advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

True Protein International Shipping Charges: WTF?

You could almost buy a whole sheep for that amount. Whey is nothing compared to real meat - you fell for the marketing hype a real shame!
please explain? does sheep have a better amino acid profile than eggs? eagerly waiting your response, please enlighten me :eek:

What is the problem with a company like myprotein ? From my experience they are great and in the UK.

please explain? does sheep have a better amino acid profile than eggs? eagerly waiting your response, please enlighten me :eek:

At least you and I can laugh at this together :)

As someone that ships alot...shipping overseas is expensive!

I don't think TP is pocketing the shipping money, it's probably a pass through expense.

I just sold an item on ebay, a CNC machine part, the item closed for $1 and USPS shipping to Italy was going to be like $35. The guy got mad at me, but that's just what it cost to ship.

I sent a 6 lb package to Dubai a while back, insured for I think around $900 through fedex (a 52" long tube) and shipping was just shy of $160!

I regularly send an item to Australia and the guys there pay $30 shipping on $25-50 orders. It sucks. And I'm not picking anything up on the shipping, I'm just passing it through to the post office.

As someone who spends hundreds of bucks a week on shipping sometimes, it's frustrating to me as well.

As far as TP goes. My shipping is slow too. That's on UPS though, not them. Last order I placed I had a shipped notification within an hour or two, but it took 8 days to get here. Can't blame TP for that.

errr...

after all the recommendations on here i decided to get hold of some True Protein Cold Filtered Whey Isolate...

with the added enzyme gubbins it cacame to 51 bucks or thereabouts for 5lb tub..

average id say... and worth the outlay if the hype (cos it is hype here) is true

then i came to checkout... and the shipping charges to the UK came to:

Order Summary
Sub-Total: $51.20
Discount: - $0.00
Shipping: $46.30
Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $97.50

im sorry but DOUBLING the order cost just for shipping is outrageous!

ive never seen shipping charges even remotely close to that...

unbelieveable...

do they always sting you on the checkout?

is there any cheaper way to get it shipped to the UK? im just not willing to pay that amount... and i doubt many here are... which is a shame... cos i go through protein like shit through a goose... (literally)

100 bucks for 5lb protein is not justifiable

imho :eek:

any TP reps able to offer a better deal?

I totally agree , you paid a ridiculous amount for shipping . I just sent a e-mail to the company that sells true protein asking how much for ship charges to the US . I can place a order that weighs up to 75 pounds from an online company called prosource.net and ship charges are a flat $4.95 , unless shipped to a P.O BOX that is slightly more .

How about Ostrich or even snake ? I was told snake meat taste like the greatest chicken you can imagine . I eagerly await to try this one day LOL

TP's LBAs has added L-tryptophan, so now its a complete protein..and by the size of the bottles, TP's LBAs are twice the size of AAEFX's.

Also, if you do your homework, you can get TP's LBAs to the UK at about £17 per bottle...

I'm aware what's been added to them.

You used a different shipping method?

I actually enquired about buying A LOT of LBA's from TP and getting the shipping down, in fact, they would let me use a shipping method of my choice as long as I arranged it all, which I thought was fantastic customer service.

True Protein makes the best products period, and another poster said TP will allow you to shop shippers as long as you do the work and arrange for the shipping. Who else would do this???? They are obviously not making anything on shipping. Its the fucking criminals in the shipping industry. They are simply the best all around from products to customer service.

It's not about getting the cheapest with me cos the reason I am short on cash is... well long story... but my food bill and supplements don't help. Food is everything. I look at supplements as addtions. Powders are great cos I struggle to eat many meals and I work awkward hours so they are convenient. I have wantd to try LBA's for awhile. Not got them exactly but simlar so gonna give them a try. Like I said if TP operated in the UK I would solely use them... great company. Just like all of the US based posters prefer to use US companies for obvious reasons. My protein offer next day delivery for 3 quid regardless of quantity ordered... simple maths.

Just adding. Before I say this I don't have any motives just expressing my opinion. I just find it stupid when you say about if he has competed or not. This is not a pic thread etc. If swifto had competed would that validate his opinions. The only time competitng should add weigh to an opinion is if your talking about it. Experience is everything. If Swifto was giving advice about what to do on the day of competition, water usage, shows to do etc then I understand where you are coming from. But how does it have anything to do with LBA's and protein usage. The are many competitors who don't having a clue about protein powders, supplements etc. So if you have mastered in all the sciences and studied health and nutrition etc but haven't competed you fall in the useless category... come on use some common sense.

Last edited:
Back to the original post in this thread...
It may be you could have ordered 2 times that weight of whey for only a small amount more in the shipping fee. 5 pounds is not very much to mess with IMO. Did you compare different weights/shipping cost ratios? As in may cases, much of that initial shipping fee could be "set-up for the service" and any additional weight added would be billed in smaller increments in costs therefore making your unit cost much lower per pound. Might be worth checking.

Phil, do you have trainees that don't use LBA's ?

I genuinely believe that LBA's are an awesome protein source and their price is unbeatable.

Personally, I make my own LBA's now and they rock. If I could order them with decent shipping prices, I would just buy them at TP. By making them myself, they cost me about the same as you would buy them at TP in the USA, but without shipping, so yes, I definitely think they are worth the money !

I know TP is not pocketing the money, but I need to think about my own pocket these days, and the last thing I want to do is make UPS rich...

But this is a show me sport......so SWIFTO needs to show us how well he is coming along from his routine.......protein use included. All he ever speaks of is AAS..........is his genetics THAT BAD?? SO he is an AAS expert? YEA RIGHT!! ahhaahhaa ok..........

It's not about blaming anyone. It's about LBA's not being available in e.g. Europe, without paying the extra shipping cost.

Image LBA's would be made in Europe and they would be available for 100 USD in Europe and you would have to pay 200 USD in the USA.

Would you still use them at double price ?

I'm not a fan of calling names, so just for the sake of sane discussion...

Exactly, I was thinking, he is blaming TP for the high cost of shipping?? Makes no sense :confused: Just for his own education, he should take a bulky 5 pound box to his local UK parcel service and see what the cost would be to ship that baby to California in a reasonably timely way :D

Well

Phil, do you have trainees that don't use LBA's ?

I genuinely believe that LBA's are an awesome protein source and their price is unbeatable.

Personally, I make my own LBA's now and they rock. If I could order them with decent shipping prices, I would just buy them at TP. By making them myself, they cost me about the same as you would buy them at TP in the USA, but without shipping, so yes, I definitely think they are worth the money !

I know TP is not pocketing the money, but I need to think about my own pocket these days, and the last thing I want to do is make UPS rich...

Thats a great idea for you! Yes, use them if its the same product! Its like telling my clients to not squat anymore.........its ALL ABOUT THE CLIENT...........I NEED RESULTS..........I NEED A REPUTATION.....squats, LBAs, etc............all part of the program. Without is you CANT be your BEST.

Thanks for your honest opinion. I understand what you're getting at...

As for LBA's, I think they are truly wonderful. The hydrolized collagen has so many positive benefits, so thanks for bringing it to our attention, it is much appreciated !

Thats a great idea for you! Yes, use them if its the same product! Its like telling my clients to not squat anymore.........its ALL ABOUT THE CLIENT...........I NEED RESULTS..........I NEED A REPUTATION.....squats, LBAs, etc............all part of the program. Without is you CANT be your BEST.

Hey

Thanks for your honest opinion. I understand what you're getting at...

As for LBA's, I think they are truly wonderful. The hydrolized collagen has so many positive benefits, so thanks for bringing it to our attention, it is much appreciated !

Our pleasure..........not just me, Emeric introduced me to these 20 years ago.......now trueprotein has upgraded AAEFXs version........

Any plans on a maple flavor, would make a GREAT syrup for some oat flour pancakes!

I don't mined the price, whoever, it takes for ever to recived my order ...that's way I stick to Synthetek........ but both of them are high quality...

I'm of course in the states. I ran a quick price check, and entered about the same as the pete793r. My total (just picked out a few items to get close to the same total), was $53.98.

Here's the breakdown for someone in the West Coast.

Sub-Total: $53.98
Discount: - $0.00
Shipping: $10.12
Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $64.10

I will admit that the shipping cost seems a lot for someone having it sent from the US to the UK, but for me, (especially using UPS, not USPS) this shipping charge is outstanding. UPS is, and would be, more expensive then regular mail, but it's definitely going to get there, and in good shape. If you can get just as good stuff locally, then that's what I'd do, but really sit down and figure out exactly what True Protein is selling, what it is equal to locally, or shipped from somewhere else, and figure out the math that way. I know for a fact that a cheaper jug of 2lb whey protein that I have, would need to be doubled to equal one of True Proteins (It's close, not exactly). I've also paid more for 2lbs, that aren't as good as True Proteins too (Just off the numbers). I'd definitely says it's great for US customers, but if you're outside, you really need to see if you're protein (That you can get), measures up the same, and the price difference. You also have to throw in some extra for UPS, and it's dependability for tracking and arriving.

BigBubz

I totally agree , you paid a ridiculous amount for shipping . I just sent a e-mail to the company that sells true protein asking how much for ship charges to the US . I can place a order that weighs up to 75 pounds from an online company called prosource.net and ship charges are a flat $4.95 , unless shipped to a P.O BOX that is slightly more .

when did prosource start selling trueprotein products?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131