over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

True nutiron protein :casein hydro or whey hydro

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok I know peptopro is the fastest chick on the block. But for intra workout, is their casein hydro or whey hydro better?

I have heard that casein hydro is part di and tri peptide, but the rest will clump and act like regular casein. So is this ok intra workout?

So intra workout who better casein hydro or whey hydro from truenutrion?

The regular hydrolyzed casein does not contain the same percentage of di and tri peptides as pepto-pro.

You would be better off getting the whey hydro or an isolate and adding in some EAAs to it (I was doing this for a while before going the pepto-pro route and really liked it).

I've also head the hydrolyzed casein has a pretty bitter taste, which may make you dread drinking it intra-workout. Pepto-pro isn't "delicious" but it is easy to conceal the bitterness and because it mixes so thin, a little extra water tones down the bitter flavor.

thanks bud. thats what ill do then

I use team skip. I might switch to cold filtered so I am less bloated for summer. I'm dreading be so full. But real skip is the best.

The regular hydrolyzed casein does not contain the same percentage of di and tri peptides as pepto-pro.

You would be better off getting the whey hydro or an isolate and adding in some EAAs to it (I was doing this for a while before going the pepto-pro route and really liked it).

I've also head the hydrolyzed casein has a pretty bitter taste, which may make you dread drinking it intra-workout. Pepto-pro isn't "delicious" but it is easy to conceal the bitterness and because it mixes so thin, a little extra water tones down the bitter flavor.

Can you dumb down the benefit of these and when to use these?

I use team skip. I might switch to cold filtered so I am less bloated for summer. I'm dreading be so full. But real skip is the best.

I use both cold filtration and team skip during the day. Team skip seems to stave off hunger better and rich flavors like dutch chocolate and java mocha are awesome with team skip.

Can you dumb down the benefit of these and when to use these?

You are talking about the hydrolyzed whey and hydrolyzed casein, right?

The hydrolyzing process splits proteins in to smaller chain peptides and amino acids, di and tri peptides. This in turn makes the protein more biologically accessible. This process of hydrolysis allows the protein to be absorbed quickly through the small intestine. So by hydrolyzing the protein, you are getting the amino acids into your system faster, making them good proteins to use intra and post w/o.

I know the hydrolyzed casein is broken down into di and tri peptides but it isn't the same as pepto-pro, as pepto-pro is made through a pattented process that makes it able to be absorded faster than regular hydrolyzed casein as well as hydrolyzed whey. As far as comparing hydro casein and hydro whey, I don't have any info of the rate at which each one is absorbed, but I would assume it is based on the percentage of di and tri peptides each contains.

I use both cold filtration and team skip during the day. Team skip seems to stave off hunger better and rich flavors like dutch chocolate and java mocha are awesome with team skip.

You are talking about the hydrolyzed whey and hydrolyzed casein, right?

The hydrolyzing process splits proteins in to smaller chain peptides and amino acids, di and tri peptides. This in turn makes the protein more biologically accessible. This process of hydrolysis allows the protein to be absorbed quickly through the small intestine. So by hydrolyzing the protein, you are getting the amino acids into your system faster, making them good proteins to use intra and post w/o.

I know the hydrolyzed casein is broken down into di and tri peptides but it isn't the same as pepto-pro, as pepto-pro is made through a pattented process that makes it able to be absorded faster than regular hydrolyzed casein as well as hydrolyzed whey. As far as comparing hydro casein and hydro whey, I don't have any info of the rate at which each one is absorbed, but I would assume it is based on the percentage of di and tri peptides each contains.

This is what Mike Arnold has posted on IM

For one, Pepto pro is not your best choice of protein, as it is denatured hydrolyzed calcium caseinate. Calcium caseinate is crap. The only good thing about peptopro is that it is hydrolyzed. That's it. The protien itself is junk, despite its relatively high cost. Non-denatured hydrolzyed proteins are superior, such as hydrolyzed micellar casein, hydrolyzed whey, or hydrolyzed beef protein. EAA's are a good choice for guys who have trouble digesting all those shakes during training, but they are not the most effective for growth, as all free form aminos acids are completely lacking in all the growth factors found in whole proteins. The proteins I mentioned are loaded with growth factors, while maintaining their hydrolyzed form. Casein (specifically hydrolyzed micellar casein) is a great protein for growth when combined with hydrolyzed whey (the science confirms that growth is superior when the two are combined), but this can be costly.

