over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

True Protein Essential Aminos and retaining muscle

mountaindog1

IFBB Pro / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For those of you who know about the ridiculously hard diet I just did for the North American - to make weight - there are many things that stand out - but one in particular I wanted to share.

As I was going through week after week of extremely low carbs, I never lost an ounce of strength. At the 5 week out point Isabadman/Jason told me I would have to lose muscle to make weight, and at 3 weeks out Dr Serrano told me the same thing. I am not sure if I did or not, probably a little..I got a little flat the day of the show....but on 30 days straight of low carbs..still doing the same sets and reps on everything all the way through to the week of the show was pretty insane to me. I could see if I was carb cycling..but this was 2 a day cardio, coupled with extremely low carbs- - a recipe for muscle wasting.

Dr Serrano had me do one of his Essential Amino Acid protocols that he said would help me keep muscle. My actual food was mostly just grass-fed liver, whole eggs, red palm oil, and yucky tuna.

The EAA's helped me to maintain muscle and strength big time...I am not the type to bs you guys, and honestly, I don't know if TP's EAA's are better than others, because I haven't tried others in years. What I do know is that TP EAAs help to retain muscle like no supplement I have ever used.

Brad did the same thing for the USA, and I have had others do this successfully as well.

Anyways, thought I would share that....especially for those of you who are in diet mode..

JM

Appreciate the info. You looked like you busted your ass.

Thanks for the info, would you mind sharing your protocol? If not I understand as you're a trainer and it would be unfair to your paying clients.

Fantastic post. I'm currently 195 and 4 weeks out, light heavy's as a goal, I need info like this!

For those of you who know about the ridiculously hard diet I just did for the North American - to make weight - there are many things that stand out - but one in particular I wanted to share.

As I was going through week after week of extremely low carbs, I never lost an ounce of strength. At the 5 week out point Isabadman/Jason told me I would have to lose muscle to make weight, and at 3 weeks out Dr Serrano told me the same thing. I am not sure if I did or not, probably a little..I got a little flat the day of the show....but on 30 days straight of low carbs..still doing the same sets and reps on everything all the way through to the week of the show was pretty insane to me. I could see if I was carb cycling..but this was 2 a day cardio, coupled with extremely low carbs- - a recipe for muscle wasting.

Dr Serrano had me do one of his Essential Amino Acid protocols that he said would help me keep muscle. My actual food was mostly just grass-fed liver, whole eggs, red palm oil, and yucky tuna.

The EAA's helped me to maintain muscle and strength big time...I am not the type to bs you guys, and honestly, I don't know if TP's EAA's are better than others, because I haven't tried others in years. What I do know is that TP EAAs help to retain muscle like no supplement I have ever used.

Brad did the same thing for the USA, and I have had others do this successfully as well.

Anyways, thought I would share that....especially for those of you who are in diet mode..

JM
I agree!!! simply amazing!!! :eek:

How low were your carbs for those weeks?

It sounds like you followed a very diet limited Anabolic Diet, minus the carb load, which from my experience would account for your maintaining strength to a large degree.

I'm not trying to discredit the aminos, but anyone who has successfully switched their metabolism over to burning primarily fats will attest to the strength enhancing power of it.

Last edited:
Sorry its an old thread...but what was your protocol John?

In the offseason...do you think 5g EAA's, 5g glutamine and 5g Leucine between meals is a good idea?

How low were your carbs for those weeks?

anyone who has successfully switched their metabolism over to burning primarily fats will attest to the strength enhancing power of it.

I completely agree.

great info/tip,,i dont have many problems with strength lost with low carbs and moderate fats...but muscle lost is..:lightbulb:

hey john were you using any BCAAs?

ive been wanting to try a custom mix on TP with 70% EAA and 30% BCAAs

i can belive more companys dont make free form eaa they are imo the most underated supp there is. They are basically bcaa on steroids

MD

you use the caps....what about their peptopro?

MD

you use the caps....what about their peptopro?

I actually use the plain powder..I took it alot again this year...WORKS AWESOME...I worked up to 40 grams daily...I like it in the morning, lunch, pre workout, and before bed....10 grams a pop...

JM

If Shelby agrees to let me, I might give these a whirl.

TrueProtein is the ONLY place I get supplements. Has been for 5 years!

So BCAA stimulates protein synthesis/muscle anabolism?

And EAA prevents catabolism & helps to retain muscle in caloric deficit?

Let me know if I got these two straight

Great tip! Now that's what this board is all about! Thank you.

I agree, never knew, love new information!!!!!!

I actually use the plain powder..I took it alot again this year...WORKS AWESOME...I worked up to 40 grams daily...I like it in the morning, lunch, pre workout, and before bed....10 grams a pop...

JM

JM,

Just curious, why EAA over BCAA?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost