused:

What a waste of my time

Doctors know less about male hormone treatment than anything else in medicine.

In the past several years anything "STEROID" related has been so twisted and BASHED into like you're smoking two packs of cigarettes a day.

And there are the tainted studies showing testosterone causes heart attacks: Heart Attack Risk from Testosterone Replacement Therapy

I write tainted because of flawed studies finding heart attack risk doubled for men over 65 once they were taking the supplements. The same effect was found in testosterone supplement users who were younger than 65 but had a history of heart disease.

No such effect was seen for men under 65 years of age without a history of heart disease, the researchers said. I would imagine there are plenty of men over 65 in terrific shape that have no medical problems with T

Latest Study Finds No Link Between Testosterone Supplements, Heart Attack ? WebMD

...now a moment of reflection.

Your doc should be on a list. He knows a cream isn't efficient for males.

I say a list because this appears to be a case of medical arrogance and disrespect for those who wish to retain manhood throughout their natural life.

At a time when they allow male military traitors heading to prison to change their private parts into female genitalia at American taxpayers expense: Military approves hormone therapy for Chelsea Manning

And at a time when you can have your ability to provide for yourself and family taken away - losing your flower shop or bakery for not offering your professional service when your religious beliefs prevent you from participating:

State Says 70-Year-Old Flower Shop Owner Discriminated Against Gay Couple. Here?s How She Responded.

...shouldn't tolerance and "pro-choice" be the rule when a man just wants to be a man?

These statement are meant for entertainment purposes so please use an open mind.

Attachments

• War On Women 1.jpg
    War On Women 1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Creams are very effective treatment for many men. Much of it depends on one's expectations.

Go to a different doctor. The cream and gels are not sufficient to increase your levels to where they need to be. I agree that most doctors still feel like you do not need replacement therapy and should just accept the fact that you are getting older and should feel like crap like the rest of the population. I know this to be fact because me and several buddies who are on TRT have had this same convo with other doctors who told us to just suck it up. Lol. Wth is that? Yet if I walked in and said, hey doc my back is killing me he would have no hesitation in writing me a script for pain pills. Sorry for the rant, but have been down this road, and finally was lucky enough to find a doctor who knows what they are doing and understands that there is nothing wrong with having a good quality of life as we age. So in short find another doc. Hope all works out well..

Swerve

Creams are very effective treatment for many men. Much of it depends on one's expectations.

you are accurate about expectations. it is the key word here.

some people will tell you that plant proteins are effective.

there is no comparison of plant protein to animal protein, no matter what your expectations.

i have used both the gel and injections. my preference is for sub q stomach T injections with 29G insulin syringe. but 29G 1/2 inch syringe needle is also effective in IM quad injections. no pain, goes in like butter and have always felt there is a huge difference in comparison to gel.

This writing is for entertainment purposes only.

Attachments

• AndroGel Bull.jpg
    AndroGel Bull.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
I'm looking at a tube of testim 1% right now. You only absorb 10% and there is 50mg per 5 gram tube. So ofcourse that's 5mg per 5 gram tube. It has a strong odor and yes you have to worry about transfering some to your wife or G/F especially if you sleep close together. A close friend was prescribed 3 tubes a day. I couldn't see walking around smelling like alcohol all day and it is just inconvienant. Getting an injection probably once every 2 weeks is just so much more efficient and cleaner IMO. The gel is also very expensive if you don't have insurance, which sounds like you don't. See another doc with your results..

Yeah man do your own TRT. I gave up the doctor route years ago. Plenty of good sponsors here. Way cheaper and with things like PrivateMD you can still track your bloods.

Slap your doctor in the face or at the very least print out some information for his ignorant ass

I'm looking at a tube of testim 1% right now. You only absorb 10% and there is 50mg per 5 gram tube. So ofcourse that's 5mg per 5 gram tube. It has a strong odor and yes you have to worry about transfering some to your wife or G/F especially if you sleep close together. A close friend was prescribed 3 tubes a day. I couldn't see walking around smelling like alcohol all day and it is just inconvienant. Getting an injection probably once every 2 weeks is just so much more efficient and cleaner IMO. The gel is also very expensive if you don't have insurance, which sounds like you don't. See another doc with your results..

keep in mind too those who train and sweat/shower a lot, transdermal T creams and gels are not going to be effective.

self inject and inject frequently. if you go testosterone cypionate or depot you are better off splitting dose into two injections per week. with frequent injections the volumes are very small.

never let a doctor talk you into once a month injections.

use insulin syringe, 29 gauge or 30 gauge (you can get them at walmart) and do subcutaneous injections 2-3 inches out and around navel. rotate injection sites so as not to develop scar tissue over the years. you can inject in the quads if you don't have a lot of fat on your thighs.

clinical research has demonstrated that TRT by subcutaneous [under the skin injections into body fat] produce steadier testosterone levels and improves sense of well-being. once a month gives a spike after 48 hours then steadily drops off, so you can imagine how crappy you will feel the final two weeks before your next hormone replacement injection.

also remember do not mix oil based with water. so no Testosterone and hCG in the same syringe.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98LOFQwUGA"]SUBCUTANEOUS TESTOSTERONE INJECTIONS - THE CUTTING EDGE WITH DR. JOHN CRISLER - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Maverick I had the same problem and had to take it into my own hands. Im only 40 but came back with low numbers. Saw my fam doc, 2 urologists (one told me to do yoga and meditate, both looking at me like I had 2 heads) live in a part of the country where there arent many modern/forward thinking doctors. Been doing my own TRT for about 2 years and trying some other compounds along the way.

My question is, how many vets do the sub q test injections vs the IM? Have any noticed the steady "sawtooth" levels as the Dr in this video states? How about the elimination of the AI's?

I am in a similar boat. Came back low but doc said I am cool. Been off for a couple years and the whole thing cost me $$ to be told it is all in my head. I am to the point where I am gonna self administer and get bloods on my own.

I did contact an online service and they were more than happy to start taking my money but I could not justify 200 a month in my mind. Not even sure of the legality of the online services.

Good luck. If you do not find a doc you could always go through motions with him and self administer IM whiling gaining the benefit of having a doc watching you.

Shreds, thats EXACTLY what Im doing. My fam Doc is younger, forward thinking and understands. Problem is, with insurance nowadays, he cant just write a script. Im honest with him. I tell him what I do. He just orders my bloods every 3 months or so this way I can self monitor. 4 weeks ago came in total at 840. A little higher than he likes it, but I feel and look good...

Gel is not bad, but like everyone has stated, get the injections. My doc keeps me on 1.5 ML per week. He started me off at .5, 1.0. and now 1.5. Anyway, look for a different doctor or urologist.

My MD likes to prescribe a cream compounded by a compounding pharmacy. Dosage for me was not a problem because he dosed it high. I personally didn't like it because it gave me testicular atrophy and irritated my skin. I suggested to him that I wanted a troche that I place between the cheek and gum 2 times a day. It is between 80-90% absorbed and no testicular atrophy. My levels have been as high as 1500. I have reduced my dose so I hover around 900-1000. The troche I get is from O'Brien pharmacy in Missouri. Your md can always speak to one of the pharmacists and get info. from them.

I've androgel and it gave a bad rash and felt it wasn't as stable as the injectable cyp. Tell him you want the weekly injection. No need to inject it more than once a week

Mt T level was just above the low point where my Dr would prescribe it for me. After a long discussion he was ok with me getting my own test and he has bllodwork done 4x's a year so I know everything is good. I like this route and it costs much less than others I know who get it from their Dr.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear