YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

True Protein International Shipping Charges: WTF?

pete793r

Newbies
errr...

after all the recommendations on here i decided to get hold of some True Protein Cold Filtered Whey Isolate...

with the added enzyme gubbins it cacame to 51 bucks or thereabouts for 5lb tub..

average id say... and worth the outlay if the hype (cos it is hype here) is true

then i came to checkout... and the shipping charges to the UK came to:

Order Summary
Sub-Total: $51.20
Discount: - $0.00
Shipping: $46.30
Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $97.50

im sorry but DOUBLING the order cost just for shipping is outrageous!

ive never seen shipping charges even remotely close to that...

unbelieveable...

do they always sting you on the checkout?

is there any cheaper way to get it shipped to the UK? im just not willing to pay that amount... and i doubt many here are... which is a shame... cos i go through protein like shit through a goose... (literally)

100 bucks for 5lb protein is not justifiable

imho :eek:

any TP reps able to offer a better deal?

Last edited:
Your shipping is still lower then the sub-totaal. My shipping was more then the sub-total. True Protein and LBA was awesome. No choice but to stop after ordering 3 times.

Last edited:
Your shipping is still lower then the cost stuff. My shipping was more then cost of stuff that i bought. True Protein and LBA was awesome. No choice but to stop after ordering 3 times.

hey there.

no matter whatway you cut it, its wrong... ive ordered protein - same size from the US before. a pretty well known brand too... and got the protein and shipping for 60 dollars...

i just cant justify it at that rate...

Yup, understood. Thats why i have to stop buying. The total cost is just way too much for me.

TP

Its not the fault of TP. Shipping charges haven been sky high lately. Although i have noticed a decrease in the last month or two.
I usually pay $ 209 for shipping 12 bottles of LBA. Its though, but i want the LBA´s even more.

So either you order or you dont and buy something locally. Its that easy.

Totally agree !! I don't know why this hasn't changed yet...

TP should get better rates with their shipping partner... other US sites ship at almost 1/3 of the TP shipping rates, pound for pound !

It's the only reason people in Europe hold back on ordering... such a bummer !

So true, that's why I make my own LBA's now... much cheaper ! And tastes equally great ! ;)

Its not the fault of TP. Shipping charges haven been sky high lately. Although i have noticed a decrease in the last month or two.
I usually pay $ 209 for shipping 12 bottles of LBA. Its though, but i want the LBA´s even more.

So either you order or you dont and buy something locally. Its that easy.

UPS is expensive no doubt about it, oh and slowwwwwww as well. Not TP's fault but I would love to see other shipping options.

errr...

after all the recommendations on here i decided to get hold of some True Protein Cold Filtered Whey Isolate...

with the added enzyme gubbins it cacame to 51 bucks or thereabouts for 5lb tub..

average id say... and worth the outlay if the hype (cos it is hype here) is true

then i came to checkout... and the shipping charges to the UK came to:

Order Summary
Sub-Total: $51.20
Discount: - $0.00
Shipping: $46.30
Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $97.50

im sorry but DOUBLING the order cost just for shipping is outrageous!

ive never seen shipping charges even remotely close to that...

unbelieveable...

do they always sting you on the checkout?

is there any cheaper way to get it shipped to the UK? im just not willing to pay that amount... and i doubt many here are... which is a shame... cos i go through protein like shit through a goose... (literally)

100 bucks for 5lb protein is not justifiable

imho :eek:

any TP reps able to offer a better deal?

check **broken link removed** which is one of our board sponsors, their products are top notch quality. their bulk deliveries are world wide and always promt. and your main concern , prices and price delivery beyond competition.

check **broken link removed** which is one of our board sponsors, their products are top notch quality. their bulk deliveries are world wide and always promt. and your main concern , prices and price delivery beyond competition.

with the exchange rate 3kg of the whey isolate is £85

in dollars thats: $133...lol.. 30% more expensive than the TP stuff... without the shipping

:banghead::D

only used BB.com once... Gaspari Mitotropin some took *6* weeks to get to me... the 'customer service' was abolutely abhorrent... some of the worst ive ever experienced..

never again deal with them - i promised myself...

ill keep looking.

thanks for the suggestions fellas

Last edited by a moderator:
a discount code will help to knock the shipping cost down a little bit. as dante said in one of his previous posts, would you feel better if the shipping was 6.99 and had higher prices on each individual item?

As someone who ships lots of supplements to the EU I can tell you that that's not a bad rate. It's not like the old days where you can just stick it in the mail. You do that and you'll lose a lot of shipments. The private carriers are expensive. But they have a lock on the small package business so they can increase their rates at will. And they do.

arent there any protein powder manufacturers in Europe? Why does everything have to come from the US? Just curious.

arent there any protein powder manufacturers in Europe? Why does everything have to come from the US? Just curious.

there is.
I went over to Ireland at the end of June for 17days. First day there, went to a health food store and bought a shaker and was basicaly WPI . . Got the strawberry, tasted amazing. British company.

wanted to try an Irish company i saw online, since I was in Ireland, lol, but did not see any. Only went to that one health food store, kinda like a vitamin world type store. Wanted to find a true Supplement Store, but did not have the time in Dublin nor Galway.

Many on the other side of the pond. Just not the name brands that you will see all over American dominated/based forums.

Last edited:
If I had to guess I would say it's the supply from the dairies. With farms like Land of Lakes and others turning out so much milk in Wisconsin there is a pretty big supply of whey here. But almost of it is sold before it's even made because of the demand by supplement companies.

They don't make any profit from shipping, you should be mad at UPS or USPS or the cost of gas and not them.
You can use my discount code to save you some money though
JHN125
:)

You can get 2 bottles of LBA's (AAFEX) here in the UK for cheaper than you can get a bottle of TP's LBA's+shipping+taxes, much cheaper infact.

As for Whey, Casein, look around. Again, you can get decent grade products inside the UK.

TP's products are probably excellent, but due to shipping/taxes its far from idea for us lot.

Yes

You can get 2 bottles of LBA's (AAFEX) here in the UK for cheaper than you can get a bottle of TP's LBA's+shipping+taxes, much cheaper infact.

As for Whey, Casein, look around. Again, you can get decent grade products inside the UK.

TP's products are probably excellent, but due to shipping/taxes its far from idea for us lot.

and 2 bottles of AAEFX is only about 75% of 1 bottle of TRUEPROTEIN LBAs......AAEFX is not even a complete protein.........thats called fuzzy math....But who in their right mind would only order 1 bottle??? Crazy

You could almost buy a whole sheep for that amount. Whey is nothing compared to real meat - you fell for the marketing hype a real shame!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws