over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRT Question

I would have to agree with this. 400 a week far exceeds what would be considered a "replacement" dose. I guess as long as bloodwork is being done every couple of months and he stays within normal on his numbers then more power to you. My hematocrit levels went up slightly from just 5 grams a day of Androgel. I could only imagine what a dose like that would do. Wow.

Yes, I just dont see how any legitimate doctor is doing this sort of thing. Noway that 400 mg//wk is going to put your test level between 600-800. Its probably going to be several thousand and that is not a use that is approved by the FDA. Noway either that your hemoglobin/hematocrit would be at safe levels either. Im having to get phlebotomies now and my dose is only 120 mg/wk. Doctor wants to take it down to 100mg/wk but I am resisting it since I feel like crap that low.

Yes, I just dont see how any legitimate doctor is doing this sort of thing. Noway that 400 mg//wk is going to put your test level between 600-800. Its probably going to be several thousand and that is not a use that is approved by the FDA. Noway either that your hemoglobin/hematocrit would be at safe levels either. Im having to get phlebotomies now and my dose is only 120 mg/wk. Doctor wants to take it down to 100mg/wk but I am resisting it since I feel like crap that low.

I recently injured my upper back. X-rays revealed that I have thinning bones. Probably due to the fact that most of my adult life has been lived with low test levels. Dr and I will be doing bloodwork again end of Aug. to consider 10g a day of Androgel. It has proven to be a very effective at that dose for building bone mineral. I dont mind the gel. It works wonderfully for me and it really isnt a mess to apply. If 5g a day put me up to 680 from 220 then I am almost reluctant to try 10g a day. But then again I am not trying to be Mr. Olympia and pack on lbs. of muscle, I am taking testosterone to improve my overall health. The whole concept behind HRT.

Last edited:
I recently injured my upper back. X-rays revealed that I have thinning bones. Probably due to the fact that most of my adult life has been lived with low test levels. Dr and I will be doing bloodwork again end of Aug. to consider 10mg a day of Androgel. It has proven to be a very effective at that dose for building bone mineral. I dont mind the gel. It works wonderfully for me and it really isnt a mess to apply. If 5mg a day put me up to 680 from 220 then I am almost reluctant to try 10mg a day. But then again I am not trying to be Mr. Olympia and pack on lbs. of muscle, I am taking testosterone to improve my overall health. The whole concept behind HRT.

My endo did tell me that for some reason using gel doesnt raise the hematocrit so much and you might not have too many problems. I am willing to be that the doc wants to do this for a limited time to build back up the bone, and then drop you down to a more normal dose?

My endo did tell me that for some reason using gel doesnt raise the hematocrit so much and you might not have too many problems. I am willing to be that the doc wants to do this for a limited time to build back up the bone, and then drop you down to a more normal dose?

We are still uncertain at this point. The injury just happened last month so we are just now aware of the issue. I will be running the 10g day doseage for the month of Aug to see where it puts me. If numbers are good we will run it for 6 months minimum. I am quite happy with my test being in the 600-700 range. I am 43 yrs old and that is more than enough for me. I have no desire to bulk up. At 5'10" 195lbs I have legit 18" arms cold and a 30 inch waist. I look and feel fantastic at this level. I want to live a long healthy life without excess. I had enough of that when I was young. I will be more than willing to stay at 5g a day.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner