over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRT - Raised metabolism?

JKeller81

Newbies
Lifting about 15 years, no clue my T was so low and am about 2 months into trt. Levels went from mid 250's to 940ng/dl.

Quite a few benefits become obvious but one thing that changed drastically is my appetite. I was never a big eater and actually couldn't go much above 2800 calories or so as I'd just put on fat, thyroid was normal but my metabolism just couldn't seem to handle much food....... since on TRT I can't get enough food... i had trouble eating 3k before, now I'm starving on 3k and feel satisfied with around 4k....

I wasn't expecting that and am just curious if it's sign of a higher metabolic rate or just an appetite increase..... if it's the former, that's fine, if it's the later I'm screwed because I'm ravenously hungry. I used to cut at about 1700 calories and right now I literally can't imagine going under 2500.

a couple milligrams of testosterone are not gonna make you burn more than a few kcals a day extra just from a hormonal standpoint...
for big effects you need big amounts in this regard

HOWEVER the kcal numbers you mentioned are not exactly huge, so you might very actually be burning a couple hundred kcals extra from being more active, energized and simply expanding more energy:)

you'll just have to try it out and see what happens
listen to your body ;)
unless it tells you to get fat. then shut it up :D

a couple milligrams of testosterone are not gonna make you burn more than a few kcals a day extra just from a hormonal standpoint...
for big effects you need big amounts in this regard

HOWEVER the kcal numbers you mentioned are not exactly huge, so you might very actually be burning a couple hundred kcals extra from being more active, energized and simply expanding more energy:)

you'll just have to try it out and see what happens
listen to your body ;)
unless it tells you to get fat. then shut it up :D

I always thought trt does raise metabolism to small degree based upon the studies they have done on men given test compared to those who are given placebo. Men given test, even if they didn't exercise, saw a small increase in muscle and a little bit of fat loss in these studies. Based upon those results, you would think that metabolism is in play here, no?

Metabolism is largely driven by total lean mass. After the first couple months of TRT you may have put on some lean muscle. I wouldn't suspect it would create a huge difference in your metabolism, but maybe few hundred kcal. My guess is that if you continue to eat 4k calories, you are going to notice fat gain fairly quickly.

I always thought trt does raise metabolism to small degree based upon the studies they have done on men given test compared to those who are given placebo. Men given test, even if they didn't exercise, saw a small increase in muscle and a little bit of fat loss in these studies. Based upon those results, you would think that metabolism is in play here, no?

well, yes and no... of course more test shifts the body composition towards lean mass and away from fat mass..
however the calorie burning effect of a TRT dose of test is really negligible...
think about it... you dont even burn more than a few hundred (200-300 maybe) kcals extra from running a GRAM of testosterone.
thats about 10x the normal natural level... you merely increased your natural level from low into the reference range, thats not gonna make you significantly more kcals

however the shift from low-normal is probably more drastic than normal-high, at least with hypothyroid people it is.

theres no way but to try and see, however yeah on 4000kcals a day youll most likely get fat regarding the amount you eat before that.

i get fat on 4000 kcals blasting high amounts of test and tren.
it does take a few months but it happens, lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner