advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

True Nutrition Maltodextrin or Dextrose for after workout??

Zoobster

Kilo Klub Member
Which one would you suggest.
Dextrose is a simple carb
maltodextrin is a complex carb. Both are used after workouts.

Dex by far. Malto is usually more expensive and messes up my stomach for some reason.

Dex is 100 in GI but supposedly MD is higher on the "insulin index." cant remember where I read that but supposedly MD gives a better Insulin spike but I stick with Dex. To each is own.

Last edited:
Dex by far. Malto is usually more expensive and messes up my stomach for some reason.

Dex is 100 in GI but supposedly MD is higher on the "insulin index." cant remember where I read that but supposedly MD gives a better Insulin spike but I stick with Dex. To each is own.

I messed up and gt waixymaize stuff. OMG disgusting. It's powder and not good

Malto is not a complex carb. Dextrose converts straight to glucose in the body if I remember correctly. I usually do dextrose post workout.

IMO, dextrose for cost-effectiveness and cyclic dextrin for the ideal

It's listed on TN as a complex
Carb

Its def a complex carb. It acts really strange because it gives a huge insulin spike like a simple sugar but it breaks down like a complex carb. :eek:

Its def a complex carb. It acts really strange because it gives a huge insulin spike like a simple sugar but it breaks down like a complex carb. :eek:

I have been reading conflicting stores about the need for Insulin spike after a workout. I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

Complex carbs do not cause huge insulin spikes.

This is correct actually. As you say it's weird. I suppose you could say technically its a complex carb but to all intents and proposes we should consider it a simple carb on terms of effects on body. To be fair bread is a complex carb but pretty hard hitting in the insulin spike stakes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Dextrose (out of the 2) would be optimal for most imo but any will do. Just make sure you get them in your system and your gtg. The key is finding what works for you as certain ones can cause stomach discomfort for many (especially when 50g and over). Out of the cheap ones I prefer WMS and Dextrose... but waxy maize is messy :eek:

My preferred intra and post-workout carb powders are Karbolyn, Karboload, and waxy maize. I would use a fruit such as pineapple before I would use dextrose.

Flex what's your reasoning for picking pineapple over dextrose?

This is correct actually. As you say it's weird. I suppose you could say technically its a complex carb but to all intents and proposes we should consider it a simple carb on terms of effects on body. To be fair bread is a complex carb but pretty hard hitting in the insulin spike stakes

I would never consider bread a complex carb. It's too processed in my book. Another reason why I rarely ever eat bread. I'd eat a white potato with the skin over bread anyday of the week. :D

I use the Karboload from TN over everything else so far , dextrose , waxy maize bloat my stomach , in all fairess though I always used it very concentrated , since ive di uble the water everything works better.
The next time I order my MG's powdered muscle I plan to get some HBCD powder to mix with it as my intra workout drink

Not answering for flex but I only use fruit and yas as my food carb sources , that with a little fat in the meal causes a much lower insulin spike and an steady blood sugar level. For me their isint any "crash" after the meal
And besides fresh pineapple is just awesome

I would never consider bread a complex carb. It's too processed in my book. Another reason why I rarely ever eat bread. I'd eat a white potato with the skin over bread anyday of the week. :D

This is why the whole complex carb thing is far from the whole story. Bread is a bullshit carb but technicaly a complex carb. I agree totally with what your saying though

I am not Flex but it's pretty obvious pineapple is the best carb ever :D I could live on pineapple and steak all day long :)

I didn't mention the better carbs as maybe the op is on a budget but sure HBCD, Vitargo and Karboload are superior to anything else... excluding pineapple :D

Mixing drinks with lots of water and drinking over time is the best way to have your shake. Knocking back 100g carbs and 50g protein is probably gonna lead to stomach discomfort for most.

I am not Flex but it's pretty obvious pineapple is the best carb ever :D I could live on pineapple and steak all day long :)

I didn't mention the better carbs as maybe the op is on a budget but sure HBCD, Vitargo and Karboload are superior to anything else... excluding pineapple :D

Mixing drinks with lots of water and drinking over time is the best way to have your shake. Knocking back 100g carbs and 50g protein is probably gonna lead to stomach discomfort for most.

Im gonna retire to costa rica one day and rise pineapple ad cows , I wanna try feeding pineapple to cows , marinate them fuckers from the inside out.!:headbang:

U dont need post wokout carbs. Especially empty calories such as these pure sugars....

Broscience.

sometimes i go a few hours after my workout without even a meal and i progress the same. I actually progressed more since i remvrd dexrose post workout because i could get more nutrients and vitamins in my diet for better gains.

What will give me better gains. 500 calories of nutrious brown rice or pure sugar. If i wanted to hve pure sugar ill eat gummy bears so i can enjoy the taste. But it does nothing..

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75