This is what Mike Arnold has posted on IM

For one, Pepto pro is not your best choice of protein, as it is denatured hydrolyzed calcium caseinate. Calcium caseinate is crap. The only good thing about peptopro is that it is hydrolyzed. That's it. The protien itself is junk, despite its relatively high cost. Non-denatured hydrolzyed proteins are superior, such as hydrolyzed micellar casein, hydrolyzed whey, or hydrolyzed beef protein. EAA's are a good choice for guys who have trouble digesting all those shakes during training, but they are not the most effective for growth, as all free form aminos acids are completely lacking in all the growth factors found in whole proteins. The proteins I mentioned are loaded with growth factors, while maintaining their hydrolyzed form. Casein (specifically hydrolyzed micellar casein) is a great protein for growth when combined with hydrolyzed whey (the science confirms that growth is superior when the two are combined), but this can be costly.

Well there are quite a few respected people on here that swear by it... And IF pepto pro has the highest concentration of peptides, wouldn't it be the most efficient protein for getting amino acids into your muscles? It is the amino acids that are doing the work, and if pepto pro provides them in the most effective way, then it is superior.

I have no horse in this race... but from all I've read about pepto-pro, and the results I have had with it, it seems to be effective.

Like you, I'm fairly unbiased in terms of which is better. I just found it weird when I read that.

In teh same thread, Mike also typed:

John now recommends a different hydrolysate...not peptopro. I believe switched to hydrolyzed micellar casein for the same reason I mentioned...because it is not dentaured like PeptoPro. See, PeptoPro used to be one of the only pure hydrolyzed proteins available, but now that there are other (and better) hydrolyzed proteins on the market, he recommends the better ones. As for Shelby, I am not sure what he recommends, but regardless, peptopro is no longer the best.

Like I stated in a previous post, peptopro and calcium caseinate are different products. Peptopro is hydrolyzed calcium caseinate, while regular calcium caseinate is not hydrolyzed.

Last edited:
Like you, I'm fairly unbiased in terms of which is better. I just found it weird when I read that.

In teh same thread, you can Mike also typed:

John now recommends a different hydrolysate...not peptopro. I believe switched to hydrolyzed micellar casein for the same reason I mentioned...because it is not dentaured like PeptoPro. See, PeptoPro used to be one of the only pure hydrolyzed proteins available, but now that there are other (and better) hydrolyzed proteins on the market, he recommends the better ones. As for Shelby, I am not sure what he recommends, but regardless, peptopro is no longer the best.

Like I stated in a previous post, peptopro and calcium caseinate are different products. Peptopro is hydrolyzed calcium caseinate, while regular calcium caseinate is not hydrolyzed.

I think it is best if John speaks for himself.

How much is the gyro casein to take take? And does it taste lie bile?

Last edited:
I prefer their peaprotein. Choc banana is my fav.

Anyone use MG Powdered Muscle from true protein?? I STarted using it pre intra and post this week. Any experience users that have tried it?

cancer

according to "The China Study" Casein protein is directly correlated to tumor mass (cancer)...
The study was only done with casein (they bundled it as animal protein), so i stay away... leaning toward veg based protein, such as pea protein mentioned above...

Anyone use MG Powdered Muscle from true protein?? I STarted using it pre intra and post this week. Any experience users that have tried it?

I've used it quite a bit, good product with and excellent ingredient profile.

Been on it now a few months, I highly recommend it. However note the fruit punch flavor is good yet the lime is quite bad tasting IMO

Hey Mountaindog if you see this thread would you comment on your reasoning on casein hydro intra-workout instead of whey hydro intra workout?

If yall want to talk about pea-protein go make your own thread! j/k....kinda :)

What? this is gibberish...

Your right sorry, my auto correct changed it. I was asking how bad the hydro whey and casein taste, do they taste like bile?
What's the point of using hydro casein in addition to hydro whey, if casein was originally meant to be a slow releasing protein?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear